Susanne Y P Choi
Affiliation: The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Gender and HIV risk behavior among intravenous drug users in Sichuan Province, ChinaSusanne Y P Choi
Department of Sociology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Sha Tin, NT, Hong Kong
Soc Sci Med 62:1672-84. 2006..Practical implications of the findings for HIV/AIDS prevention and intervention work in China are discussed...
- Obstacles to colorectal cancer screening in Chinese: a study based on the health belief modelJoseph J Y Sung
School of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
Am J Gastroenterol 103:974-81. 2008..Colorectal cancer (CRC) has emerged as the second most common cancer in Asia. This study uses the Health Belief Model (HBM) to examine the factors associated with the uptake of CRC testing...
- Bring the Subjective Back In: Resource and Husband-to-Wife Physical Assault Among Chinese Couples in Hong KongSusanne Yuk Ping Choi
Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Violence Against Women 20:1428-46. 2014..The findings not only partly support absolute and relative resource theories but also suggest the salient role of subjective indicators of resources on husband-to-wife physical assault. ..
- Mechanisms of racial inequalities in prevalence of diarrhoea in South AfricaSusanne Y P Choi
Centre for Health Policy, University of the Witwatersrand, Private Bag 3, Wits 2050, South Africa
J Health Popul Nutr 21:264-72. 2003....
- The influence of power, poverty and agency in the negotiation of condom use for female sex workers in mainland ChinaSusanne Y P Choi
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Sha Tin, Hong Kong
Cult Health Sex 9:489-503. 2007..Future HIV intervention programmes need to take these factors into account in order to meet the needs of different groups of women sex workers...
- Client-perpetuated violence and condom failure among female sex workers in southwestern ChinaSusanne Y P Choi
Department of Sociology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
Sex Transm Dis 35:141-6. 2008..This research examined factors associated with condom failure, i.e., slippage or breakage, among female sex workers (FSWs) in China. Special attention was paid to the association between client-perpetuated violence and condom failure...
- Heterogeneous and vulnerable: the health risks facing transnational female sex workersSusanne Y P Choi
Department of Sociology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, NT, Hong Kong
Sociol Health Illn 33:33-49. 2011..They also point out the urgency of tackling the interpersonal and structural obstacles to safe sex practices among marginalised populations...
- Ethnicity and risk factors in needle sharing among intravenous drug users in Sichuan Province, ChinaSusanne Y P Choi
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Sichuan Province
AIDS Care 19:1-8. 2007..These findings highlight the need for HIV prevention work to target marginalized populations in China, such as ethnic minorities, and to tailor appropriate prevention strategies to meet the specific needs of different groups...
- Wife beating in South Africa: an imbalance theory of resources and powerSusanne Y P Choi
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
J Interpers Violence 23:834-52. 2008..Empirical evidence provided some support for the dependence, submission, and transgression hypotheses...