Affiliation: Shanxi University
- Guo S, Liang X, Guo M, Zhang X, Li Z. Migration inhibition of water stress proteins from Nostoc commune Vauch. via activation of autophagy in DLD-1 cells. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018;119:669-676 pubmed publisher..Taken together, WSP1 could suppress migration of DLD-1 cells by autophagy inhibited EMT. The results suggested that WSP1 possessed the potential as a selective therapeutic agent against metastatic colon cancer. ..
- Li Z, Zhao C, Li Z, Zhao Y, Shan S, Shi T, et al. Reconstructed mung bean trypsin inhibitor targeting cell surface GRP78 induces apoptosis and inhibits tumor growth in colorectal cancer. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2014;47:68-75 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that this fusion protein may be developed as a therapeutic agent for treatment of colon cancer, and holds important implications for developing other anti-cancer peptide drugs. ..
- Jin X, Su R, Li R, Song L, Chen M, Cheng L, et al. Amelioration of particulate matter-induced oxidative damage by vitamin c and quercetin in human bronchial epithelial cells. Chemosphere. 2016;144:459-66 pubmed publisher..5, which provide the theoretical basis about intervention and control of food nutrients on PM2.5-induced human adverse health. ..
- Shan S, Li Z, Newton I, Zhao C, Li Z, Guo M. A novel protein extracted from foxtail millet bran displays anti-carcinogenic effects in human colon cancer cells. Toxicol Lett. 2014;227:129-38 pubmed publisher..Notably, FMBP has much lower toxicity in normal colon epithelial cells. Taken together, FMBP has targeted anti-colon cancer effects and may serve as a therapeutic agent against colon cancer. ..
- Li Z, Wang Y, Newton I, Zhang L, Ji P, Li Z. GRP78 is implicated in the modulation of tumor aerobic glycolysis by promoting autophagic degradation of IKKÎ². Cell Signal. 2015;27:1237-45 pubmed publisher..Our study establishes GRP78 and PKM2 as the crucial molecular links between cancer cell glucose metabolism and tumor microenvironment alterations. ..
- Guo M, Ding G, Guo S, Li Z, Zhao L, Li K, et al. Isolation and antitumor efficacy evaluation of a polysaccharide from Nostoc commune Vauch. Food Funct. 2015;6:3035-44 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings demonstrate that NVPS could be used as a novel promising source of natural antitumor agents. ..
- Li Z, Li W, Song L, Zhu W. Cilia, adenomatous polyposis coli and associated diseases. Oncogene. 2012;31:1475-83 pubmed publisher..Recent studies indicate that the abnormal mutation of APC may lead to some diseases caused by abnormal growth of cilia. Herein, the development of studies on cilia, APC and associated diseases are summarized in brief. ..
- Yang P, Li Z, Wang Y, Zhang L, Wu H, Li Z. Secreted pyruvate kinase M2 facilitates cell migration via PI3K/Akt and Wnt/β-catenin pathway in colon cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;459:327-332 pubmed publisher..The results reveal critical roles of secreted PKM2 in the progression of colon cancer, and indicate that PKM2 may be a therapeutic target for colon cancer. ..
- Fu R, Yang P, Wu H, Li Z, Li Z. GRP78 secreted by colon cancer cells facilitates cell proliferation via PI3K/Akt signaling. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:7245-9 pubmed..Our study revealed a new mode of action of autocrine GRP78 in cancer progression: secreted GRP78 binds to cell surface GRP78 as its receptor and activates intracellular proliferation signaling. ..
- Zhang L, Li Z, Fan Y, Li H, Li Z, Li Y. Overexpressed GRP78 affects EMT and cell-matrix adhesion via autocrine TGF-Î²/Smad2/3 signaling. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2015;64:202-11 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study provides a novel molecular mechanism involving in the effects of GRP78 on colon cancer metastasis. ..
- Shi T, Zhang L, Li Z, Newton I, Zhang Q. Expression, purification and renaturation of truncated human integrin Î²1 from inclusion bodies of Escherichia coli. Protein Expr Purif. 2015;107:13-9 pubmed publisher..Its secondary structure was verified as native by circular dichroism spectra and the bioactivity of the recombinant protein was displayed through the conformation switch under Mn(2+) stimulation. ..
