Xiao Jun Huang
Affiliation: Peking University
- Hu L, Zhao X, Yu X, Lv M, Han T, Han W, et al. Quantity and Quality Reconstitution of NKG2A+ Natural Killer Cells Are Associated with Graft-versus-Host Disease after Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2019;25:1-11 pubmed publisher..Therefore, post-HSCT GVHD may be ascribed to the reduced induction of NKG2A+ NK cells by IL-10, which further overactivates T cells. ..
- Yang S, Gale R, Shi H, Liu Y, Lai Y, Lu J, et al. Is there an epidemic of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) in China?. Leuk Res. 2018;73:16-20 pubmed publisher..001). Our data suggest much of the increased frequency of CLL at our centre and likely elsewhere in China predominately reflects ascertainment bias. Other variables may also operate. ..
- Mo X, Wang Y, Zhang X, Xu L, Yan C, Chen H, et al. Interferon-α Is Effective for Treatment of Minimal Residual Disease in Patients with t(8;21) Acute Myeloid Leukemia After Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: Results of a Prospective Registry Study. Oncologist. 2018;23:1349-1357 pubmed publisher..Interferon-alpha (IFN-α) could exert a relatively strong graft-versus-leukemia effect, and MRD-directed IFN-α treatment is effective for patients with t(8;21) AML who were MRD-positive after allo-HSCT. ..
- Lv M, Chang Y, Huang X. Everyone has a donor: contribution of the Chinese experience to global practice of haploidentical hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Front Med. 2019;13:45-56 pubmed publisher..This review will focus on how the new era in which "everyone has a donor" will become a reality in China. ..
- Yan C, Xu L, Liu D, Chen H, Wang Y, Liu K, et al. Immunosuppression for 6-8 weeks after modified donor lymphocyte infusion reduced acute graft-versus-host disease without influencing graft-versus-leukemia effect in haploidentical transplant. Chin Med J (Engl). 2014;127:3602-9 pubmed..This strategy will probably improve the safety and efficacy of modified DLI further. ..
- Zhang J, Wang Y, Wang J, Hu J, Chen S, Jin J, et al. Early BCR-ABL1 decline in imatinib-treated patients with chronic myeloid leukemia: results from a multicenter study of the Chinese CML alliance. Blood Cancer J. 2018;8:61 pubmed publisher..Our data support the evidence that monitoring BCR-ABL1 values at an early time point could contribute to accurately assess response and ultimately guide clinical decisions regarding the timing of therapeutic intervention. ..
- Liu J, Kong J, Chang Y, Chen H, Chen Y, Han W, et al. Patients with refractory cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection following allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation are at high risk for CMV disease and non-relapse mortality. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2015;21:1121.e9-15 pubmed publisher..001) and acute graft-versus-host disease (HR 1.905, 95% CI 1.352-2.686, pÂ <0.001). We conclude that patients with refractory CMV infection during the early stage after allo-HSCT are at high risk for both CMV disease and NRM. ..
- Mo X, Zhang X, Xu L, Wang Y, Yan C, Chen H, et al. Interferon-α salvage treatment is effective for patients with acute leukemia/myelodysplastic syndrome with unsatisfactory response to minimal residual disease-directed donor lymphocyte infusion after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Front Med. 2019;13:238-249 pubmed publisher
- Mo X, Zhang X, Xu L, Wang Y, Yan C, Chen H, et al. Interferon-α: A Potentially Effective Treatment for Minimal Residual Disease in Acute Leukemia/Myelodysplastic Syndrome after Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2015;21:1939-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, preemptive IFN-α may be a potential alternative for MRD-positive patients who cannot receive preemptive DLI after HSCT. ..
- Liu L, Chang Y, Xu L, Zhang X, Wang Y, Liu K, et al. Reversal of T Cell Exhaustion by the First Donor Lymphocyte Infusion Is Associated with the Persistently Effective Antileukemic Responses in Patients with Relapsed AML after Allo-HSCT. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2018;24:1350-1359 pubmed publisher
- Zhang X, Zhu X, Niu T, Sun J, Liu H, Feng R, et al. Combination of FVIII and low-dose rFVIIa improves haemostasis in acquired haemophilia A patients: a collaborative controlled study. Thromb Res. 2015;135:835-40 pubmed publisher..The combination of FVIII and low-dose rFVIIa offers an ideal haemostatic cover and may be promoted as a feasible and safe therapy protocol for patients with AHA. ..
