Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Peking University
- Li L, Zhao Q, Kong W. Extracellular matrix remodeling and cardiac fibrosis. Matrix Biol. 2018;68-69:490-506 pubmed publisher..Understanding the comprehensive molecules and pathways involved in ECM homeostasis and remodeling may provide important novel potential targets for preventing and treating cardiac fibrosis. ..
- Kessler T, Zhang L, Liu Z, Yin X, Huang Y, Wang Y, et al. ADAMTS-7 inhibits re-endothelialization of injured arteries and promotes vascular remodeling through cleavage of thrombospondin-1. Circulation. 2015;131:1191-201 pubmed publisher..Our study revealed a novel mechanism by which ADAMTS-7 affects neointima formation. Thus, ADAMTS-7 is a promising treatment target for postinjury vascular intima hyperplasia. ..
- Fu Y, Gao C, Liang Y, Wang M, Huang Y, Ma W, et al. Shift of Macrophage Phenotype Due to Cartilage Oligomeric Matrix Protein Deficiency Drives Atherosclerotic Calcification. Circ Res. 2016;119:261-76 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that COMP deficiency acted via integrin ?3 to drive macrophages toward the atherogenic and osteogenic phenotype and thereby aggravate atherosclerotic calcification. ..
- Wang M, Fu Y, Gao C, Jia Y, Huang Y, Liu L, et al. Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein prevents vascular aging and vascular smooth muscle cells senescence. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;478:1006-13 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings revealed the essential role of COMP in retarding the development of vascular aging and VSMC senescence. ..
- Yu H, Jia Q, Feng X, Chen H, Wang L, Ni X, et al. Hypoxia decrease expression of cartilage oligomeric matrix protein to promote phenotype switching of pulmonary arterial smooth muscle cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2017;91:37-44 pubmed publisher..05). These data suggest that COMP could normally have a protective role against PASMC phenotype switching and maintain BMP2/BMPR2 signaling, and these protective actions could be lost as a result of hypoxia promoting a depletion of COMP. ..
- Zhao G, Fu Y, Cai Z, Yu F, Gong Z, Dai R, et al. Unspliced XBP1 Confers VSMC Homeostasis and Prevents Aortic Aneurysm Formation via FoxO4 Interaction. Circ Res. 2017;121:1331-1345 pubmed publisher..Our study revealed the pivotal role of the XBP1u-FoxO4-myocardin axis in maintaining the VSMC contractile phenotype and providing protection from aortic aneurysm formation. ..