Affiliation: Southern Medical University
- Cloning and sequence analysis of Bacillus thuringiensis gene fragments isolated by restriction digest PCRXia Li
Institute of Molecular Biochemistry, First Military Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 23:323-5. 2003..To clone and analyze Bacillus thuringiensis gene fragments isolated by restriction digest PCR (RD-PCR)...
- Cats lack a sweet taste receptorXia Li
Monell Chemical Senses Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Nutr 136:1932S-1934S. 2006
- Oligonucleotide microarray with RD-PCR labeling technique for detection and typing of human papillomavirusWei Min
Institute of Molecular Biology, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, 510515, P R China
Curr Microbiol 52:204-9. 2006..The application of RD-PCR in the sample labeling can increase significantly the sensitivity of the assay and will be especially useful for the discriminate diagnosis of multiple pathogens...
- An oligonucleotide microarray for the detection of vaccinia virusM Wenli
Institute of Molecular Biology, First Uniform Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, PR China
Br J Biomed Sci 61:142-5. 2004..The results showed that the oligonucleotide microarray can detect vaccinia virus with high specificity and sensitivity...
- A high-resolution map of segmental DNA copy number variation in the mouse genomeTimothy A Graubert
Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology, Stem Cell Biology Section, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS Genet 3:e3. 2007..Annotation of CNVs in the mouse genome combined with sequence-based analysis provides an important resource that will help define the genetic basis of complex traits...
- Effects of replacing the unreliable cDNA microarray measurements on the disease classification based on gene expression profiles and functional modulesDong Wang
Department of Bioinformatics and Bio pharmaceutical Key Laboratory of Heilongjiang Province and State, Harbin Medical University Harbin 150086, China
Bioinformatics 22:2883-9. 2006..The focus of the paper is to study the effects of different MV treatments for cDNA microarray data on disease classification analysis...
- Is glycine "sweet" to mice? Mouse strain differences in perception of glycine tasteSatoshi Manita
Laboratory of Cellular Neurobiology, School of Life Sciences, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
Chem Senses 31:785-93. 2006....
- Expression and characterization of a thermostable sarcosine oxidase (SOX) from Bacillus sp. in Escherichia coliKangping Guo
College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, No 268, Kaixuan Road, Hangzhou 310029, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 73:559-66. 2006..The study also showed that an increased number of alanine residues in the rSOX might have some contribution in the enzymatic thermostability...
- Novel mutations found in mitochondrial diabetes in Chinese Han populationSong mei Liu
Genetic Diagnosis Center, Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, PR China
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 76:425-35. 2007..418). Our study suggested that T3394C and A12026G might be associated with T2DM in Chinese Han population, and T2DM with mtDNA variant should be considered mitochondrial diabetes...
- [Development of a DNA chip screening mitochondrial DNA mutations in patients with diabetes mellitus]Song mei Liu
Genetic Diagnosis Center, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan 430071, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 86:2853-7. 2006..To establish a rapid and precise high-throughput mitochondrial (mt) DNA chip and to investigate the relationship between mtDNA tRNA Leu (UUR) and ND1 gene mutations and diabetes mellitus...
- Apparently low reproducibility of true differential expression discoveries in microarray studiesMin Zhang
School of Bioinformatics Science and Technology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, China
Bioinformatics 24:2057-63. 2008..Even in technical replicate tests using identical samples, DEG detection still shows very low reproducibility. It is often believed that current small microarray studies will largely introduce false discoveries...
- Genetic variation of Bmy1 alleles in barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) investigated by CAPS analysisWen Sheng Zhang
The State Key Laboratory of Plant Cell and Chromosome Engineering, Center for Agricultural Resources Research, Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, People s Republic of China
Theor Appl Genet 114:1039-50. 2007..Remarkably, very low Bmy1 genetic variation was detected in Tibetan barleys, which puts the validity of the hypothesis that Tibet is one of the original centers of cultivated barley into question...
- Association between embB codon 306 mutations and drug resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosisXin Shen
Key Laboratory of Medical Molecular Virology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 20032, China
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2618-20. 2007..78; P < 0.001). The embB306 locus is a candidate marker for rapid detection of MDR and extremely drug resistant tuberculosis...
- Unravelling the hidden heterogeneities of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma based on coupled two-way clusteringWei Zhang
The First Clinical College, Department of Bioinformatics, and the Bio pharmaceutical Key Laboratory of Heilongjiang Province and State, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, China
BMC Genomics 8:332. 2007....
- Allelic variation of the Tas1r3 taste receptor gene selectively affects taste responses to sweeteners: evidence from 129.B6-Tas1r3 congenic miceMasashi Inoue
Laboratory of Cellular Neurobiology, School of Life Sciences, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan
Physiol Genomics 32:82-94. 2007....
- Data mining of RNA expression and DNA genotype data: presentation group 5 contributions to Genetic Analysis Workshop 15Catherine T Falk
Genet Epidemiol 31:S43-50. 2007..The collection of papers and methods offer a starting point for further exploration of complex interactions in human genetic data now readily available...
- Isolation and characterization of Methanoculleus receptaculi sp. nov. from Shengli oil field, ChinaLei Cheng
Biogas Institute of Ministry of Agriculture, Chengdu, China
FEMS Microbiol Lett 285:65-71. 2008..nov. The type strain is ZC-2T (CGMCC 1.5087T=DSM 18860T)...