- Xu L, Zhang C, Mo X, Zhang X, Chen H, Han W, et al. Epstein-Barr Virus-Related Post-Transplantation Lymphoproliferative Disorder after Unmanipulated Human Leukocyte Antigen Haploidentical Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: Incidence, Risk Factors, Treatment, and Clinical Outcomes. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2015;21:2185-2191 pubmed publisher..2% versus 13.2%, P = .02). Thus, we were able to identify individuals at a high risk of developing PTLD after unmanipulated haplo-HSCT. Rituximab-based therapy can help to improve the outcomes of PTLD patients. ..
- Li Y, Chang Y, Xu L, Zhang X, Huang X. Negative association of donor age with CD34âº cell dose in mixture allografts of G-CSF-primed bone marrow and G-CSF-mobilized peripheral blood harvests. Chin Med J (Engl). 2014;127:3597-601 pubmed
- Mo X, Kong J, Zhao T, Xu L, Zhang X, Liu D, et al. Extramedullary relapse of acute leukemia after haploidentical hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: incidence, risk factors, treatment, and clinical outcomes. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2014;20:2023-8 pubmed publisher..024) and non-CR after EMR treatments (HRÂ = 4.6; P < .001) were the independent risk factors for poor survival rates among EMR patients. We found that graft-versus-leukemia effect may help to prevent EMR after haplo-HSCT. ..
- Chen Y, Xu L, Liu D, Liu K, Chen H, Zhang X, et al. [Increased risk of severe acute graft-versus-host disease in low body mass index patients undergoing haploidentical allogeneic stem cell transplantation]. Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi. 2014;53:710-4 pubmed..Low BMI was associated with increased risk of severe acute GVHD in leukemia patients receiving haploidentical allo-HSCT. Meticulous supportive care pre-transplantation is required for low BMI patients. ..
- Yu W, Wang Y, Wu D, Liu Q, Xu L, Zhang X, et al. Comparison of efficacy between HLA6/6- and HLA3/6-matched haploidentical hematopoietic stem cell transplant in T-cell-replete transplants between parents and children. Sci China Life Sci. 2019;62:104-111 pubmed publisher..That HLA-mismatch disparity is not correlated with T-cell-replete haplo-HSCT outcome was substantiated. ..
- Zhao X, Gao F, Zhang X, Wang Y, Xu L, Liu K, et al. Improved clinical outcomes of rhG-CSF-mobilized blood and marrow haploidentical transplantation compared to propensity score-matched rhG-CSF-primed peripheral blood stem cell haploidentical transplantation: a multicenter study. Sci China Life Sci. 2016;59:1139-1148 pubmed..639 (0.995-2.699), P=0.052). Our comparisons showed that HBMT was superior to HPBSCT as a post-remission treatment for patients lacking an identical donor. ..
- Liu J, Chang Y, Yan C, Xu L, Jiang Z, Zhang X, et al. Poor CMV-specific CD8+ T central memory subset recovery at early stage post-HSCT associates with refractory and recurrent CMV reactivation. J Infect. 2016;73:261-70 pubmed publisher..002). The CMV-specific CD8+ TCM subset at day 30 post-HSCT is associated with CMV-specific T cell immunity recovery as well as the refractory and recurrent CMV reactivation post-HSCT. ..
- Liu J, Xu L, Bian Z, Chang Y, Wang Y, Zhang X, et al. Differential impact of two doses of antithymocyte globulin conditioning on lymphocyte recovery upon haploidentical hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. J Transl Med. 2015;13:391 pubmed publisher..These findings will facilitate optimization of the ATG conditioning dosage and improve the outcome of patients with leukemia that receive haploHSCT. ..
- Mo X, Qin Y, Zhang X, Xu L, Wang Y, Yan C, et al. Minimal residual disease monitoring and preemptive immunotherapy in myelodysplastic syndrome after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Ann Hematol. 2016;95:1233-40 pubmed publisher..8, P?=?0.001). MRD monitoring predicted relapse in high-risk MDS post-HSCT patients, and PRAME- and MRD-positive patients did not benefit from preemptive immunotherapy. ..
- Mo X, Zhang X, Xu L, Wang Y, Yan C, Chen H, et al. Treatment of late-onset hemorrhagic cystitis after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: the role of corticosteroids. Ann Hematol. 2018;97:1209-1217 pubmed publisher..For patients not showing a satisfactory response to anti-infection therapies, additional corticosteroid therapy may help to achieve CR. ..
