- No Association between Traffic Density and Risk of Childhood Leukemia: a Meta-analysisXiao Xi Sun
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Anhui Provincial Hospital, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:5229-32. 2014..This implies that living in close proximity to roads with heavy traffic may not increase the risk of childhood leukemia. However, further high-quality prospective trials are needed to support these results. ..
- Staphylococcal Panton-Valentine leukocidin induces pro-inflammatory cytokine production and nuclear factor-kappa B activation in neutrophilsXiaoling Ma
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Anhui Provincial Hospital, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China
PLoS ONE 7:e34970. 2012..The ability of PVL to induce inflammatory cytokine release may be associated with the activation of NF-κB or its pore-forming properties...
- LukS-PV induces mitochondrial-mediated apoptosis and G0/G1 cell cycle arrest in human acute myeloid leukemia THP-1 cellsSu Bu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Anhui Provincial Hospital, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230001, PR China
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 45:1531-7. 2013..These data suggest that LukS-PV acts as an anti-leukemia agent and activates AML cell apoptosis via the mitochondrial pathway. Therefore, LukS-PV may be a multi-targeting drug candidate for the prevention and therapy of AML...
- Outbreak of carbapenemase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae neurosurgical site infections associated with a contaminated shaving razor used for preoperative scalp shavingYuanyuan Dai
Affiliated Provincial Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui Province, China
Am J Infect Control 42:805-6. 2014..Standardized skin preparation performed by registered nurses using sterilized instruments should be emphasized. ..
- Misidentification of vancomycin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus as coagulase-negative StaphylococcusYuanyuan Dai
Affiliated Provincial Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Lujiang Road 17, Hefei, Anhui Province 230001, PR China
J Med Microbiol 61:1454-8. 2012..This suggests that biochemical changes in S. aureus strains with reduced vancomycin susceptibility should be highlighted and that the detection of these strains requires more attention and improved techniques...
- Molecular characterization of rifampicin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolates in a Chinese teaching hospital from Anhui, ChinaWenjing Zhou
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Anhui Provincial Hospital, Hefei, China
BMC Microbiol 12:240. 2012..The aims of this study were to analyze 1) the level of rifampicin resistance in S. aureus and its correlation with mutations in the rpoB gene, and 2) the molecular characterization of rifampicin-resistant S. aureus isolates...