Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Nanjing Medical University
- Shao W, Liu Q, He X, Liu H, Gu A, Jiang Z. Association between level of urinary trace heavy metals and obesity among children aged 6-19 years: NHANES 1999-2011. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2017;24:11573-11581 pubmed publisher..The results imply that trace heavy metals may represent critical risk factors for the development of obesity, especially in the area that the state of metal contamination is serious. ..
- Xu C, Jiang Z, Liu Q, Liu H, Gu A. Estrogen receptor beta mediates hepatotoxicity induced by perfluorooctane sulfonate in mouse. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2017;24:13414-13423 pubmed publisher..In HepG2 cells, PFOS increased ER? expression, which could be blocked by adding PHTPP (a selective antagonist of ER?). Our study thus provides new evidence that ER? mediates PFOS-induced hepatotoxicity. ..
- Liu Q, Shao W, Zhang C, Xu C, Wang Q, Liu H, et al. Organochloride pesticides modulated gut microbiota and influenced bile acid metabolism in mice. Environ Pollut. 2017;226:268-276 pubmed publisher..The findings in this study draw our attention to the hazards of chronic OCPs exposure in modulating bile acid metabolism that might cause metabolic disorders and their potential to cause related diseases in human. ..
- Yan L, Wu S, Zhang S, Ji G, Gu A. Genetic variants in telomerase reverse transcriptase (TERT) and telomerase-associated protein 1 (TEP1) and the risk of male infertility. Gene. 2014;534:139-43 pubmed publisher..243, P=0.016). In conclusion, our results give the first evidence that genetic variations of TERT rs2736100 and TEP1 rs1713449 were associated with susceptibility to male infertility. ..
- Gu A, Ji G, Yan L, Zhou Y. The 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase 1 (ogg1) decreases the vulnerability of the developing brain to DNA damage. DNA Repair (Amst). 2013;12:1094-104 pubmed publisher..In summary, we introduce here that ogg1 is fundamentally required for protecting the developing brain, which may be helpful in understanding the aetiology of congenital brain deficits. ..
- Ji G, Yan L, Wu S, Liu J, Wang L, Zhang S, et al. Bulky DNA adducts in human sperm associated with semen parameters and sperm DNA fragmentation in infertile men: a cross-sectional study. Environ Health. 2013;12:82 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggested an inverse association between sperm PAH-DNA adducts and semen quality, and provided the first epidemiologic evidence of an adverse effect of PAH-DNA adducts on sperm DNA integrity. ..
- Liu Q, Yan L, Xu C, Gu A, Zhao P, Jiang Z. Increased incidence of head and neck cancer in liver transplant recipients: a meta-analysis. BMC Cancer. 2014;14:776 pubmed publisher..488 (95% CI: 2.379-4.598) and 4.306 (95% CI: 3.020-5.592). Liver transplant recipients are at higher risk of developing head and neck cancer than the general population. ..
- Zou P, Gu A, Ji G, Zhao L, Zhao P, Lu A. The TERT rs2736100 polymorphism and cancer risk: a meta-analysis based on 25 case-control studies. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:7 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis suggests that the TERT rs2736100 polymorphism may be a risk factor for cancer. Further functional studies between this polymorphism and cancer risk are warranted. ..