Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Nanjing University
- Liu Y, Uzair Ur Rehman -, Guo Y, Liang H, Cheng R, Yang F, et al. miR-181b functions as an oncomiR in colorectal cancer by targeting PDCD4. Protein Cell. 2016;7:722-734 pubmed..Taken together, this study highlights an oncomiR role for miR-181b in regulating PDCD4 in CRC and suggests that miR-181b may be a novel molecular therapeutic target for CRC. ..
- Yang R, Liu M, Liang H, Guo S, Guo X, Yuan M, et al. miR-138-5p contributes to cell proliferation and invasion by targeting Survivin in bladder cancer cells. Mol Cancer. 2016;15:82 pubmed..Taken together, our findings provide the first clues regarding the role of miR-138-5p as a tumor suppressor in bladder cancer by inhibiting BIRC5 translation. ..
- Cui S, Liao X, Ye C, Yin X, Liu M, Hong Y, et al. ING5 suppresses breast cancer progression and is regulated by miR-24. Mol Cancer. 2017;16:89 pubmed publisher..Our findings uncover the tumor-suppressive role of ING5 and the regulatory pathway of ING5 in breast cancer and may provide insights into the molecular mechanisms of breast carcinogenesis. ..
- Cui S, Sun B, Yin X, Guo X, Chao D, Zhang C, et al. Time-course responses of circulating microRNAs to three resistance training protocols in healthy young men. Sci Rep. 2017;7:2203 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that these c-miRNAs may serve as markers for monitoring the RT responses. ..
- Liang H, Fu Z, Jiang X, Wang N, Wang F, Wang X, et al. miR-16 promotes the apoptosis of human cancer cells by targeting FEAT. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:448 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide the first clues regarding the role of miR-16 as a tumor suppressor in cancer cells through the inhibition of FEAT translation. ..
- Liang H, Yan X, Pan Y, Wang Y, Wang N, Li L, et al. MicroRNA-223 delivered by platelet-derived microvesicles promotes lung cancer cell invasion via targeting tumor suppressor EPB41L3. Mol Cancer. 2015;14:58 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates for the first time that platelet-secreted miR-223 via P-MVs can promote lung cancer cell invasion via targeting tumor suppressor EPB41L3. ..
- Fan Q, Meng X, Liang H, Zhang H, Liu X, Li L, et al. miR-10a inhibits cell proliferation and promotes cell apoptosis by targeting BCL6 in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Protein Cell. 2016;7:899-912 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrated that negatively regulating BCL6 by miR-10a suppressed the proliferation and promoted apoptosis of DLBCL cells. ..
- Liu Z, Sun F, Hong Y, Liu Y, Fen M, Yin K, et al. MEG2 is regulated by miR-181a-5p and functions as a tumour suppressor gene to suppress the proliferation and migration of gastric cancer cells. Mol Cancer. 2017;16:133 pubmed publisher..Our results revealed that MEG2 is a tumour suppressor gene and negatively regulated by miR-181a-5p in gastric cancer. ..
- Yang L, Zhang W, Wang Y, Zou T, Zhang B, Xu Y, et al. Hypoxia-induced miR-214 expression promotes tumour cell proliferation and migration by enhancing the Warburg effect in gastric carcinoma cells. Cancer Lett. 2018;414:44-56 pubmed publisher..This study highlights an important role for the hypoxia-miR-214-PRDM16/A2AR pathway in the tumourigenesis of gastric cancer and may facilitate the development of new therapeutics against hypoxic tumours. ..
- Liang H, Wang N, Wang Y, Wang F, Fu Z, Yan X, et al. Hepatitis B virus-human chimeric transcript HBx-LINE1 promotes hepatic injury via sequestering cellular microRNA-122. J Hepatol. 2016;64:278-291 pubmed publisher..Our finding illustrates a previously uncharacterized miR-122-sequestering mechanism by which HBx-LINE1 promotes hepatic cell EMT-like changes and mouse liver injury. ..
- Liu Y, Liu R, Yang F, Cheng R, Chen X, Cui S, et al. miR-19a promotes colorectal cancer proliferation and migration by targeting TIA1. Mol Cancer. 2017;16:53 pubmed publisher..This study highlights an oncomiR role for miR-19a in regulating TIA1 in CRC and suggests that miR-19a may be a novel molecular therapeutic target for CRC. ..
- Gu Y, Liu S, Zhang X, Chen G, Liang H, Yu M, et al. Oncogenic miR-19a and miR-19b co-regulate tumor suppressor MTUS1 to promote cell proliferation and migration in lung cancer. Protein Cell. 2017;8:455-466 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings have provided the first clues regarding the roles of miR-19a/b, which appear to function as oncomirs in lung cancer by downregulating MTUS1. ..
- Liang H, Liu M, Yan X, Zhou Y, Wang W, Wang X, et al. miR-193a-3p functions as a tumor suppressor in lung cancer by down-regulating ERBB4. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:926-40 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings provide the first clues regarding the role of miR-193a-3p as a tumor suppressor in lung cancer through the inhibition of ERBB4 translation. ..
- Wang Y, Chen L, Wu Z, Wang M, Jin F, Wang N, et al. miR-124-3p functions as a tumor suppressor in breast cancer by targeting CBL. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:826 pubmed..This study identified a new regulatory axis in which miR-124-3p and CBL regulate the proliferation and invasion of breast cancer cells. ..
- Lin L, Liang H, Wang Y, Yin X, Hu Y, Huang J, et al. microRNA-141 inhibits cell proliferation and invasion and promotes apoptosis by targeting hepatocyte nuclear factor-3Î² in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. BMC Cancer. 2014;14:879 pubmed publisher..miR-141 functions as a tumor suppressor in HCC cells through the inhibition of HNF-3Î² translation. ..