- Liu Y, Huang J, Hou Y, Zhu H, Zhao S, Ding B, et al. Dietary arginine supplementation alleviates intestinal mucosal disruption induced by Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide in weaned pigs. Br J Nutr. 2008;100:552-60 pubmed publisher..Additionally, it is possible that the protective effects of Arg on the intestine are associated with decreasing the expression of intestinal pro-inflammatory cytokines through activating PPARgamma expression. ..
- Liu Y, Shi J, Lu J, Meng G, Zhu H, Hou Y, et al. Activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma potentiates pro-inflammatory cytokine production, and adrenal and somatotropic changes of weaned pigs after Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide challenge. Innate Immun. 2009;15:169-78 pubmed publisher..Our results raise doubts about the prevalently accepted anti-inflammatory role for PPAR-g activation. ..
- Zhang J, Liu Y. MicroRNA in Skeletal Muscle: Its Crucial Roles in Signal Proteins, Muscle Fiber Type, and Muscle Protein Synthesis. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2016;: pubmed....
- Wang H, Liu Y, Shi H, Wang X, Zhu H, Pi D, et al. Aspartate attenuates intestinal injury and inhibits TLR4 and NODs/NF-ÎºB and p38 signaling in weaned pigs after LPS challenge. Eur J Nutr. 2017;56:1433-1443 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Asp supplementation is associated with inhibition of TLR4 and NODs/NF-ÎºB and p38 signaling pathways and concomitant improvement of intestinal integrity under an inflammatory condition. ..
- Sun L, Pi D, Zhao L, Wang X, Zhu L, Qi D, et al. Response of Selenium and Selenogenome in Immune Tissues to LPS-Induced Inflammatory Reactions in Pigs. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2017;177:90-96 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the LPS-induced inflammatory response impaired Se metabolism and was associated with dysregulation of the selenogenome expression in immune tissues. ..
- Liu Y, Chen F, Odle J, Lin X, Zhu H, Shi H, et al. Fish oil increases muscle protein mass and modulates Akt/FOXO, TLR4, and NOD signaling in weanling piglets after lipopolysaccharide challenge. J Nutr. 2013;143:1331-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate fish oil may suppress muscle proinflammatory cytokine production via regulation of TLR and NOD signaling pathways and therefore improve muscle protein mass, possibly through maintenance of Akt/FOXO signaling. ..
- Liu Y, Wang X, Wu H, Chen S, Zhu H, Zhang J, et al. Glycine enhances muscle protein mass associated with maintaining Akt-mTOR-FOXO1 signaling and suppressing TLR4 and NOD2 signaling in piglets challenged with LPS. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2016;311:R365-73 pubmed publisher..The beneficial roles of glycine on the muscle are closely associated with maintaining Akt-mTOR-FOXO1 signaling and suppressing the activation of TLR4 and/or NOD2 signaling pathways. ..
- Liu Y, Wang X, HU C. Therapeutic Potential of Amino Acids in Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..The animal models used in dietary amino acid research in IBD are described. ..
- Leng W, Liu Y, Shi H, Li S, Zhu H, Pi D, et al. Aspartate alleviates liver injury and regulates mRNA expressions of TLR4 and NOD signaling-related genes in weaned pigs after lipopolysaccharide challenge. J Nutr Biochem. 2014;25:592-9 pubmed publisher....
- Liu Y, Wang X, Hou Y, Yin Y, Qiu Y, Wu G, et al. Roles of amino acids in preventing and treating intestinal diseases: recent studies with pig models. Amino Acids. 2017;49:1277-1291 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize several pig models in intestinal diseases and how amino acids can be used as therapeutics in treating pig and human diseases. ..