Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Southwest University
- Peng J, Li Z, Yang Y, Wang P, Zhou X, Zhao T, et al. Comparative Transcriptome Analysis Provides Novel Insight into Morphologic and Metabolic Changes in the Fat Body during Silkworm Metamorphosis. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the comparative transcriptome analysis provides novel insight into morphologic and metabolic changes in the fat body during silkworm metamorphosis. ..
- Liu L, Wang Y, Li Y, Guo P, Liu C, Li Z, et al. Insights into the repression of fibroin modulator binding protein-1 on the transcription of fibroin H-chain during molting in Bombyx mori. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2019;104:39-49 pubmed publisher..Our study also provides valuable information regarding the biological function of factors containing STPR domain. ..
- Guo H, Xu G, Wang B, Xia F, Sun Q, Wang Y, et al. Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase is involved in antiviral immunity against Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus. Dev Comp Immunol. 2019;92:193-198 pubmed publisher..These results revealed that PEPCK-M has an important function in antiviral immunity. ..
- Wang Q, Guo P, Wang Z, Liu H, Zhang Y, Jiang S, et al. Antibacterial Mechanism of Gloverin2 from Silkworm, Bombyx mori. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..Subsequently, α-helical BmGlv2 would recruit more BmGlv2 and form higher aggregation state. Collectively, these findings expand our understanding of antibacterial mechanism of BmGlv2. ..
- Guo H, Huang C, Jiang L, Cheng T, Feng T, Xia Q. Transcriptome analysis of the response of silkworm to drastic changes in ambient temperature. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2018;102:10161-10170 pubmed publisher..Thus, the increase in the thermo-tolerance of silkworm should be related to the enhancement in the pathogen resistance. ..
- Chen W, Wang F, Tian C, Wang Y, Xu S, Wang R, et al. Transgenic Silkworm-Based Silk Gland Bioreactor for Large Scale Production of Bioactive Human Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF-BB) in Silk Cocoons. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the silk gland bioreactor can produce active recombinant PDGF-BB as an efficient mitogen and wound healing agent. ..
- Jiang L, Huang C, Sun Q, Guo H, Cheng T, Peng Z, et al. The 5'-UTR intron of the midgut-specific BmAPN4 gene affects the level and location of expression in transgenic silkworms. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2015;63:1-6 pubmed publisher..This study found that the BmAPN4 5 UI affected the amount and location of gene expression. Its influence appeared to be dependent on a specific promoter. ..
- Qian W, Kang L, Zhang T, Meng M, Wang Y, Li Z, et al. Ecdysone receptor (EcR) is involved in the transcription of cell cycle genes in the silkworm. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:3335-49 pubmed publisher..These results provide new insights into understanding the roles of EcR-mediated ecdysone signaling in the regulation of cell cycle. ..
- Hua X, Li B, Song L, Hu C, Li X, Wang D, et al. Stimulator of interferon genes (STING) provides insect antiviral immunity by promoting Dredd caspase-mediated NF-κB activation. J Biol Chem. 2018;293:11878-11890 pubmed publisher..Our findings have uncovered BmSTING as a critical mediator of antiviral immunity in the model insect B. mori and have identified several BmSTING-interacting proteins that control antiviral defenses. ..
- Guo H, Jiang L, Xia Q. Selection of reference genes for analysis of stress-responsive genes after challenge with viruses and temperature changes in the silkworm Bombyx mori. Mol Genet Genomics. 2016;291:999-1004 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that TIF-4A may be the most appropriate RG for gene expression analysis after challenge with viruses or HT in silkworms. ..
- Zhao P, Xia F, Jiang L, Guo H, Xu G, Sun Q, et al. Enhanced antiviral immunity against Bombyx mori cytoplasmic polyhedrosis virus via overexpression of peptidoglycan recognition protein S2 in transgenic silkworms. Dev Comp Immunol. 2018;87:84-89 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that BmPGRP-S2 overexpression can activate the Imd pathway and induce AMP upregulation, enhancing silkworm antiviral resistance. ..
- Shen G, Lin Y, Yang C, Xing R, Zhang H, Chen E, et al. Vertebrate estrogen regulates the development of female characteristics in silkworm, Bombyx mori. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2015;210:30-7 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that silkworms synthesized a vertebrate E2 analog. This study found that E2 promoted the synthesis of BmVg, a female typical protein in silkworms. ..
- Yang C, Lin Y, Shen G, Chen E, Wang Y, Luo J, et al. Female qualities in males: vitellogenin synthesis induced by ovary transplants into the male silkworm, Bombyx mori. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;453:31-6 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that the male silkworm has innate female qualities that were induced by a transplanted ovary and 17Î²-estradiol. However, in silkworms, female qualities in males are not as complete as in females. ..
