Affiliation: Shanghai Jiaotong University
- Cai W, Zhang D. The role of receptor-like kinases in regulating plant male reproduction. Plant Reprod. 2018;31:77-87 pubmed publisher..We provide speculation of the poorly characterized ligands and substrates of these RLKs. The conserved and diversified aspects underlying the function of RLKs in anther development are discussed. ..
- Shi J, Cui M, Yang L, Kim Y, Zhang D. Genetic and Biochemical Mechanisms of Pollen Wall Development. Trends Plant Sci. 2015;20:741-53 pubmed publisher..The conserved and divergent aspects of the genes involved as well as their regulation are addressed. Current challenges and future perspectives are also highlighted. ..
- Zhang D, Shi J, Yang X. Role of Lipid Metabolism in Plant Pollen Exine Development. Subcell Biochem. 2016;86:315-37 pubmed publisher..Genes, enzymes/proteins and regulatory factors that appear to play conserved and diversified roles in lipid biosynthesis, transportation and modification during pollen exine formation, were highlighted. ..
- Hong J, Yang L, Zhang D, Shi J. Plant Metabolomics: An Indispensable System Biology Tool for Plant Science. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..We also highlight the current challenges and future perspectives in this inspiring area, with the aim to stimulate further studies leading to better crop improvement of yield and quality. ..
- Chen M, Xu J, Devis D, Shi J, Ren K, Searle I, et al. Origin and Functional Prediction of Pollen Allergens in Plants. Plant Physiol. 2016;172:341-57 pubmed publisher..This study provides insight into the phylogenetic and evolutionary scenario of pollen allergens that will be helpful to future characterization and epitope screening of pollen allergens. ..
- Yang L, Quan S, Zhang D. Endogenous Reference Genes and Their Quantitative Real-Time PCR Assays for Genetically Modified Bread Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) Detection. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1679:259-268 pubmed publisher..Also, we discussed one model for developing and validating one ideal RG for one plant species based on our previous research work. ..
- Guo J, Chen L, Liu X, Gao Y, Zhang D, Yang L. A multiplex degenerate PCR analytical approach targeting to eight genes for screening GMOs. Food Chem. 2012;132:1566-1573 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the applicability of the quadruplex PCR assay was confirmed by screening either several artificially prepared samples or samples of Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration (GIPSA) proficiency program...
- Kim Y, Joo S, Shi J, Hu C, Quan S, Hu J, et al. Metabolic dynamics and physiological adaptation of Panax ginseng during development. Plant Cell Rep. 2018;37:393-410 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide insights into the metabolic kinetics during the development of ginseng plant and this could complement the pharmacological importance of ginseng and its compounds according to their age. ..
- Kim Y, Zhang D. Molecular Control of Male Fertility for Crop Hybrid Breeding. Trends Plant Sci. 2018;23:53-65 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, translational research that applies basic knowledge of plant male fertility control to hybrid seed production practice is highlighted. ..
- Yu J, Han J, Kim Y, Song M, Yang Z, He Y, et al. Two rice receptor-like kinases maintain male fertility under changing temperatures. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:12327-12332 pubmed publisher..TMS10 may be used as a genetic resource for the development of hybrid seed production systems in crops. ..
- Silva J, Kim Y, Xiao D, Sukweenadhi J, Hu T, Kwon W, et al. Cytological analysis of ginseng carpel development. Protoplasma. 2017;254:1909-1922 pubmed publisher..This study will provide an integral tool for the study of the reproductive development and breeding of P. ginseng. ..
- Yang L, Qian X, Chen M, Fei Q, Meyers B, Liang W, et al. Regulatory Role of a Receptor-Like Kinase in Specifying Anther Cell Identity. Plant Physiol. 2016;171:2085-100 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data point to a central role of the OsTDL1A-MSP1 signaling pathway in specifying somatic cell identity and suppressing overproliferation of archesporial cells in rice. ..