Affiliation: Sun Yat-sen University
- Anthocyanin extract from black rice significantly ameliorates platelet hyperactivity and hypertriglyceridemia in dyslipidemic rats induced by high fat dietsYan Yang
Department of Nutrition, School of Public Health, Sun Yat Sen University Northern Campus, Guangzhou 510080, People s Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 59:6759-64. 2011....
- Erythrocyte membrane fatty acid composition is related to overloaded plasma ferritin in Chinese males with angiographic coronary artery diseaseZhongxia Li
Department of Nutrition, School of Public Health, Sun Yat Sen University Northern Campus, 74 Zhongshan Road 2, Guangzhou, 510080, PR China
Food Funct 4:1535-42. 2013..The results may contribute to the understanding of the mechanism of the iron-heart hypothesis...
- Plant food delphinidin-3-glucoside significantly inhibits platelet activation and thrombosis: novel protective roles against cardiovascular diseasesYan Yang
Canadian Blood Services, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e37323. 2012..Thus, Dp-3-g significantly inhibits platelet activation and attenuates thrombus growth at both arterial and venous shear stresses, which likely contributes to its protective roles against thrombosis and CVDs...
- Plasma S-adenosylhomocysteine is associated with the risk of cardiovascular events in patients undergoing coronary angiography: a cohort studyYunjun Xiao
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Food, Nutrition and Health, Department of Nutrition, School of Public Health, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China YX, MW, XL, DS, DL, YY, MX, and WL the Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, Shenzhen Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China YX and the Department of Cardiology, Guangzhou Military General Hospital, Guangzhou, China YZ and JQ
Am J Clin Nutr 98:1162-9. 2013....
- Platelets in thrombosis and hemostasis: old topic with new mechanismsYiming Wang
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cardiovasc Hematol Disord Drug Targets 12:126-32. 2012..Identification and characterization of these molecules will enrich our knowledge in the basic science of hemostasis and thrombosis, and may lead to the development of new therapies against bleeding disorders and thrombotic diseases...
- Lack of association between four SNPs in the SLC22A3-LPAL2-LPA gene cluster and coronary artery disease in a Chinese Han population: a case control studyXiaofei Lv
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Food, Nutrition and Health, Department of Nutrition, School of Public Health, Sun Yat Sen University, Northern Campus, 74 Zhongshan Road 2, Guangzhou 510080, China
Lipids Health Dis 11:128. 2012..The purpose of this study was to verify whether this finding can be expanded to the Chinese Han population...
- Cyanidin-3-O-β-glucoside improves obesity and triglyceride metabolism in KK-Ay mice by regulating lipoprotein lipase activityXiaoyi Wei
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Food, Nutrition and Health, School of Public Health, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province 510080, China
J Sci Food Agric 91:1006-13. 2011..Cyanidin-3-O-β-glucoside (Cy-3-g)-rich foods have been reported to inhibit the onset of obesity, but whether the pure anthocyanin supplementation affects obesity remains uncertain...
- Purified anthocyanin supplementation improves endothelial function via NO-cGMP activation in hypercholesterolemic individualsYanna Zhu
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Food, Nutrition, and Health, School of Public Health, SunYat Sen University Northern Campus, Guangzhou, China
Clin Chem 57:1524-33. 2011..Anthocyanins have been shown to improve endothelial function in animal models. However, whether these compounds have similar beneficial effects in humans is largely unknown...
- Joint effects of genetic variants in multiple loci on the risk of coronary artery disease in Chinese Han subjectsXiaofei Lv
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Food, Nutrition and Health, Department of Nutrition, School of Public Health, Sun Yat Sen University Northern Campus, Guangzhou, China
Circ J 76:1987-92. 2012..The aim of the present study was to explore risk variants for coronary artery disease (CAD) and to evaluate their joint effects (quantified by genetic risk score; GRS) on the discrimination of CAD in a Chinese Han sample...
- Docosahexaenoic acid ameliorates palmitate-induced lipid accumulation and inflammation through repressing NLRC4 inflammasome activation in HepG2 cellsXiaoqin Luo
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Food, Nutrition and Health, School of Public Health, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Nutr Metab (Lond) 9:34. 2012..abstract:..
- Increased plasma S-adenosyl-homocysteine levels induce the proliferation and migration of VSMCs through an oxidative stress-ERK1/2 pathway in apoE(-/-) miceXiaoqin Luo
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Food, Nutrition and Health, School of Public Health, Sun Yat Sen University, 74 Zhongshan Road II, Guangzhou 510080, PR China
Cardiovasc Res 95:241-50. 2012..We investigated the in vivo and in vitro effects of SAH on vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs) proliferation and migration related to the development of atherogenesis in apolipoprotein E-deficient (apoE(-/-)) mice...
- Cyanidin-3-O-β-glucoside with the aid of its metabolite protocatechuic acid, reduces monocyte infiltration in apolipoprotein E-deficient miceDongLiang Wang
Department of Nutrition, School of Public Health, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, PR China
Biochem Pharmacol 82:713-9. 2011..These above data imply that the anti-monocyte/macrophage infiltration property of Cy-3-G and its metabolite PCA may be an important antiatherogenic mechanism for anthocyanins...
- IFN-β inhibits the increased expression of IL-9 during experimental autoimmune uveoretinitisYan Yang
Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, PR China
PLoS ONE 7:e48566. 2012..This study was designed to investigate the possible role of IL-9 in the development of experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis (EAU) and the effect of IFN-β on its expression...
- Cancer mortality in a Chinese population surrounding a multi-metal sulphide mine in Guangdong province: an ecologic studyMao Wang
Department of Preventive Medicine, School of Public Health, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
BMC Public Health 11:319. 2011..In our present study, we have estimated the relationships between long-term environmental exposure to multiple heavy metals and the risk of cancer mortality in a Chinese population in the vicinity of Dabaoshan...