- Hu C, Wang F, Ma S, Li X, Song L, Hua X, et al. Suppression of intestinal immunity through silencing of TCTP by RNAi in transgenic silkworm, Bombyx mori. Gene. 2015;574:82-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the innate immunity of intestinal was suppressed through disruption of dynamic ERK phosphorylation after oral microbial infection as a result of RNAi-mediated knockdown of midgut TCTP in transgenic silkworm. ..
- Li Y, Ma S, Sun L, Zhang T, Chang J, Lu W, et al. Programmable Single and Multiplex Base-Editing in Bombyx mori Using RNA-Guided Cytidine Deaminases. G3 (Bethesda). 2018;8:1701-1709 pubmed publisher..6%, when 32 gRNAs were co-transfected. Collectively, our data show for the first time that RNA-guided cytidine deaminases are capable of programmable single and multiplex base editing in an invertebrate model. ..
- Wang Y, Zhou P, Lin Y, Shu M, Hu Y, Xia Q, et al. Quantitative prediction of class I MHC/epitope binding affinity using QSAR modeling derived from amino acid structural information. Comb Chem High Throughput Screen. 2015;18:75-82 pubmed..Besides, they have many advantages, such as definite physiochemical indication, easier calculation and explanation, and good performances. ..
- Chen Q, Liu X, Zhao P, Sun Y, Zhao X, Xiong Y, et al. GC/MS-based metabolomic studies reveal key roles of glycine inÂ regulating silk synthesis in silkworm, Bombyx mori. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2015;57:41-50 pubmed publisher..These findings provide important insights into the regulation between metabolic profiling and silk synthesis. ..
- Gao J, Zhang T, Xu B, Jia L, Xiao B, Liu H, et al. CRISPR/Cas9-Mediated Mutagenesis of Carotenoid Cleavage Dioxygenase 8 (CCD8) in Tobacco Affects Shoot and Root Architecture. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..In addition, mutant lines had shorter primary roots and more of lateral roots than wild type. These results suggest that NtCCD8 genes are important for changes in tobacco plant architecture. ..
- Wang X, Li Y, Peng L, Chen H, Xia Q, Zhao P. Comparative transcriptome analysis of Bombyx mori spinnerets and Filippi's glands suggests their role in silk fiber formation. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;68:89-99 pubmed publisher..Our findings pave a way for further functional explanation of the spinneret and FG. ..
- Li Y, Zhao P, Liu H, Guo X, He H, Zhu R, et al. TIL-type protease inhibitors may be used as targeted resistance factors to enhance silkworm defenses against invasive fungi. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2015;57:11-9 pubmed publisher..These results provided new insight into the molecular mechanisms whereby insect protease inhibitors confer resistance against entomopathogenic fungi, suggesting their potential application in medicinal or agricultural fields. ..
- Duan J, Meng X, Ma S, Wang F, Guo H, Zhang L, et al. The C-terminus of DSX(F5) protein acts as a novel regulatory domain in Bombyx mori. Transgenic Res. 2016;25:491-7 pubmed publisher..mori. ..
- Li Y, Wang X, Chen Q, Hou Y, Xia Q, Zhao P. Metabolomics Analysis of the Larval Head of the Silkworm, Bombyx mori. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed..Thus, our findings provide references which elucidate the potential functions of the silkworm head and will be of great value for the metabolomics research of silkworms and other insects. ..
- Liu Y, Ma S, Chang J, Zhang T, Wang X, Shi R, et al. Tissue-specific genome editing of laminA/C in the posterior silk glands of Bombyx mori. J Genet Genomics. 2017;44:451-459 pubmed publisher..mori, with potential application for other insects. ..
- Ma S, Wang X, Liu Y, Gao J, Zhang S, Shi R, et al. Multiplex genomic structure variation mediated by TALEN and ssODN. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:41 pubmed publisher..It is plausible to believe that the strategies developed in this study can be applied to other organisms, and will help understand the biological roles of GSV and therapeutic applications of TALEN and ssODN. ..
- Tan X, Hu X, Zhong X, Chen Q, Xia Q, Zhao P. Antenna-specific glutathione S-transferase in male silkmoth Bombyx mori. Int J Mol Sci. 2014;15:7429-43 pubmed publisher..Restricted expression of BmGSTD4 in silkmoth antennae combined with GST activity suggested that BmGSTD4 was involved in the detoxification of harmful chemicals. ..