- Rapid prenatal diagnosis of trisomy 21 by fluorescent quantitative multiplex polymerase chain reactionFang Zheng
Gene Diagnosis Center, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan 430071, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 119:514-7. 2006
- [Preliminary analysis on the gene expression profiles of different types of gliomas with cDNA array]Rong cai Jiang
Department of Neurosurgery, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin 300052, P R China
Ai Zheng 21:1085-9. 2002..The cDNA was used in order to detect the differences in gene expression profiles of different types of gliomas...
- Loci on chromosomes 2, 4, 9, and 16 for body weight, body length, and adiposity identified in a genome scan of an F2 intercross between the 129P3/J and C57BL/6ByJ mouse strainsDanielle R Reed
Monell Chemical Senses Center, 3500 Market Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mamm Genome 14:302-13. 2003..These results reinforce the concept that obesity is a complex trait. Genetic loci and their interactions, in conjunction with sex, age, and diet, determine body size and adiposity in mice...
- Apolipoprotein E genotype in patients with Alzheimer's diseaseBenyan Luo
Department of Neurology, First Affiliated Hospital, Medical College of Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 116:1220-2. 2003..To explore the frequency and significance of ApoE gene polymorphisms in patients with sporadic Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Synthesis of beta-substituted cationic porphyrins and their interactions with DNABo Chen
College of Chemistry and Molecular Sciences, Wuhan University, Hubei Wuhan 430072, P R China
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 13:3731-3. 2003..We found that substituents at the beta-position of porphyrins (7 and 8) have apparently affected their interactions with DNA compared with non-beta-substituted porphyrins (10)...
- Study of apolipoprotein E genetic polymorphism in patients with atherosclerotic cerebral infarctionBen Yan Luo
Department of Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Medical College, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci 4:749-52. 2003..To explore the frequency and significance of ApoE gene polymorphisms in Chinese patients with atherosclerotic cerebral infarction (ACI)...
- Allelic variation of the Tas1r3 taste receptor gene selectively affects behavioral and neural taste responses to sweeteners in the F2 hybrids between C57BL/6ByJ and 129P3/J miceMasashi Inoue
Laboratory of Cellular Neurobiology, School of Life Science, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
J Neurosci 24:2296-303. 2004..This study describes the range of ligand sensitivity of the T1R3 receptor using an in vivo approach and, to our knowledge, is the first genetic mapping study of activity in gustatory nerves...
- [Preventive effects of pioglitazone on diabetes and relevant mechanisms, experimental study on non-obese diabetic mice]Jian hao Pei
Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, The Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410011, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 84:411-5. 2004..To explore the effects of pioglitazone on insulitis and diabetes and relevant mechanism...
- Gene mining: a novel and powerful ensemble decision approach to hunting for disease genes using microarray expression profilingXia Li
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Biomathematics and Bioinformatics, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, China
Nucleic Acids Res 32:2685-94. 2004..Establishment of this analysis strategy has offered the promise of advancing microarray technology as a means of deciphering the involved genetic complexities of complex diseases...
- A robust hybrid between genetic algorithm and support vector machine for extracting an optimal feature gene subsetLi Li
Department of Bioinformatics, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, People s Republic of China
Genomics 85:16-23. 2005....
- An ensemble method for gene discovery based on DNA microarray dataXia Li
Department of Computer Science, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin 150001, China
Sci China C Life Sci 47:396-405. 2004..We also give a numerical application for (i) and (ii) using a public microarrary data set and set aside a separate paper to address (iii)...
- [Analysis of the mRNA expression similarity of genes in the same gene expression regulatory pathway]Chuan Xing Li
Department of Bioinformatics, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, China
Yi Chuan 26:929-33. 2004....
- Dehydration anorexia is attenuated in oxytocin-deficient miceLinda Rinaman
University of Pittsburgh, Department of Neuroscience, 446 Crawford Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 288:R1791-9. 2005..These findings support the view that OT-containing projections from the hypothalamus to the hindbrain are necessary for the full expression of compensatory behavioral and physiological responses to dehydration...
- Towards precise classification of cancers based on robust gene functional expression profilesZheng Guo
Department of Computer Science, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin 150001, China
BMC Bioinformatics 6:58. 2005..Therefore, there is an open space for development of the timely and relevant computational algorithms that use robust functional expression profiles towards precise classification of complex human diseases at the modular level...
- Cloning, expression, isotope labeling, and purification of human antimicrobial peptide LL-37 in Escherichia coli for NMR studiesYifeng Li
The Structure Fun Laboratory, Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, 68198 6805, USA
Protein Expr Purif 47:498-505. 2006..The successful application to the expression of the 66-residue cytoplasmic tail of human MUC1 indicates that the system can be applied to other peptides as well...
- Discovery of Time-Delayed Gene Regulatory Networks based on temporal gene expression profilingXia Li
Department of Bioinformatics, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, PR China
BMC Bioinformatics 7:26. 2006..The vast amount of large-scale and genome-wide time-resolved data is becoming increasing available, which provides the golden opportunity to unravel the challenging reverse-engineering problem of time-delayed gene regulatory networks...
- Constructing disease-specific gene networks using pair-wise relevance metric: application to colon cancer identifies interleukin 8, desmin and enolase 1 as the central elementsWei Jiang
College of Bioinformatics Science and Technology and Bio pharmaceutical Key Laboratory of Heilongjiang Province, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150081, PR China
BMC Syst Biol 2:72. 2008..The aim of this study was thus to develop such a novel networking approach based on the relevance concept, which is ideal to reveal integrative effects of multiple genes in the underlying genetic circuit for complex diseases...