Affiliation: South China University of Technology
- Feng Y, Cai Y, Sun Waterhouse D, Cui C, Su G, Lin L, et al. Approaches of aroma extraction dilution analysis (AEDA) for headspace solid phase microextraction and gas chromatography-olfactometry (HS-SPME-GC-O): Altering sample amount, diluting the sample or adjusting split ratio?. Food Chem. 2015;187:44-52 pubmed publisher
- Xu J, Zheng L, Lin L, Sun B, Su G, Zhao M. Stop-flow reversed phase liquid chromatography × size-exclusion chromatography for separation of peptides. Anal Chim Acta. 2018;1018:119-126 pubmed publisher..Compared with heart-cutting analysis with higher 1st D resolution for selective fractions, comprehensive analysis could provide more complete information about the molecular weight distribution of the eluting solutes along RPLC. ..
- Feng Y, Cai Y, Fu X, Zheng L, Xiao Z, Zhao M. Comparison of aroma-active compounds in broiler broth and native chicken broth by aroma extract dilution analysis (AEDA), odor activity value (OAV) and omission experiment. Food Chem. 2018;265:274-280 pubmed publisher..Omission tests corroborated the importance of dienals to the overall aroma of chicken broth; nevertheless, omitting either (E,E)-2,4-decadienal or (E,E)-2,4-nonadienal individually did not result in significant aroma change. ..
- Lin L, Dong Y, Zhao H, Wen L, Yang B, Zhao M. Comparative evaluation of rosmarinic acid, methyl rosmarinate and pedalitin isolated from Rabdosia serra (MAXIM.) HARA as inhibitors of tyrosinase and Î±-glucosidase. Food Chem. 2011;129:884-9 pubmed publisher..In the assay of Î±-glucosidase inhibition, rosmarinic acid was found to be a competitive inhibitor, whereas both methyl rosmarinate and pedalitin were considered as mixed-type inhibitors. ..
- Feng Y, Su G, Zhao H, Cai Y, Cui C, Sun Waterhouse D, et al. Characterisation of aroma profiles of commercial soy sauce by odour activity value and omission test. Food Chem. 2015;167:220-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, omission tests verified the important contribution of the products resulting from amino acid catabolism to the characteristic aroma of soy sauce. ..
- Lei H, Xu H, Feng L, Yu Z, Zhao H, Zhao M. Fermentation performance of lager yeast in high gravity beer fermentations with different sugar supplementations. J Biosci Bioeng. 2016;122:583-588 pubmed publisher..This study suggested that the choice of optimal fermentable sugars maintaining better fermentation performance of lager yeast should be based on not only strain specificity, but also wort gravity. ..
- Zheng L, Dong H, Su G, Zhao Q, Zhao M. Radical scavenging activities of Tyr-, Trp-, Cys- and Met-Gly and their protective effects against AAPH-induced oxidative damage in human erythrocytes. Food Chem. 2016;197:807-13 pubmed publisher..It suggested that these dipeptides might protect erythrocytes against AAPH-induced oxidative damage, mainly by acting as the direct radical scavengers. ..
- Lei F, Zhao Q, Sun Waterhouse D, Zhao M. Characterization of a salt-tolerant aminopeptidase from marine Bacillus licheniformis SWJS33 that improves hydrolysis and debittering efficiency for soy protein isolate. Food Chem. 2017;214:347-353 pubmed publisher..4L or Flavourzyme 500MG from 8.5%, 9.5% or 14.4-18.8%, 18.7% or 20.1%, respectively, while decreasing the bitter intensity score of the SPI hydrolysates catalyzed by Alcalase 2.4L from 3.6 to 0.4. ..
- Luo W, Wen L, Zhao M, Yang B, Ren J, Shen G, et al. Structural identification of isomallotusinin and other phenolics in Phyllanthus emblica L. fruit hull. Food Chem. 2012;132:1527-1533 pubmed publisher..All hydrolysable tannins showed strong DPPH and ABTS+ radical scavenging activities. Isomallotusinin and chebulagic acid exhibited the highest antioxidant activity compared to other purified compounds tested...
- Li H, Lin L, Feng Y, Zhao M, Li X, Zhu Q, et al. Enrichment of antioxidants from soy sauce using macroporous resin and identification of 4-ethylguaiacol, catechol, daidzein, and 4-ethylphenol as key small molecule antioxidants in soy sauce. Food Chem. 2018;240:885-892 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the purified active fraction with high contents of antioxidants from soy sauce could be applied as bioactive ingredient in food industry. ..
- Zheng L, Lin L, Su G, Zhao Q, Zhao M. Pitfalls of using 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) assay to assess the radical scavenging activity of peptides: Its susceptibility to interference and low reactivity towards peptides. Food Res Int. 2015;76:359-365 pubmed publisher..14-0.28?mol TE (Trolox equivalent)/?mol, while Tyr/Trp-containing dipeptides with high reactivity towards ABTS•+ and peroxyl radicals were inert to DPPH• with TE values less than 0.02. ..