- Xue J, Feng R, Fu H, Jiang Q, Jiang H, Lu J, et al. Combined prednisone and levothyroxine improve treatment of severe thrombocytopenia in hepatitis B with compensatory cirrhosis accompanied by subclinical and overt hypothyroidism. Sci China Life Sci. 2018;61:924-933 pubmed publisher..Treatment with prednisone plus levothyroxine may present a novel approach in these patients. ..
- Liu L, Chang Y, Xu L, Zhang X, Wang Y, Liu K, et al. T cell exhaustion characterized by compromised MHC class I and II restricted cytotoxic activity associates with acute B lymphoblastic leukemia relapse after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Clin Immunol. 2018;190:32-40 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that T cell exhaustion was associated with B-ALL relapse after allo-HSCT as well as its treatment outcome. ..
- Wang Y, Kong Y, Song Y, Han W, Zhang Y, Zhang X, et al. Increased Type 1 Immune Response in the Bone Marrow Immune Microenvironment of Patients with Poor Graft Function after Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2016;22:1376-1382 pubmed publisher..Changes in IFN-? and IL-4 levels in BM plasma were consistent with the cellular results. Our results suggest that dysregulated T cell responses may contribute to the occurrence of PGF after HSCT. ..
- Chen Y, Xu L, Liu K, Chen H, Chen Y, Zhang X, et al. Risk factors for cytomegalovirus DNAemia following haploidentical stem cell transplantation and its association with host hepatitis B virus serostatus. J Clin Virol. 2016;75:10-5 pubmed publisher..045, HR=1.654; 95%CI=1.012-2.701). Our data showed HBsAg seropositivity was associated with an increased risk of cytomegalovirus DNAemia. Detection of CMV DNAemia proved to be a poor prognostic factor for haploidentical patients. ..
- Liu J, Huang H, Li Y, Liu L, Li J, Liu Z, et al. Epidemiology and treatment of invasive fungal diseases in patients with multiple myeloma: findings from a multicenter prospective study from China. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:7893-900 pubmed publisher..Fluconazole is the most common antifungal agent for prophylaxis and voriconazole for therapeutic treatment. Previous IFD is a probable independent risk factor of IFD in MM patients receiving chemotherapy. ..
- Lv M, Huang X. Fighting against hematological malignancy in China: from unique system to global impact. Sci China Life Sci. 2015;58:1183-90 pubmed publisher..The multicenter trials and collaborations adhering to international standards might further strengthen the global impact and lead the way in specific fields of research worldwide. ..
- Fu Q, Xu L, Zhang X, Wang Y, Chang Y, Liu K, et al. Platelet transfusion refractoriness after T-cell-replete haploidentical transplantation is associated with inferior clinical outcomes. Sci China Life Sci. 2018;61:569-577 pubmed publisher..28.2%, respectively; P<0.001). The multivariate analysis also showed that PTR was associated with the number of PLT transfusions (P<0.001). PTR could predict poor transplant outcomes in patients who underwent haploidentical SCT. ..
- Yan C, Wang Y, Wang J, Chen Y, Chen Y, Wang F, et al. Minimal residual disease- and graft-vs.-host disease-guided multiple consolidation chemotherapy and donor lymphocyte infusion prevent second acute leukemia relapse after allotransplant. J Hematol Oncol. 2016;9:87 pubmed publisher..ChiCTR-ONC-12002912 . Donor lymphocyte infusion for the treatment of leukemia relapse following allogeneic hematopoeitic stem cell transplant. ..
- Yu C, Zheng Dong -, Qiao Z, Wang J, Huang He -, Liang Y, et al. The long-term outcome of reduced-intensity allogeneic stem cell transplantation from a matched related or unrelated donor, or haploidentical family donor in patients with leukemia: a retrospective analysis of data from the China RIC Cooperative Group. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:279-288 pubmed publisher..RIC transplantation with HID had a lower relapse rate but higher TRM and GVHD rates, particularly in cases of advanced leukemia. ..
- Qin Y, Lu J, Bao L, Zhu H, Li J, Li L, et al. Bortezomib improves progression-free survival in multiple myeloma patients overexpressing preferentially expressed antigen of melanoma. Chin Med J (Engl). 2014;127:1666-71 pubmed..9% vs. 76.9%, P > 0.05). PRAME overexpression might be an adverse prognostic factor of PFS in MM patients treated with non-bortezomib-containing regimens. Bortezomib improves PFS in patients overexpressing PRAME. ..