- Zhang X, Wang G, Gao J, Nie M, Liu W, Xia Q. Functional analysis of NtMPK2 uncovers its positive role in response to Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato DC3000 in tobacco. Plant Mol Biol. 2016;90:19-31 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover that NtMPK2 positively regulate tobacco defense response to Pst DC3000 and improve our understanding of plant molecular defense mechanism. ..
- Meng M, Liu C, Peng J, Qian W, Qian H, Tian L, et al. Homeodomain Protein Scr Regulates the Transcription of Genes Involved in Juvenile Hormone Biosynthesis in the Silkworm. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:26166-85 pubmed publisher..These results conclude that the homeodomain protein Scr is transcriptionally involved in the regulation of JH biosynthesis in the silkworm. ..
- Wang F, Xue R, Li X, Hu C, Xia Q. Characterization of a protein tyrosine phosphatase as a host factor promoting baculovirus replication in silkworm, Bombyx mori. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;57:31-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that BmPTP-h might be one of the host factors that is beneficial to baculovirus infection by promoting viral replication. ..
- Zhou R, Ma G, Korhonen P, Luo Y, Zhu H, Luo Y, et al. Comparative transcriptomic analyses of male and female adult Toxocara canis. Gene. 2017;600:85-89 pubmed publisher..canis. The results of this transcriptomic study should provide a useful basis to support investigations of the reproductive biology of T. canis and related nematodes.2. ..
- Hu W, Liu C, Cheng T, Li W, Wang N, Xia Q. Histomorphometric and transcriptomic features characterize silk glands' development during the molt to intermolt transition process in silkworm. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;76:95-108 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insights into the molecular mechanisms of silk gland development and silk protein genes transcriptional regulation during the molt to intermolt transition process. ..
- Ye J, Li Y, Liu H, Li J, Dong Z, Xia Q, et al. Genome-Wide Identification and Characterization of Carboxypeptidase Genes in Silkworm (Bombyx mori). Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Overall, our study provides new insights into the functional and evolutionary features of silkworm carboxypeptidases. ..
- Xing D, Yang Q, Jiang L, Li Q, Xiao Y, Ye M, et al. RNA-Seq Analyses for Two Silkworm Strains Reveals Insight into Their Susceptibility and Resistance to Beauveria bassiana Infection. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..bassiana infection and provided a roadmap for silkworm molecular breeding to enhance its resistance to B. bassiana. ..
- Yang C, Lin Y, Liu H, Shen G, Luo J, Zhang H, et al. The Broad Complex isoform 2 (BrC-Z2) transcriptional factor plays a critical role in vitellogenin transcription in the silkworm Bombyx mori. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1840:2674-84 pubmed publisher..The results of this study revealed that BmBrC-Z2 as a key factor to mediate ecdysone regulates reproduction in the silkworm. ..
- Wang X, Li Y, Xie K, Yi Q, Chen Q, Wang X, et al. Ca2+ and endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase regulate the formation of silk fibers with favorable mechanical properties. J Insect Physiol. 2015;73:53-9 pubmed publisher..This ionic environment with a proper Ca(2+) concentration is crucial for the formation of silk fibers with favorable mechanical performances. ..
- Meng M, Cheng D, Peng J, Qian W, Li J, Dai D, et al. The homeodomain transcription factors antennapedia and POU-M2 regulate the transcription of the steroidogenic enzyme gene Phantom in the silkworm. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:24438-52 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results suggest that Antp and POU-M2 coordinate the transcription of the silkworm Phm gene directly, indicating new roles for homeodomain proteins in regulating insect ecdysteroidogenesis. ..
- Zhou C, Zha X, Shi P, Zhao P, Wang H, Zheng R, et al. Nuclear hormone receptor BmFTZ-F1 is involved in regulating the fibroin heavy chain gene in the silkworm, Bombyx mori. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1860:2529-2536 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the mechanism of regulation of the silk protein gene. ..
- Jiang L, Huang C, Wang B, Guo H, Sun Q, Xia F, et al. Enhanced heat tolerance in transgenic silkworm via overexpression of Pyrococcus furiosus superoxide reductase. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2018;92:40-44 pubmed publisher..The heat tolerance of silkworm was thus enhanced by expressing an archaeal SOR; this can be useful for sericulture in regions where the average temperature exceeds the optimal environmental temperature for B. mori of 25 °C. ..
- Song L, Wang F, Dong Z, Hua X, Xia Q. Label-free quantitative phosphoproteomic profiling of cellular response induced by an insect cytokine paralytic peptide. J Proteomics. 2017;154:49-58 pubmed publisher..We think our findings may help us gain a systematic understanding of the cytokine-dependent response regulation in insects. ..
