Affiliation: Nanjing Agricultural University
- Zhang G, Lan S, Jia R, Yan G, Wang L, Nie H, et al. Age-associated and tissue-specific expression of osteopontin in male Hu sheep reproductive tract. Tissue Cell. 2016;48:496-502 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the expression of OPN might be closely related to spermatogenesis and spermatozoa function in Hu sheep. This will be helpful for us to understand how OPN regulate the high reproductive capacity in Hu sheep. ..
- Guo Y, Nie H, Xu C, Zhang G, Sun L, Zhang T, et al. Effects of nutrient restriction and arginine treatment on oxidative stress in the ovarian tissue of ewes during the luteal phase. Theriogenology. 2018;113:127-136 pubmed publisher..The results presented here suggest a potential method to increase agricultural productivity and economic benefits in the sheep industry by using dietary supplementation with arginine to decrease temporary undernutrition of ewes. ..
- Fan Y, Ren C, Wang Z, Jia R, Wang D, Zhang Y, et al. Transgenesis of humanized fat1 promotes n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid synthesis and expression of genes involved in lipid metabolism in goat cells. Gene. 2016;576:249-55 pubmed publisher..This work lays a foundation for both the production of fat1 transgenic goats and further study of the mechanism of fat1 function in the PUFAs metabolism. ..
- Yao X, Ei Samahy M, Yang H, Feng X, Li F, Meng F, et al. Age-associated expression of vitamin D receptor and vitamin D-metabolizing enzymes in the male reproductive tract and sperm of Hu sheep. Anim Reprod Sci. 2018;190:27-38 pubmed publisher..05). The diverse expression patterns of VDR and Vitamin D-metabolizing enzymes in the ram reproductive tract at different developmental stages and spermatozoa suggest it plays a potential role in spermatogenesis. ..
- Ren C, Deng M, Fan Y, Yang H, Zhang G, Feng X, et al. Genome-Wide Analysis Reveals Extensive Changes in LncRNAs during Skeletal Muscle Development in Hu Sheep. Genes (Basel). 2017;8: pubmed publisher..This study extends the sheep muscle lncRNA database and provides novel candidate regulators for future genetic and molecular studies on sheep muscle growth, which is helpful for optimizing the production of mutton. ..
- Zhang G, Deng M, Zhang Y, Fan Y, Wan Y, Nie H, et al. Effect of PGC-1? overexpression or silencing on mitochondrial apoptosis of goat luteinized granulosa cells. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2016;48:493-507 pubmed..Taken together, our results reveal that lack of PGC-1? may lead to mitochondrial dysfunction and disrupt the cellular redox balance, thus resulting in goat GCs apoptosis through the mitochondria-dependent apoptotic pathway. ..
- Sun L, Guo Y, Fan Y, Nie H, Wang R, Wang F. Metabolic profiling of stages of healthy pregnancy in Hu sheep using nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR). Theriogenology. 2017;92:121-128 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, during normal pregnancy in Hu sheep, related metabolites play an important role in amino acid and lipid metabolism for meeting the nutritional demands of pregnant ewes. ..
- Yao X, Yang H, Zhang Y, Ren C, Nie H, Fan Y, et al. Characterization of GALNTL5 gene sequence and expression in ovine testes and sperm. Theriogenology. 2017;95:54-61 pubmed publisher..Overall, the data suggest that GALNTL5 is an important functional molecule during spermatogenesis. Moreover, it is the first to suggest that the expression level of GALNTL5 is positively correlated with the sperm motility. ..
- Guo Y, Nie H, Sun L, Zhang G, Deng K, Fan Y, et al. Effects of diet and arginine treatment during the luteal phase on ovarian NO/PGC-1Î± signaling in ewes. Theriogenology. 2017;96:76-84 pubmed publisher..Elucidation of mechanisms underlying these effects of Arg on gene expression in the ewe ovary requires further investigation. ..
- Zhang T, Zhang G, Jin Y, Guo Y, Wang Z, Fan Y, et al. Energy restriction affect liver development in Hu sheep ram lambs through Hippo signaling pathway. Tissue Cell. 2017;49:603-611 pubmed publisher..05). In summary, energy restriction in ram lambs impairs liver development by increasing apoptosis, which may occur via the Hippo signaling pathway. ..
- Zhang Y, Han L, Yang H, Pang J, Li P, Zhang G, et al. Bisphenol A affects cell viability involved in autophagy and apoptosis in goat testis sertoli cell. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;55:137-147 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results indicated that gSCs viability was disrupted after BPA treatment through affecting ROS production, mitochondrial membrane potential and inducing autophagy/apoptosis. ..
- Zhang Y, Yang H, Han L, Li F, Zhang T, Pang J, et al. Long noncoding RNA expression profile changes associated with dietary energy in the sheep testis during sexual maturation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:5180 pubmed publisher..This study provides a first insight into the development of the testis with HG feeding in sheep and shows that these changes are associated with alterations in lncRNA expression. ..
- Yao X, Ei Samahy M, Feng X, Zhang T, Li F, Zhang G, et al. Expression and localization of polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase-like protein 5 in the reproductive organs and sperm of Hu sheep. Anim Reprod Sci. 2017;187:159-166 pubmed publisher..This is the first evidence that GALNTL5 might play an important role in a range of reproductive functions as well as in sperm motility and capacitation. Further studies are required to evaluate the function of GALNTL5 in reproduction. ..
- Xing H, Wang Z, Zhong B, Ying S, Nie H, Zhou Z, et al. Effects of different dietary intake on mRNA levels of MSTN, IGF-I, and IGF-II in the skeletal muscle of Dorper and Hu sheep hybrid F1 rams. Genet Mol Res. 2014;13:5258-68 pubmed publisher..This study contributes valuable information for enhancing the molecular-based breeding of sheep. ..
- Zhang Y, Li F, Feng X, Yang H, Zhu A, Pang J, et al. Genome-wide analysis of DNA Methylation profiles on sheep ovaries associated with prolificacy using whole-genome Bisulfite sequencing. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:759 pubmed publisher..This study revealed the global DNA methylation pattern of sheep ovaries associated with high and low prolificacy groups, which may contribute to a better understanding of the epigenetic regulation of sheep reproductive capacity. ..