Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences
- Li Y, He L, Huang X, Issa Bhaloo S, Zhao H, Zhang S, et al. Genetic Lineage Tracing of Non-Myocyte Population by Dual Recombinases. Circulation. 2018;: pubmed publisher..This study also provides a new genetic strategy to identify endogenous stem cells, if any, in other organ systems for tissue repair and regeneration. ..
- Li Y, Lui K, Zhou B. Reassessing endothelial-to-mesenchymal transition in cardiovascular diseases. Nat Rev Cardiol. 2018;15:445-456 pubmed publisher..Understanding the role and mechanisms of EndoMT in diseases will unravel the therapeutic potential of targeting this process and will provide a new paradigm for the development of regenerative medicine to treat cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Liu L, Wan X, Zhou P, Zhou X, Zhang W, Hui X, et al. The chromatin remodeling subunit Baf200 promotes normal hematopoiesis and inhibits leukemogenesis. J Hematol Oncol. 2018;11:27 pubmed publisher..Our current studies uncover critical roles of Baf200 in both normal and malignant hematopoiesis and provide a potential therapeutic target for suppressing the progression of leukemia without interfering with normal hematopoiesis. ..
- Leung O, Zhou B, Lui K. Vascular Development and Regeneration in the Mammalian Heart. J Cardiovasc Dev Dis. 2016;3: pubmed publisher..Moreover, we will also discuss how we induce neovascularization in the damaged heart through transient yet highly efficient expression of VEGF-modified mRNAs as a potentially therapeutic delivery platform. ..
- He L, Liu Q, Hu T, Huang X, Zhang H, Tian X, et al. Genetic lineage tracing discloses arteriogenesis as the main mechanism for collateral growth in the mouse heart. Cardiovasc Res. 2016;109:419-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that arteriogenesis is the major mechanism underlying collateral vessel formation. ..
- Li Y, Tian X, Zhao H, He L, Zhang S, Huang X, et al. Genetic targeting of Purkinje fibres by Sema3a-CreERT2. Sci Rep. 2018;8:2382 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our study provides a new genetic tool, i.e., Sema3a-CreERT2, for studying the molecular mechanisms that regulate the function of Purkinje fibres. ..
- Zhang H, Pu W, Li G, Huang X, He L, Tian X, et al. Endocardium Minimally Contributes to Coronary Endothelium in the Embryonic Ventricular Free Walls. Circ Res. 2016;118:1880-93 pubmed publisher..This work thus resolves the recent controversy over the developmental origin of coronary endothelium, providing the basis for studying coronary vessel formation and regeneration after injury. ..
- Liu Q, Zhang H, Tian X, He L, Huang X, Tan Z, et al. Smooth muscle origin of postnatal 2nd CVP is pre-determined in early embryo. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;471:430-6 pubmed publisher..Rather than the re-activation and migration of epicardial cells at later stages, these resident EPDCs mobilize and contribute to smooth muscle of the 2nd CVP during postnatal development. ..
- Zhang H, Pu W, Liu Q, He L, Huang X, Tian X, et al. Endocardium Contributes to Cardiac Fat. Circ Res. 2016;118:254-65 pubmed publisher..Our in vivo fate-mapping studies demonstrated that the developing endocardium, but not the vascular endothelial cells, gives rise to intramyocardial adipocytes in the adult heart. ..
- Yu W, Huang X, Tian X, Zhang H, He L, Wang Y, et al. GATA4 regulates Fgf16 to promote heart repair after injury. Development. 2016;143:936-49 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data demonstrate that GATA4 is required for neonatal heart regeneration through regulation of Fgf16, suggesting that paracrine factors could be of potential use in promoting myocardial repair. ..
- Tian X, Li Y, He L, Zhang H, Huang X, Liu Q, et al. Identification of a hybrid myocardial zone in the mammalian heart after birth. Nat Commun. 2017;8:87 pubmed publisher..Tian et al. show that cardiomyocytes in the fetal compact layer also contribute to this process, forming a hybrid myocardial zone that is composed of cells derived from both trabecular and compact layers. ..
- Wang Y, Huang X, He L, Pu W, Li Y, Liu Q, et al. Genetic tracing of hepatocytes in liver homeostasis, injury, and regeneration. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:8594-8604 pubmed publisher..Our study also provides a new mouse tool for more precise in vivo genetic study of hepatocytes in the field. ..
- Tian X, Hu T, Zhang H, He L, Huang X, Liu Q, et al. Vessel formation. De novo formation of a distinct coronary vascular population in neonatal heart. Science. 2014;345:90-4 pubmed publisher..This mechanism of postnatal coronary vascular growth provides avenues for understanding and stimulating cardiovascular regeneration following injury and disease. ..
- Zhang H, von Gise A, Liu Q, Hu T, Tian X, He L, et al. Yap1 is required for endothelial to mesenchymal transition of the atrioventricular cushion. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:18681-92 pubmed publisher..Together, our results identify a role of YAP1 in regulating EMT through modulation of TGF?-Smad signaling and through proliferative activity during cardiac cushion development. ..
- Zhou B, Pu W. Genetic Cre-loxP assessment of epicardial cell fate using Wt1-driven Cre alleles. Circ Res. 2012;111:e276-80 pubmed publisher..Using these tools with proper understanding of their properties and limitations enables genetic labeling of epicardial cells and their derivatives. ..