Affiliation: Nanjing University
- Zhu D, Pan C, Sheng J, Liang H, Bian Z, Liu Y, et al. Human cytomegalovirus reprogrammes haematopoietic progenitor cells into immunosuppressive monocytes to achieve latency. Nat Microbiol. 2018;3:503-513 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that via activating the STAT3-iNOS-NO axis, HCMV differentiates human HPCs into a longevous, immunosuppressive monocyte subset for viral latency. ..
- Wei Y, Li M, Cui S, Wang D, Zhang C, Zen K, et al. Shikonin Inhibits the Proliferation of Human Breast Cancer Cells by Reducing Tumor-Derived Exosomes. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed publisher..These results show that shikonin inhibits the proliferation of MCF-7 cells through reducing tumor-derived exosomal miR-128. The current study suggests that shikonin suppresses MCF-7 growth by the inhibition of exosome release. ..
- Wang Y, Chen L, Wu Z, Wang M, Jin F, Wang N, et al. miR-124-3p functions as a tumor suppressor in breast cancer by targeting CBL. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:826 pubmed..This study identified a new regulatory axis in which miR-124-3p and CBL regulate the proliferation and invasion of breast cancer cells. ..
- Zen K, Guo Y, Li L, Bian Z, Zhang C, Liu Y. Cleavage of the CD11b extracellular domain by the leukocyte serprocidins is critical for neutrophil detachment during chemotaxis. Blood. 2011;117:4885-94 pubmed publisher..By illustrating CD11b shedding by elastase, proteinase-3 and cathepsin G as a novel mechanism for PMN detachment, our study provides novel therapeutic targets for controlling inflammation. ..
- Liang H, Wang N, Wang Y, Wang F, Fu Z, Yan X, et al. Hepatitis B virus-human chimeric transcript HBx-LINE1 promotes hepatic injury via sequestering cellular microRNA-122. J Hepatol. 2016;64:278-291 pubmed publisher..Our finding illustrates a previously uncharacterized miR-122-sequestering mechanism by which HBx-LINE1 promotes hepatic cell EMT-like changes and mouse liver injury. ..
- Gu H, Zhao C, Zhang T, Liang H, Wang X, Pan Y, et al. Salmonella produce microRNA-like RNA fragment Sal-1 in the infected cells to facilitate intracellular survival. Sci Rep. 2017;7:2392 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate a novel strategy for Salmonella evading the host immune clearance, in which Salmonella produce microRNA-like functional RNA fragments to establish a microenvironment facilitating bacterial survival. ..
- Ding H, Bai F, Cao H, Xu J, Fang L, Wu J, et al. PDE/cAMP/Epac/C/EBP-? signaling cascade regulates mitochondria biogenesis of tubular epithelial cells in renal fibrosis. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2017;: pubmed publisher..In the present study, we investigated the role of the cAMP pathway in tubular epithelial cells mitochondrial biogenesis in the pathogenesis of renal fibrosis...
- Zhao C, Zhou Z, Zhang T, Liu F, Zhang C, Zen K, et al. Salmonella small RNA fragment Sal-1 facilitates bacterial survival in infected cells via suppressing iNOS induction in a microRNA manner. Sci Rep. 2017;7:16979 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study provides new insight into the pathogenic mechanism of intracellular bacteria to modulate host innate immune response. ..
- Diao W, Lu L, Li S, Chen J, Zen K, Li L. MicroRNA-125b-5p modulates the inflammatory state of macrophages via targeting B7-H4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:912-918 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrated for the first time that miR-125b-5p could regulate the inflammatory state of macrophages via directly targeting B7-H4. ..
- Liang H, Yan X, Pan Y, Wang Y, Wang N, Li L, et al. MicroRNA-223 delivered by platelet-derived microvesicles promotes lung cancer cell invasion via targeting tumor suppressor EPB41L3. Mol Cancer. 2015;14:58 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates for the first time that platelet-secreted miR-223 via P-MVs can promote lung cancer cell invasion via targeting tumor suppressor EPB41L3. ..
- Zen K, Liu D, Li L, Chen C, Guo Y, Ha B, et al. The heparan sulfate proteoglycan form of epithelial CD44v3 serves as a CD11b/CD18 counter-receptor during polymorphonuclear leukocyte transepithelial migration. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3768-76 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study demonstrates for the first time that the heparan sulfate proteoglycan form of epithelial CD44v3 plays a critical role in facilitating PMN recruitment during inflammatory episodes via directly binding to CD11b/CD18. ..