Affiliation: Nanjing Medical University
- Feng X, Wang X, Cao X, Xia Y, Zhou R, Chen L. Chronic Exposure of Female Mice to an Environmental Level of Perfluorooctane Sulfonate Suppresses Estrogen Synthesis Through Reduced Histone H3K14 Acetylation of the StAR Promoter Leading to Deficits in Follicular Development and Ovulation. Toxicol Sci. 2015;148:368-79 pubmed publisher..The present study provides evidence that the chronic exposure to the low-dose of PFOS through selectively reducing histone acetylation of StAR suppresses the biosynthesis of E2 to impair the follicular development and ovulation. ..
- Yin J, Sha S, Chen T, Wang C, Hong J, Jie P, et al. Sigma-1 (Ïƒâ‚) receptor deficiency reduces Î²-amyloid(25-35)-induced hippocampal neuronal cell death and cognitive deficits through suppressing phosphorylation of the NMDA receptor NR2B. Neuropharmacology. 2015;89:215-24 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the Ïƒ1R deficiency can reduce AÎ²(25-35)-induced neuronal cell death and cognitive deficits through suppressing AÎ²(25-35)-enhanced NR2B phosphorylation. ..
- Wang C, Chen T, Li G, Zhou L, Sha S, Chen L. Simvastatin prevents Î²-amyloid(25-35)-impaired neurogenesis in hippocampal dentate gyrus through Î±7nAChR-dependent cascading PI3K-Akt and increasing BDNF via reduction of farnesyl pyrophosphate. Neuropharmacology. 2015;97:122-32 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the SV-treatment in AÎ²25-35-mice via reduction of FPP can protect neurogenesis through Î±7nAChR-cascading PI3K-Akt and increasing BDNF, which may improve spatial cognitive function. ..
- Zhao L, Chen T, Wang C, Li G, Zhi W, Yin J, et al. Atorvastatin in improvement of cognitive impairments caused by amyloid Î² in mice: involvement of inflammatory reaction. BMC Neurol. 2016;16:18 pubmed publisher..These protective functions of ATV involved the pathway of reducing farnesyl pyrophosphate (FPP). ..
- Feng X, Cao X, Zhao S, Wang X, Hua X, Chen L, et al. Exposure of Pregnant Mice to Perfluorobutanesulfonate Causes Hypothyroxinemia and Developmental Abnormalities in Female Offspring. Toxicol Sci. 2017;155:409-419 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that prenatal PFBS exposure (?200?mg/kg/day) causes permanent hypothyroxinemia accompanied by deficits in perinatal growth, pubertal onset, and reproductive organ development in female mice. ..
- Zhang Z, Hong J, Zhang S, Zhang T, Sha S, Yang R, et al. Postpartum estrogen withdrawal impairs hippocampal neurogenesis and causes depression- and anxiety-like behaviors in mice. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2016;66:138-49 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that postpartum estrogen withdrawal impairs hippocampal neurogenesis in mice that show depression- and anxiety-like behaviors. ..
- Chen T, Wang C, Sha S, Zhou L, Chen L, Chen L. Simvastatin Enhances Spatial Memory and Long-Term Potentiation in Hippocampal CA1 via Upregulation of Î±7 Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:4060-4072 pubmed publisher..The findings indicate that the administration of SV through reducing FPP increases Î±7nAChR expression and Î±7nAChR-related Akt and ERK2 phosphorylation, leading to LTP enhancement and spatial cognitive potentiation. ..
- Hong J, Chen F, Wang X, Bai Y, Zhou R, Li Y, et al. Exposure of preimplantation embryos to low-dose bisphenol A impairs testes development and suppresses histone acetylation of StAR promoter to reduce production of testosterone in mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;427:101-11 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that exposure to BPA in preimplantation embryo retards the development of testes by reducing histone acetylation of the StAR promoter to disrupt the testicular testosterone synthesis. ..
- Zhang S, Hong J, Zhang T, Wu J, Chen L. Activation of Sigma-1 Receptor Alleviates Postpartum Estrogen Withdrawal-Induced "Depression" Through Restoring Hippocampal nNOS-NO-CREB Activities in Mice. Mol Neurobiol. 2017;54:3017-3030 pubmed publisher..The findings indicate that the activation of ?1R can alleviate postpartum "depression" through increasing nNOS-NO-CREB activities. ..
- Xu Q, Ji X, Chi T, Liu P, Jin G, Chen L, et al. Sigma-1 receptor in brain ischemia/reperfusion: Possible role in the NR2A-induced pathway to regulate brain-derived neurotrophic factor. J Neurol Sci. 2017;376:166-175 pubmed publisher..The activation of Ïƒ1r improves the impairment of learning and memory in the ischemia/reperfusion model, and the expression of BDNF, which may have been achieved through the NR2A-CaMKIV-TORC1 pathway. ..
- Yang R, Zhang B, Chen T, Zhang S, Chen L. Postpartum estrogen withdrawal impairs GABAergic inhibition and LTD induction in basolateral amygdala complex via down-regulation of GPR30. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2017;27:759-772 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that postpartum E2 withdrawal causes dysfunction of GABAAR-mediated inhibition in the BLA through reducing GPR30 expression, which impairs LTD induction and causes anxiety-like behaviors. ..
- Hong J, Wang L, Zhang T, Zhang B, Chen L. Sigma-1 receptor knockout increases ?-synuclein aggregation and phosphorylation with loss of dopaminergic neurons in substantia nigra. Neurobiol Aging. 2017;59:171-183 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the ?1R deficiency through enhanced aggregation and phosphorylation of ?Syn causes the loss of dopaminergic neurons leading to the decline of motor coordination. ..
- Zhang Y, Lv X, Bai Y, Zhu X, Wu X, Chao J, et al. Involvement of sigma-1 receptor in astrocyte activation induced by methamphetamine via up-regulation of its own expression. J Neuroinflammation. 2015;12:29 pubmed publisher..Understanding the regulation of Ïƒ-1R expression could provide insights into the development of potential therapeutic strategies for astrocyte activation induced by methamphetamine. ..
- Sha S, Xu J, Lu Z, Hong J, Qu W, Zhou J, et al. Lack of JWA Enhances Neurogenesis and Long-Term Potentiation in Hippocampal Dentate Gyrus Leading to Spatial Cognitive Potentiation. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:355-368 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the JWA deficiency through cascading FAK-PI3K-Akt-mTOR pathway increases the newborn neurons and enhances the LTP induction in hippocampal DG, which leads to the spatial cognitive potentiation. ..