Zhen Hui Gong
Affiliation: Northwest A and F University
- Khan A, Li R, Sun J, Ma F, Zhang H, Jin J, et al. Genome-wide analysis of dirigent gene family in pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) and characterization of CaDIR7 in biotic and abiotic stresses. Sci Rep. 2018;8:5500 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that CaDIR7 is involved in pepper defense response against pathogen and abiotic stresses and the study will provide basic insights for future research regarding CaDIRs. ..
- Arisha M, Liang B, Muhammad Shah S, Gong Z, Li D. Kill curve analysis and response of first generation Capsicum annuum L. B12 cultivar to ethyl methane sulfonate. Genet Mol Res. 2014;13:10049-61 pubmed publisher..Five dwarf plants were observed in mutagenized seeds without presoaking as compared to control seeds (at the maturity stage of the control plant). ..
- Guo M, Liu J, Ma X, Zhai Y, Gong Z, Lu M. Genome-wide analysis of the Hsp70 family genes in pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) and functional identification of CaHsp70-2 involvement in heat stress. Plant Sci. 2016;252:246-256 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide the basis for further studied to dissect CaHsp70s' function in response to heat stress as well as other environmental stresses. ..
- Xiao H, Jin J, Chai W, Gong Z. Cloning and expression analysis of pepper chlorophyll catabolite reductase gene CaRCCR. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:368-79 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that CaRCCR is involved in defense responses to various stresses. ..
- Guo W, Chen R, Du X, Zhang Z, Yin Y, Gong Z, et al. Reduced tolerance to abiotic stress in transgenic Arabidopsis overexpressing a Capsicum annuum multiprotein bridging factor 1. BMC Plant Biol. 2014;14:138 pubmed publisher..CaMBF1 may be useful for genetic engineering of novel pepper cultivars in the future. ..
- Chen R, Jing H, Guo W, Wang S, Ma F, Pan B, et al. Silencing of dehydrin CaDHN1 diminishes tolerance to multiple abiotic stresses in Capsicum annuum L. Plant Cell Rep. 2015;34:2189-200 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest that CaDHN1 plays an important role in regulating the abiotic stress resistance in pepper plants. ..
- Xiao H, Yin Y, Chai W, Gong Z. Silencing of the CaCP gene delays salt- and osmotic-induced leaf senescence in Capsicum annuum L. Int J Mol Sci. 2014;15:8316-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that CaCP is a senescence-associated gene, which is involved in developmental senescence and regulates salt- and osmotic-induced leaf senescence in pepper. ..
- Xiao H, Liu K, Li D, Arisha M, Chai W, Gong Z. Cloning and characterization of the pepper CaPAO gene for defense responses to salt-induced leaf senescence. BMC Biotechnol. 2015;15:100 pubmed publisher..The expression of CaPAO gene was induced in natural senescence and various stresses. The CaPAO gene may be related to defense responses to various stresses and play an important role in salt-induced leaf senescence. ..