Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Nanjing Normal University
- Zhang C, Meng X, Wei X, Lu L. Highly efficient CRISPR mutagenesis by microhomology-mediated end joining in Aspergillus fumigatus. Fungal Genet Biol. 2016;86:47-57 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we found that MMEJ-mediated CRISPR-Cas9 mutagenesis is independent of the ku80 pathway, indicating that this system can function as a powerful and versatile genome-editing tool in clinical Aspergillus isolates. ..
- Song J, Zhai P, Lu L. Damage resistance protein (Dap) contributes to azole resistance in a sterol-regulatory-element-binding protein SrbA-dependent way. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2017;101:3729-3741 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings demonstrate that Dap proteins indirectly sense azole stress and link the function of the azole stress-regulator SrbA with the role of Daps in azole susceptibility. ..
- Long N, Xu X, Zeng Q, Sang H, Lu L. Erg4A and Erg4B Are Required for Conidiation and Azole Resistance via Regulation of Ergosterol Biosynthesis in Aspergillus fumigatus. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2017;83: pubmed publisher..Therefore, our finding indicates that inhibition of Erg4A and Erg4B might be an effective approach for alleviating A. fumigatus infection. ..
- Lu L, Timofeyev V, Li N, Rafizadeh S, Singapuri A, Harris T, et al. Alpha-actinin2 cytoskeletal protein is required for the functional membrane localization of a Ca2+-activated K+ channel (SK2 channel). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:18402-7 pubmed publisher..The importance of our findings may transcend the area of K(+) channels, given that similar cytoskeletal interaction and anchoring may be critical for the membrane localization of other ion channels in neurons and other excitable cells. ..
- Jiang H, Liu F, Zhang S, Lu L. Putative PmrA and PmcA are important for normal growth, morphogenesis and cell wall integrity, but not for viability in Aspergillus nidulans. Microbiology. 2014;160:2387-95 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings suggest AnPmrA and AnPmcA might play important roles in growth, morphogenesis and cell wall integrity in A. nidulans in a different way from that in yeasts. ..
- Zhang C, Lu L. Precise and Efficient In-Frame Integration of an Exogenous GFP Tag in Aspergillus fumigatus by a CRISPR System. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1625:249-258 pubmed publisher..fumigatus. According to the detectable proportional fluorescence intensity, it is possible to in vivo track the A. fumigatus infection and to assess the fungal burden in relative organs. ..
- Wei X, Chen P, Gao R, Li Y, Zhang A, Liu F, et al. Screening and Characterization of a Non-cyp51A Mutation in an Aspergillus fumigatus cox10 Strain Conferring Azole Resistance. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017;61: pubmed publisher..In addition, our study suggests that genome-wide sequencing combined with alignment comparison analysis is an efficient approach to identify the contribution of single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) diversity to drug resistance. ..