- Mo X, Zhang X, Xu L, Wang Y, Yan C, Chen H, et al. Unmanipulated Haploidentical Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in First Complete Remission Can Abrogate the Poor Outcomes of Children with Acute Myeloid Leukemia Resistant to the First Course of Induction Chemotherapy. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2016;22:2235-2242 pubmed publisher
- Mo X, Zhang X, Xu L, Wang Y, Yan C, Chen H, et al. Comparison of outcomes after donor lymphocyte infusion with or without prior chemotherapy for minimal residual disease in acute leukemia/myelodysplastic syndrome after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:829-838 pubmed publisher..In summary, preemptive DLI alone may be effective for patients who are MRD-positive and may be a potential alternative for patients who refuse or are unable to receive Chemo-DLI after HSCT. ..
- Liu J, Qin Y, Yang S, Wang Y, Chang Y, Zhao T, et al. Meis1 is critical to the maintenance of human acute myeloid leukemia cells independent of MLL rearrangements. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:567-574 pubmed publisher..These results implicate that Meis1 functions as an important regulator during the progression of human AML and could be a prognostic factor independent of MLL abnormality. ..
- Xu L, Jin S, WANG S, Xia L, Bai H, Gao S, et al. Upfront haploidentical transplant for acquired severe aplastic anemia: registry-based comparison with matched related transplant. J Hematol Oncol. 2017;10:25 pubmed publisher..We did not observe differences in primary engraftment and survival outcomes by donor type. Haploidentical SCT as upfront therapy was an effective and safe option for SAA patients, with favorable outcomes in experienced centers. ..
- Qin X, Lu J, Li G, Wen L, Liu Y, Xu L, et al. CTLA-4 polymorphisms are associated with treatment outcomes of patients with multiple myeloma receiving bortezomib-based regimens. Ann Hematol. 2018;97:485-495 pubmed publisher..Future studies must determine the precise effect of CTLA-4 polymorphisms and haplotypes on MM therapy outcomes by using different cohorts with a large number of subjects. ..
- Wang J, Jiang Q, Xu L, Zhang X, Chen H, Qin Y, et al. Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation versus Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors Combined with Chemotherapy in Patients with Philadelphia Chromosome-Positive Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2018;24:741-750 pubmed publisher..Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation confers significant survival advantages for Ph+ ALL patients compared with TKIs plus chemotherapy, especially in intermediate- and high-risk patients. ..
- Tang F, Zhao X, Xu L, Zhang X, Chen Y, Mo X, et al. Risk factors for herpes simplex virus-1/2 viremia and clinical outcomes following unmanipulated haploidentical haematopoietic stem cell transplantation. J Clin Virol. 2017;95:20-25 pubmed publisher..5%, p=0.26), leukaemia-free survival (60.9% vs. 57.9%, p=0.46) and overall survival (61.2% vs. 60.7%, p=0.37). Based on our study results, we recommend that HSV-1/2 PCR should be performed upon clinical suspicion of HSV-1/2 infection. ..
- Chen H, Liu K, Xu L, Chen Y, Zhang X, Wang Y, et al. Haploidentical hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for pediatric Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia in the imatinib era. Leuk Res. 2017;59:136-141 pubmed publisher..HID HSCT for the treatment of pediatric patients with Ph+ ALL yielded promising long-term survival. Post-HSCT BCR-ABL transcript positivity was a significant factor for clinical relapse after allo-HSCT in the imatinib era. ..
- Kong Y, Wang Y, Cao X, Song Y, Chen Y, Sun Y, et al. Aberrant T cell responses in the bone marrow microenvironment of patients with poor graft function after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. J Transl Med. 2017;15:57 pubmed publisher..These findings will facilitate the optimization of immune regulation strategies and improve the outcome of PGF patients post-allotransplant. ..
- Mo X, Zhang X, Xu L, Wang Y, Yan C, Chen H, et al. IFN-α Is Effective for Treatment of Minimal Residual Disease in Patients with Acute Leukemia after Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: Results of a Registry Study. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2017;23:1303-1310 pubmed publisher..Thus, MRD-directed IFN-α treatment is effective for patients who were MRD-positive after allo-HSCT. The study was registered at http://clinicaltrials.gov as NCT02185261. ..