Jun Quan Zhu
Affiliation: Ningbo University
- Fu S, Jiang J, Yang W, Zhu J. A histological study of testis development and ultrastructural features of spermatogenesis in cultured Acrossocheilus fasciatus. Tissue Cell. 2016;48:49-62 pubmed publisher..The flagellum showed a typical 9+2 arrangement pattern. Conversely, our study on A. fasciatus yielded no information concerning the lateral fins although an enlarged saclike area was present at the end of some flagella. ..
- Liu G, Sheng Z, Hou C, Ni J, Han Y, Wang Y, et al. Molecular cloning, characterization and expression analysis of metallothionein in the liver of the teleost Acrossocheilus fasciatus exposed to cadmium chloride. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;53:1-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, A. fasciatus could be regarded as one candidate for a model species for bony fishes in ecotoxicology. ..
- Wang D, Zhao Y, Han Y, Hou C, Zhu J. Characterization of mitochondrial prohibitin from Boleophthalmus pectinirostris and evaluation of its possible role in spermatogenesis. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:1299-1313 pubmed publisher..Additionally, in the mature germ cells, the PHB signals were weak and aggregate in the midpiece of the flagellum. ..
- Zhang D, Gao X, Zhao Y, Hou C, Zhu J. The C-terminal kinesin motor KIFC1 may participate in nuclear reshaping and flagellum formation during spermiogenesis of Larimichthys crocea. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:1351-1371 pubmed publisher..In addition, this study may provide a model for researching the molecular mechanisms involved in spermatogenesis in other teleost species, which will lead to a better understanding of the teleost fertilization process. ..
- Wang Q, Shen W, Liu C, Mu D, Wu X, Guo N, et al. Effects of multi-environmental factors on physiological and biochemical responses of large yellow croaker, Larimichthys crocea. Chemosphere. 2017;184:907-915 pubmed publisher..crocea likely converted from aerobic to anaerobic during adaptation. Furthermore, the upregulation of HIF-1? mRNA suggests it has an active role in protection against anoxic damage. ..
- Zhao Y, Yang H, Zhang D, Han Y, Hou C, Zhu J. Dynamic transcription and expression patterns of KIF3A and KIF3B genes during spermiogenesis in the shrimp, Palaemon carincauda. Anim Reprod Sci. 2017;184:59-77 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these proteins can transport the mitochondria and Golgi that facilitate acrosome formation in P. carincauda. ..
- Han Y, Yang W, Long L, Sheng Z, Zhou Y, Zhao Y, et al. Molecular cloning, expression pattern, and chemical analysis of heat shock protein 70 (HSP70) in the mudskipper Boleophthalmus pectinirostris: Evidence for its role in regulating spermatogenesis. Gene. 2016;575:331-8 pubmed publisher..HSP70 mRNA expression in the gill, liver, and testes was significantly increased, which suggests that HSP70 plays an important role in protection against heat stress. ..
- Wang Q, Shen W, Hou C, Liu C, Wu X, Zhu J. Physiological responses and changes in gene expression in the large yellow croaker Larimichthys crocea following exposure to hypoxia. Chemosphere. 2017;169:418-427 pubmed publisher..crocea enhances immune defensive function and antioxidant capacity. A better understanding of the regulation of the molecular anti-hypoxia mechanisms can help speeding up the selective breeding of hypoxia-tolerant L. crocea. ..