Genomes and Genes
En Min Li
Affiliation: Shantou University Medical College
- Fang W, Chen B, Xu X, Liao L, Wu Z, Wu J, et al. Altered expression and localization of desmoglein 3 in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Acta Histochem. 2014;116:803-9 pubmed publisher..044). These results suggest that DSG3 is involved in the development of ESCC and imply that DSG3 overexpression is likely to be an essential contributor to the aggressive features of esophageal cancer. ..
- Du Z, Wu B, Xie Y, Zhang Y, Liao L, Zhou F, et al. Lipocalin 2 promotes the migration and invasion of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cells through a novel positive feedback loop. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1853:2240-50 pubmed publisher..These results imply that LCN2 promotes the migration and invasion of ESCC cells through a novel positive feedback loop. ..
- Li L, Zhang K, Jiang H, Xie Y, Liao L, Chen B, et al. Quantitative proteomics reveals the downregulation of GRB2 as a prominent node of F806-targeted cell proliferation network. J Proteomics. 2015;117:145-55 pubmed publisher..Notably, it provided information that growth factor receptor-bound protein 2 (GRB2) would be a prominent node in the F806-targeted cell proliferation network. ..
- Sun H, Cai X, Zhou H, Li X, Du Z, Zou H, et al. The protein-protein interaction network and clinical significance of heat-shock proteins in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Amino Acids. 2018;50:685-697 pubmed publisher..These multiple bioinformatics analyses have provided a comprehensive view of the roles of heat-shock proteins in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. ..
- Huang G, Xue Y, Wu Z, Xu X, Wu J, Cao H, et al. A three-lncRNA signature predicts overall survival and disease-free survival in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2018;18:147 pubmed publisher..In vitro assays further demonstrated that the three lncRNAs promoted the migration and proliferation of ESCC cells. The three-lncRNA signature is a novel and potential predictor of OS and DFS for patients with ESCC. ..
- Chen W, Hong X, Hong C, Liu M, Li L, Huang L, et al. Tumor-associated autoantibodies against Fascin as a novel diagnostic biomarker for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol. 2017;41:327-332 pubmed publisher..05), but not with gender, tumor size, tumor site, histological grade, T stage, N stage or TNM stage (P>0.05). Our results suggest that Fascin autoantibody may be a potential biomarker for the early detection of ESCC. ..
- Xu Y, Peng Y, Ran L, Zhai T, Guo H, Qiu S, et al. Circulating levels of autoantibodies against L1-cell adhesion molecule as a potential diagnostic biomarker in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Clin Transl Oncol. 2017;19:898-906 pubmed publisher..05). Our results suggest that circulating autoantibodies against L1CAM is a potential biomarker for the early detection of ESCC. ..
- He J, Wu Z, Wang S, Ji X, Yang C, Xu X, et al. A decision tree-based combination of ezrin-interacting proteins to estimate the prognostic risk of patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2017;66:115-125 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, a signature of ezrin-interacting proteins accurately predicts ESCC patient survival or tumor recurrence. ..
- Zhou Z, Cao W, Xie J, Lin J, Shen Z, Zhang Q, et al. Expression and prognostic significance of THBS1, Cyr61 and CTGF in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:291 pubmed publisher..Cyr61, CTGF and THBS1 were all over-expressed in ESCC and might be new molecular markers to predict the prognosis of ESCC patients. ..
- Li L, Xie Y, Xie Y, Liao L, Xu X, Zhang Q, et al. Ezrin Ser66 phosphorylation regulates invasion and metastasis of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cells by mediating filopodia formation. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2017;88:162-171 pubmed publisher..Ezrin S66 phosphorylation enhances filopodia formation, contributing to the regulation of invasion and metastasis of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cells. ..
- Huang G, Zhang Y, Liao L, Li E, Xu L. Natural antisense transcript TPM1-AS regulates the alternative splicing of tropomyosin I through an interaction with RNA-binding motif protein 4. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2017;90:59-67 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results suggest that a natural antisense TPM1-AS regulates the alternative splicing of TPM1 through an interaction with RBM4 and involves in TPM1-mediated filopodium formation and migration of cancer cells. ..
- Tan H, Wu Z, Wu J, Long L, Jiao J, Peng Y, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphism rs13042395 in the SLC52A3 gene as a biomarker for regional lymph node metastasis and relapse-free survival of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma patients. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:560 pubmed publisher..The rs13042395 polymorphism in SLC52A3 is associated with regional lymph node metastasis and relapse-free survival in ESCC patients. ..
- Zou H, Lv G, Dai L, Zhan X, Jiao J, Liao L, et al. A truncated splice variant of human lysyl oxidase-like 2 promotes migration and invasion in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;75:85-98 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the new LOXL2 splice variant contributes to tumor progression by novel molecular mechanisms different from LOXL2WT. ..
- Zhu Y, Zhu M, Zhang X, Xu X, Wu Z, Liao L, et al. SMYD3 stimulates EZR and LOXL2 transcription to enhance proliferation, migration, and invasion in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2016;52:153-63 pubmed publisher..78 (n = 81; P < .01) and 0.637 (n = 103; P < .01), respectively. These results indicate that SMYD3 enhances tumorigenicity in ESCC through enhancing transcription of genes involved in proliferation, migration, and invasion. ..
- Fang W, Gu W, Liao L, Chen B, Wu Z, Wu J, et al. Prognostic significance of desmoglein 2 and desmoglein 3 in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:871-6 pubmed..Our findings suggest that DSG3 may be involved in the progression of ESCC and serve as a prognostic marker, while expression of DSG2 cannot be used as a predictor of ESCC patient outcome. ..
- Zhang H, Xu L, Li E. A family of pleiotropically acting microRNAs in cancer progression, miR-200: potential cancer therapeutic targets. Curr Pharm Des. 2014;20:1896-903 pubmed..In this review, we will focus on our emerging understanding of the roles of miR- 200s in cancer, specifically their therapeutic potential in treating cancer. ..
- Long L, Pang X, Lei F, Zhang J, Wang W, Liao L, et al. SLC52A3 expression is activated by NF-κB p65/Rel-B and serves as a prognostic biomarker in esophageal cancer. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2018;75:2643-2661 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results elucidate the mechanisms underlying SLC52A3 overexpression in ESCC. More importantly, our findings identify SLC52A3 as both a predictive and prognostic biomarker for this deadly cancer. ..