- Wang N, Kuang L, Han B, Li Q, Chen Y, Zhu C, et al. Follicle-stimulating hormone associates with prediabetes and diabetes in postmenopausal women. Acta Diabetol. 2016;53:227-36 pubmed publisher..01) and 3.02 (95Â % CI 1.10-8.31; PÂ <Â 0.05), respectively. Low FSH was associated with prediabetes and diabetes in postmenopausal women. The associations might be partially explained by adiposity and insulin resistance. ..
- Wang N, Wang X, Li Q, Han B, Chen Y, Zhu C, et al. The famine exposure in early life and metabolic syndrome in adulthood. Clin Nutr. 2017;36:253-259 pubmed publisher..Exposure to famine in early life had sex-specific association with MS. It also suggests the adverse effects of malnutrition might extend beyond the 'first 1000 days' and last 9 years. ..
- Jiang B, Li B, WANG Y, Han B, Wang N, Li Q, et al. The nine-year changes of the incidence and characteristics of metabolic syndrome in China: longitudinal comparisons of the two cross-sectional surveys in a newly formed urban community. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2016;15:84 pubmed publisher..Trial registration ChiCTR-ECS-14005052, http://www.chictr.org, Survey on Prevalence in East China for Metabolic Diseases and Risk Factors (SPECT-China). ..
- Wang N, Chen C, Zhao L, Chen Y, Han B, Xia F, et al. Vitamin D and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: Bi-directional Mendelian Randomization Analysis. EBioMedicine. 2018;28:187-193 pubmed publisher..Our results support the conclusion that there is no causal association between vitamin D and NAFLD using a bi-directional MR approach in a Chinese population. ..
- Wang N, Ning Z, Xia F, Chen C, Cheng J, Chen Y, et al. Exposure to famine in early life and chronic kidney diseases in adulthood. Nutr Diabetes. 2018;8:4 pubmed publisher..Prenatal exposure to famine may have long-term effects on declined GFR and the development of CKD in humans. thus, fetal stage may be an important time window to prevent CKD in later life. ..
- Wang N, Cheng J, Han B, Li Q, Chen Y, Xia F, et al. Exposure to severe famine in the prenatal or postnatal period and the development of diabetes in adulthood: an observational study. Diabetologia. 2017;60:262-269 pubmed publisher..These results from China indicate that both the prenatal and postnatal period may offer critical time windows for the determination of the risk of diabetes. ..
- Nie X, Wang N, Chen Y, Chen C, Han B, Zhu C, et al. Blood cadmium in Chinese adults and its relationships with diabetes and obesity. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2016;23:18714-23 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, BCL in Chinese adults was much higher than in other developed countries and was influenced by gender, smoking, and residential area. BCL was positively related to prediabetes while negatively related to overweight. ..
- Sun H, Wang N, Chen C, Nie X, Han B, Li Q, et al. Cadmium exposure and its association with serum uric acid and hyperuricemia. Sci Rep. 2017;7:550 pubmed publisher..05) in men. In conclusion, CdB was positively related to the serum UA level and to hyperuricemia in Chinese men but not in Chinese women. ..
- Gu T, Jiang B, Wang N, Xia F, Wang L, Gu A, et al. New insight into ectopic thyroid glands between the neck and maxillofacial region from a 42-case study. BMC Endocr Disord. 2015;15:70 pubmed publisher..The expression of calcitonin (CT) and Ki-67 was not increased, and there were no malignant cells in any sample, which could indicate that it is not easy for ectopic thyroids to become malignant between the neck and maxillofacial region. ..
- Zhao L, Cang Z, Sun H, Nie X, Wang N, Lu Y. Berberine improves glucogenesis and lipid metabolism in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. BMC Endocr Disord. 2017;17:13 pubmed publisher..The improvement may be partly mediated by weight loss. Berberine might be a good choice for patients with NAFLD and glucose metabolic disorder. Future clinical trials need to be conducted to confirm these effects. ..
- Chen C, Li Q, Nie X, Han B, Chen Y, Xia F, et al. Association of lead exposure with cardiovascular risk factors and diseases in Chinese adults. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2017;24:22275-22283 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, BLL in the range currently considered acceptable is independently associated with CVD, which is the leading cause of death in China. Further practical and cost-effective efforts to reduce lead exposure may be warranted. ..
- Zhang K, Li Q, Chen Y, Wang N, Lu Y. Visceral adiposity and renal function: an observational study from SPECT-China. Lipids Health Dis. 2017;16:205 pubmed publisher..ChiCTR-ECS-14005052 (WHO international clinical trials register platform in China). Registered 20 July 2014. ..
- Lu Y, Wang N, Chen Y, Nie X, Li Q, Han B, et al. Health-related quality of life in type-2 diabetes patients: a cross-sectional study in East China. BMC Endocr Disord. 2017;17:38 pubmed publisher..Diabetes patients had lower score of health-related quality. The healthy-related quality was associated with the age, gender, economic development of region, level of education and marital status. ..
- Nie X, Chen Y, Chen Y, Chen C, Han B, Li Q, et al. Lead and cadmium exposure, higher thyroid antibodies and thyroid dysfunction in Chinese women. Environ Pollut. 2017;230:320-328 pubmed publisher..In men, no continuous correlation was found among variables. In women, BPb and BCd levels were related to higher TSH and hypothyroid status, respectively, suggesting a Pb and Cd induction of sex-biased thyroid autoimmunity. ..
- Gao F, Jiang B, Cang Z, Wang N, Han B, Li Q, et al. Serum Uric Acid Is Associated with Erectile Dysfunction: A Population-Based Cross-Sectional Study in Chinese Men. Sci Rep. 2017;7:2087 pubmed publisher..Age and UA were independent influencing factors for ED. Besides, UA was positively correlated with FAI after adjustment for age. In conclusion, our study demonstrated the protective role that UA might play in development of ED. ..
- Zhai H, Chen C, Wang N, Chen Y, Nie X, Han B, et al. Blood lead level is associated with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in the Yangtze River Delta region of China in the context of rapid urbanization. Environ Health. 2017;16:93 pubmed publisher..168, 95%CI 0.989-4.750, P for trend = 0.063). B-Pb in Chinese residents in the Yangtze River Delta Region were much higher than in developed countries. Elevated B-Pb was associated with an increased risk of NAFLD, especially in women. ..
- Zhang K, Chen Y, Liu L, Lu M, Cheng J, Gao F, et al. The Triglycerides and Glucose Index rather than HOMA-IR is more associated with Hypogonadism in Chinese men. Sci Rep. 2017;7:15874 pubmed publisher..71, 95% CI 0.69,0.73) than for HOMA-IR (0.68, 95% CI 0.66,0.70). Thus, the TyG was significantly associated with a higher prevalence of hypogonadism in Chinese men. TyG had a better predictive power for hypogonadism than HOMA-IR. ..