Tung Wai Auyeung
Affiliation: The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Cognitive deficit is associated with phase advance of sleep-wake rhythm, daily napping, and prolonged sleep duration--a cross-sectional study in 2,947 community-dwelling older adultsTung Wai Auyeung
The S H Ho Centre for Gerontology and Geriatrics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
Age (Dordr) 35:479-86. 2013..Whether this is a manifestation of early pre-clinical dementia and whether its recognition with early stabilization can slow cognitive decline remain elusive...
- Physical frailty predicts future cognitive decline - a four-year prospective study in 2737 cognitively normal older adultsT W Auyeung
S H Ho Centre for Gerontology and Geriatric, The Chinese University of Hong Kong and Pok Oi Hospital, Hong Kong, China
J Nutr Health Aging 15:690-4. 2011..To examine the association between baseline frailty measurements and cognitive function 4 years later...
- Effects of height loss on morbidity and mortality in 3145 community-dwelling Chinese older women and men: a 5-year prospective studyTung Wai Auyeung
Department of Medicine and Geriatrics, Tuen Mun Hospital, Tuen Mun, New Territories, Hong Kong
Age Ageing 39:699-704. 2010..However, height loss occurring after old age has been little studied. We examined how height loss was related to bone mineral density (BMD) change, fracture incidence and cause-specific mortality in older adults...
- Estimation of stature by measuring fibula and ulna bone length in 2443 older adultsT W Auyeung
Department of Medicine and Geriatrics, Tuen Mun Hospital, Hong Kong
J Nutr Health Aging 13:931-6. 2009..Estimation of Stature by Measuring Fibula and Ulna Bone Length in 2443 Older Adults...
- Survival in older men may benefit from being slightly overweight and centrally obese--a 5-year follow-up study in 4,000 older adults using DXATung Wai Auyeung
Department of Medicine and Geriatrics, Tuen Mun Hospital, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong, China
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 65:99-104. 2010..We used dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DXA) to measure adiposity and hypothesized that overall adiposity, distribution of adiposity, and muscle mass might individually affect survival...
- Functional decline in cognitive impairment--the relationship between physical and cognitive functionTung Wai Auyeung
Jockey Club Center for Osteoporosis Care and Control, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Neuroepidemiology 31:167-73. 2008..Our objectives are to examine the relationship between cognitive function and performance-based physical function and to test the hypothesis that cognitive function is related to poor physical function independent of muscle mass...
- Associated factors and health impact of sarcopenia in older chinese men and women: a cross-sectional studyJenny S W Lee
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, School of Medicine, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Gerontology 53:404-10. 2007..Sarcopenia is increasingly being recognized as a feature of frailty in old age and is associated with unfavorable health outcomes in Western populations. Little is known about sarcopenia among Asian elderly populations...
- Testosterone but not estradiol level is positively related to muscle strength and physical performance independent of muscle mass: a cross-sectional study in 1489 older menTung Wai Auyeung
The S H Ho Centre of Gerontology and Geriatrics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Eur J Endocrinol 164:811-7. 2011....
- Survival benefit of abdominal adiposity: a 6-year follow-up study with Dual X-ray absorptiometry in 3,978 older adultsJenny Shun Wah Lee
Division of Geriatrics, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
Age (Dordr) 34:597-608. 2012..Higher whole body fat % as well as higher proportion of abdominal fat was associated with lower all-cause mortality in men. No such relation was found in women...
- The effect of diabetes mellitus on age-associated lean mass loss in 3153 older adultsJ S W Lee
Division of Geriatrics, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Diabet Med 27:1366-71. 2010..Other diabetes-related conditions may also play a role. We assessed body composition changes associated with diabetes in older adults with adjustment for diabetes-related co-morbidities...
- The use of corticosteroid as treatment in SARS was associated with adverse outcomes: a retrospective cohort studyTung Wai Auyeung
Department of Medicine and Geriatrics, Tuen Mun Hospital, Tuen Mun, New Territories, Hong Kong, China
J Infect 51:98-102. 2005..CONCLUSION: Despite more favourable baseline characteristics and similar peak LDH levels, SARS patients given corticosteroid had more adverse outcomes...
- A case of oral myiasis due to Chrysomya bezzianaK H L Ng
Department of Clinical Pathology, Tuen Mun Hospital, Tsing Chung Koon Road, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 9:454-6. 2003....
- The first patient with locally acquired dengue fever in Hong KongT W Auyeung
Department of Medicine and Geriatrics, Tuen Mun Hospital, Tsing Chung Koon Road, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 9:127-9. 2003..The pathogenesis, diagnostic criteria of dengue haemorrhagic fever and dengue shock syndrome, and control of dengue infection are discussed...