- Cheng T, Wu J, Wu Y, Chilukuri R, Huang L, Yamamoto K, et al. Genomic adaptation to polyphagy and insecticides in a major East Asian noctuid pest. Nat Ecol Evol. 2017;1:1747-1756 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study will enable the development of new pest management strategies for the control of major agricultural pests such as S. litura. ..
- Liu C, Hu W, Cheng T, Peng Z, Mita K, Xia Q. Osiris9a is a major component of silk fiber in lepidopteran insects. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;89:107-115 pubmed publisher..Our results should help in understanding the role of Osi9a in silk fibers. ..
- Jiang L, Peng Z, Guo H, Sun J, Sun Q, Xia F, et al. Enhancement of antiviral capacity of transgenic silkworms against cytoplasmic polyhedrosis virus via knockdown of multiple viral genes. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;77:138-140 pubmed publisher..The economic traits of CNS and SNS were not affected. These results suggest that the knockdown of multiple BmCPV genes significantly enhances the antiviral capacity of the silkworm. ..
- Zhao X, Liu C, Jiang L, Li Q, Zhou M, Cheng T, et al. A juvenile hormone transcription factor Bmdimm-fibroin H chain pathway is involved in the synthesis of silk protein in silkworm, Bombyx mori. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:972-86 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the JH regulatory pathway, the transcription factor Bmdimm, and the targeted fib-H gene contribute to the synthesis of fibroin H-chain protein in B. mori. ..
- Zha X, Zhao M, Zhou C, Guo H, Zhao P, Xiang Z, et al. Analysis of interaction between Bmhrp28 and BmPSI in sex-specific splicing of Bombyx mori Bmdsx gene. Genet Mol Res. 2014;13:5452-62 pubmed publisher..Our study provides some clues to better understand the mechanism of sex determination in the silkworm. ..
- Ma S, Xia X, Li Y, Sun L, Liu Y, Liu Y, et al. Increasing the yield of middle silk gland expression system through transgenic knock-down of endogenous sericin-1. Mol Genet Genomics. 2017;292:823-831 pubmed publisher..This study describes not only a novel method to enhance recombinant protein expression in MSG bioreactor, but also a strategy to optimize other bioreactor systems. ..
- Jiang L, Xia Q. The progress and future of enhancing antiviral capacity by transgenic technology in the silkworm Bombyx mori. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2014;48:1-7 pubmed publisher..The silkworm model could provide a reference for disease control in other organisms. ..
- Ma S, Liu Y, Liu Y, Chang J, Zhang T, Wang X, et al. An integrated CRISPR Bombyx mori genome editing system with improved efficiency and expanded target sites. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;83:13-20 pubmed publisher..mori genome, and one site could be found in every 6.5 bp. The efficiency and resolution of this CRISPR platform will probably accelerate both fundamental researches and applicable studies in B. mori, and perhaps other insects. ..
- Pan G, Xu J, Li T, Xia Q, Liu S, Zhang G, et al. Comparative genomics of parasitic silkworm microsporidia reveal an association between genome expansion and host adaptation. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:186 pubmed publisher..bombycis should be treated as primary targets for treatment designs against pébrine. The genome data and annotation information of N. bombycis and N.antheraeae were submitted to GenBank (Accession numbers ACJZ01000001 -ACJZ01003558). ..
- Liu S, Li D, Li Q, Zhao P, Xiang Z, Xia Q. MicroRNAs of Bombyx mori identified by Solexa sequencing. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:148 pubmed publisher..The differential expression of miRNAs in the anterior-middle and posterior silk glands supports their involvement as new levels in the regulation of the silkworm silk gland. ..
- Liu S, Gao S, Zhang D, Yin J, Xiang Z, Xia Q. MicroRNAs show diverse and dynamic expression patterns in multiple tissues of Bombyx mori. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:85 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, we propose that corresponding ubiquitous or tissue-specific expression of miRNAs supports their critical roles in tissue specification. These results should facilitate future functional analyses. ..
- Shimomura M, Minami H, Suetsugu Y, Ohyanagi H, Satoh C, Antonio B, et al. KAIKObase: an integrated silkworm genome database and data mining tool. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:486 pubmed publisher..dna.affrc.go.jp/KAIKObase/. ..
- Li D, Guo Y, Shao H, Tellier L, Wang J, Xiang Z, et al. Genetic diversity, molecular phylogeny and selection evidence of the silkworm mitochondria implicated by complete resequencing of 41 genomes. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:81 pubmed publisher..With these, we obtain a much clearer picture of the evolution history of the silkworm. The data and analyses presented here aid our understanding of the silkworm in general, and provide a crucial insight into silkworm phylogeny...