Affiliation: Shanxi University
- Zhu K, Merzendorfer H, Zhang W, Zhang J, Muthukrishnan S. Biosynthesis, Turnover, and Functions of Chitin in Insects. Annu Rev Entomol. 2016;61:177-96 pubmed publisher..A thorough understanding of the diverse processes associated with the assembly and turnover of these chitinous matrices offers many strategies to achieve selective pest control. ..
- Dong W, Zhang X, Zhang X, Wu H, Zhang M, Ma E, et al. Susceptibility and potential biochemical mechanism of Oedaleus asiaticus to beta-cypermethrin and deltamethrin in the Inner Mongolia, China. Pestic Biochem Physiol. 2016;132:47-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that differences in susceptibility to pyrethroids in O. asiaticus might be attributed to the elevated activities and mRNA expression levels of CarE and GST genes. ..
- Zhang X, Li Y, Wang J, Zhang T, Li T, Dong W, et al. Identification and characteristic analysis of the catalase gene from Locusta migratoria. Pestic Biochem Physiol. 2016;132:125-31 pubmed publisher..Our results would provide valuable information for further study on the ROS regulation mechanism in insect. ..
- Yu R, Liu W, Li D, Zhao X, Ding G, Zhang M, et al. Helicoidal Organization of Chitin in the Cuticle of the Migratory Locust Requires the Function of the Chitin Deacetylase2 Enzyme (LmCDA2). J Biol Chem. 2016;291:24352-24363 pubmed..Based on our data, we hypothesize that LmCDA2-mediated chitin deacetylation at the beginning of chitin production is a decisive reaction that triggers helicoidal arrangement of subsequently assembled chitin-protein microfibrils. ..
- Liu S, Zhou S, Tian L, Guo E, Luan Y, Zhang J, et al. Genome-wide identification and characterization of ATP-binding cassette transporters in the silkworm, Bombyx mori. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:491 pubmed publisher..Moreover, tissue- and stage-specific expression data of the silkworm ABCG genes lay a foundation for future analysis of their physiological function and hormonal regulation. ..
- Zhang X, Wang J, Liu J, Li Y, Liu X, Wu H, et al. Knockdown of NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductase increases the susceptibility to carbaryl in the migratory locust, Locusta migratoria. Chemosphere. 2017;188:517-524 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LmCPR contributes to the susceptibility of L. migratoria to carbaryl and could be considered as a novel target for pest control. ..
- Zhao X, Qin Z, Liu W, Liu X, Moussian B, Ma E, et al. Nuclear receptor HR3 controls locust molt by regulating chitin synthesis and degradation genes of Locusta migratoria. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2018;92:1-11 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that LmHR3 is involved in the control of chitin synthesis and degradation during L. migratoria molting. ..
- Li K, Zhang X, Zuo Y, Liu W, Zhang J, Moussian B. Timed Knickkopf function is essential for wing cuticle formation in Drosophila melanogaster. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;89:1-10 pubmed publisher..In summary, despite the extended supply of Knk during metamorphosis, controlled amounts of Knk are important for correct wing cuticle differentiation and function in a concise period of time. ..
- Yu Z, Wang Y, Zhao X, Liu X, Ma E, Moussian B, et al. The ABC transporter ABCH-9C is needed for cuticle barrier construction in Locusta migratoria. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;87:90-99 pubmed publisher..Susceptibility of this ABC transporter to RNAi-mediated knockdown designates it as an excellent target for RNAi-based insect pest control. ..
- Song H, Zhang J, Li D, Cooper A, Silver K, Li T, et al. A double-stranded RNA degrading enzyme reduces the efficiency of oral RNA interference in migratory locust. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;86:68-80 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that rapid degradation of dsRNA by dsRNase2 in the midgut is an important factor causing low RNAi efficiency when dsRNA is orally delivered in the locust. ..
- Wu H, Zhang Y, Shi X, Zhang J, Ma E. Overexpression of Mn-superoxide dismutase in Oxya chinensis mediates increased malathion tolerance. Chemosphere. 2017;181:352-359 pubmed publisher..4 and 0.8 ?g ?L-1 malathion treatments, respectively. These findings indicated that MnSOD exerted an important role in defense oxidative stress caused by malathion. ..
- Han P, Han J, Fan J, Zhang M, Ma E, Li S, et al. 20-Hydroxyecdysone activates PGRP-SA mediated immune response in Locusta migratoria. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;72:128-139 pubmed publisher..20E injection could not significantly induce the expression of antimicrobial peptides after RNAi of PGRP-SA. These results demonstrated that 20E enhanced the immune response by activating PGRP-SA in L.Â migratoria. ..
- Zhang J, Liu X, Zhang J, Li D, Sun Y, Guo Y, et al. Silencing of two alternative splicing-derived mRNA variants of chitin synthase 1 gene by RNAi is lethal to the oriental migratory locust, Locusta migratoria manilensis (Meyen). Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;40:824-33 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that both variants of chitin synthase 1 are essential for insect growth and development...