Roger M K Ng
- What does recovery from schizophrenia mean? Perceptions of long-term patientsRoger M K Ng
Department of Psychiatry, Kowloon Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Int J Soc Psychiatry 54:118-30. 2008..The study investigated the meaning of recovery to eight people with chronic schizophrenia...
- What does recovery from schizophrenia mean? Perceptions of medical students and trainee psychiatristsRoger M K Ng
Community Psychiatric and Rehabilitation Team, Department of Psychiatry, Kowloon Hospital, Hong Kong
Int J Soc Psychiatry 57:248-62. 2011..The attitudes of medical professionals towards recovery from schizophrenia are key in defining the therapeutic encounter and may change as they move through their medical career...
- What does recovery from psychosis mean? Perceptions of young first-episode patientsMay M L Lam
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Int J Soc Psychiatry 57:580-7. 2011..This study explored the experience of first-episode psychosis from the patients' perspective and the meanings they attach to the illness and their recovery...
- Relationship of cognitions and symptoms of agoraphobia in Hong Kong Chinese: a combined quantitative and qualitative studyLung Kit Hui
Department of Psychiatry, Kowloon Hospital, Hong Kong
Int J Soc Psychiatry 58:153-65. 2012..The aim of this study was to explore and describe the subjective experiences of agoraphobia in Hong Kong Chinese...
- Families and family therapy in Hong KongSamson Tse
Department of Social Work and Social Administration, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Int Rev Psychiatry 24:115-20. 2012..Furthermore, challenges in applying the western model in Chinese culture are also outlined. We conclude that more future research is warranted to investigate how family therapy can be adapted for Chinese families...
- Homocysteine level in schizophrenia patientsYin Ying Ma
Department of Psychiatry, Kowloon Hospital, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 43:760-5. 2009..The aim of the present study was therefore to evaluate the serum homocysteine level in Chinese in schizophrenia patients and assess its association with clinical phenotypes of the disease...