- Song L, Jia Y, Zhu W, Newton I, Li Z, Li W. N-terminal truncation mutations of adenomatous polyposis coli are associated with primary cilia defects. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2014;55:79-86 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a mechanism for linking N-terminal APC fragments and cilia loss, thus accelerating our understanding of human cilia-related diseases such as Gardner's syndrome and their cause due to APC mutations. ..
- Wu H, Li Z, Yang P, Zhang L, Fan Y, Li Z. PKM2 depletion induces the compensation of glutaminolysis through ?-catenin/c-Myc pathway in tumor cells. Cell Signal. 2014;26:2397-405 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we found that overexpression of PKM2 negatively regulated ?-catenin through miR-200a. These insights supply evidence that glutaminolysis plays a compensatory role for cell survival upon glucose metabolism impaired. ..
- Su R, Jin X, Zhang W, Li Z, Liu X, Ren J. Particulate matter exposure induces the autophagy of macrophages via oxidative stress-mediated PI3K/AKT/mTOR pathway. Chemosphere. 2017;167:444-453 pubmed publisher..5 and provide the theoretical foundation for environment toxicology of PM2.5. ..
- Yang P, Li Z, Li H. Potential Roles of Protease Inhibitors in Cancer Progression. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16:8047-52 pubmed..In this review, we focus on the role of a few proteases and their inhibitors in tumors as a basis for cancer prognostication and therapy. ..
- Jin X, Chen M, Li R, An Q, Song L, Zhao Y, et al. Progression and inflammation of human myeloid leukemia induced by ambient PM2.5 exposure. Arch Toxicol. 2016;90:1929-38 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that PM2.5 promotes leukemia progression, identifies a potential intervention target, and provides further understanding of the detrimental effect of PM2.5 exposure on human health. ..
- Wang C, Yang J, Zhu L, Yan L, Lu D, Zhang Q, et al. Never deem lightly the "less harmful" low-molecular-weight PAH, NPAH, and OPAH - Disturbance of the immune response at real environmental levels. Chemosphere. 2017;168:568-577 pubmed publisher..During infection, AhR ligands caused immunosuppression and this potency for TPAHs may be higher in AhR activator than that in AhR inactivator. ..
- Wang Y, Wu H, Li Z, Yang P, Li Z. A positive feedback loop between GRP78 and VPS34 is critical for GRP78-mediated autophagy in cancer cells. Exp Cell Res. 2017;351:24-35 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the results revealed a positive feedback loop between GRP78 and VPS34 in tumor cells that might be important for autophagy during tumor development. ..
- Song L, Guo L, Li Z. Molecular mechanisms of 3,3'4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;322:75-88 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicated that PCB126 promotes EMT process of HCC cells via PKM2/STAT3/Snail1 signaling which is mediated by ER and AhR. ..
- Zhang L, Li Z, Ding G, La X, Yang P, Li Z. GRP78 plays an integral role in tumor cell inflammation-related migration induced by M2 macrophages. Cell Signal. 2017;37:136-148 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study not only uncovered a new cause of GRP78 overexpression in tumor cell, but also, explained the antinomy of TAMs immunosuppressive properties and inflammation-related tumor metastasis. ..
- Liu X, Jin X, Su R, Li Z. The reproductive toxicology of male SD rats after PM2.5 exposure mediated by the stimulation of endoplasmic reticulum stress. Chemosphere. 2017;189:547-555 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PM2.5 exposure induced reproductive toxicity in male SD rats by the stimulation of ERS. ..
- Zhang L, Li Z, Shi T, La X, Li H, Li Z. Design, purification and assessment of GRP78 binding peptide-linked Subunit A of Subtilase cytotoxic for targeting cancer cells. BMC Biotechnol. 2016;16:65 pubmed publisher..A schematic representation of the construction and function of GBP-SubA. ..
- Yang P, Li Z, Fu R, Wu H, Li Z. Pyruvate kinase M2 facilitates colon cancer cell migration via the modulation of STAT3 signalling. Cell Signal. 2014;26:1853-62 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study suggests that PKM2 overexpression promotes CRC cell migration and cell adhesion by regulating STAT3-associated signalling and that PKM2 may serve as a therapeutic target for CRC metastasis. ..