- Qin H, Cao H, Zhao Y, Zhu C, Cheng T, Wang Q, et al. InÂ vitro and inÂ vivo anti-biofilm effects of silver nanoparticles immobilized on titanium. Biomaterials. 2014;35:9114-25 pubmed publisher..Radiographic assessment, microbiological cultures, and histopathological results demonstrate the ability of the functionalized surface against bacterial infection to reduce the risk of implant-associated PPI. ..
- Geng H, Qiu J, Zhu H, Liu X. Achieving stem cell imaging and osteogenic differentiation by using nitrogen doped graphene quantum dots. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2018;29:85 pubmed publisher..This work would help give a new insight into the advantages of N-GQDs and pave the way for application of N-GQDs in regenerative medicine fields. ..
- Li Q, Wang D, Qiu J, Peng F, Liu X. Regulating the local pH level of titanium via Mg-Fe layered double hydroxides films for enhanced osteogenesis. Biomater Sci. 2018;6:1227-1237 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the potential application of the prepared Mg-Fe LDH films in enhancing the osteogenesis of implant materials while providing a new way into the design of controllable alkaline environment. ..
- Liu X, Morra M, Carpi A, Li B. Bioactive calcium silicate ceramics and coatings. Biomed Pharmacother. 2008;62:526-9 pubmed publisher..It is possible that these plasma sprayed CaO-SiO2 based ceramic coatings will be applied in clinic after they are widely and systematically researched. ..
- Jin G, Qin H, Cao H, Qiao Y, Zhao Y, Peng X, et al. Zn/Ag micro-galvanic couples formed on titanium and osseointegration effects in the presence of S.Â aureus. Biomaterials. 2015;65:22-31 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the biological behavior can be controlled by the corrosion process of the Zn/Ag micro-galvanic couples. ..
- Qian S, Liu X. Cytocompatibility of Si-incorporated TiO2 nanopores films. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2015;133:214-20 pubmed publisher..0h showed higher proliferation rate and vitality of MG63 cells than others, indicating a great potential application for titanium implants. ..
- Li J, Wang G, Wang D, Wu Q, Jiang X, Liu X. Alkali-treated titanium selectively regulating biological behaviors of bacteria, cancer cells and mesenchymal stem cells. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014;436:160-70 pubmed publisher..This alkalosis model reported in this work will help to understand the biologic behaviors of various cells on alkali-treated titanium surface and design the intended biomedical applications. ..
- Lu T, Qian S, Meng F, Ning C, Liu X. Enhanced osteogenic activity of poly ether ether ketone using calcium plasma immersion ion implantation. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;142:192-198 pubmed publisher..The obtained results indicate that PEEK surface with enhanced osteogenic activity can be produced by calcium incorporation. ..
- Zhao X, Wang T, Qian S, Liu X, Sun J, Li B. Silicon-Doped Titanium Dioxide Nanotubes Promoted Bone Formation on Titanium Implants. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:292 pubmed publisher..Therefore, they may have considerable potential for the bioactive surface modification of Ti implants. ..
- Yang T, Qian S, Qiao Y, Liu X. Cytocompatibility and antibacterial activity of titania nanotubes incorporated with gold nanoparticles. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;145:597-606 pubmed publisher..Our study illustrates a composite surface with favorable cytocompatibility and antibacterial effect and provides a promising candidate for orthopedic and dental implant. ..
- Wang X, Lu T, Wen J, Xu L, Zeng D, Wu Q, et al. Selective responses of human gingival fibroblasts and bacteria on carbon fiber reinforced polyetheretherketone with multilevel nanostructured TiO2. Biomaterials. 2016;83:207-18 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that the multilevel TiO2 nanostructures can selectively enhance soft tissue integration and inhibit bacterial reproduction, which will further support and broaden the adoption of CFRPEEK materials in dental fields. ..
- Ouyang L, Sun Z, Wang D, Qiao Y, Zhu H, Ma X, et al. Smart release of doxorubicin loaded on polyetheretherketone (PEEK) surface with 3D porous structure. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2018;163:175-183 pubmed publisher..The smart release of doxorubicin via modification with chitosan onto 3D porous PEEK surface paves the way for the application of PEEK in drug loading platform for recovering bone defect caused by malignant bone tumor. ..
- Chen S, Huang H, Zhang L, Chen Y, Liu X. Alternate release of different target species based on the same gold nanorods and monitored by cell imaging. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;145:671-678 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the selective and alternate release of different target species from the GNRs inside MCF-7 cells was monitored by fluorescent imaging, providing a potential synergistic cancer treatment. ..
- Guo J, Ning C, Liu X. Bioactive calcium phosphate silicate ceramic surface-modified PLGA for tendon-to-bone healing. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2018;164:388-395 pubmed publisher..CPS-modified samples also showed an improved osteogenic activity. The results suggested that CPS-modified PLGA films have great potentials for tendon-bone healing. ..
- Yu L, Tian Y, Qiao Y, Liu X. Mn-containing titanium surface with favorable osteogenic and antimicrobial functions synthesized by PIII&D. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2017;152:376-384 pubmed publisher..Our results here provide insight to be better understanding the relationships between additives-induced biological performance and the dose, state, and stability of the doped element. ..
- Cheng M, Qiao Y, Wang Q, Qin H, Zhang X, Liu X. Dual ions implantation of zirconium and nitrogen into magnesium alloys for enhanced corrosion resistance, antimicrobial activity and biocompatibility. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;148:200-210 pubmed publisher..These promising results suggest that the Zr-N-implanted AZ91 Mg alloy shows potential for future application in the orthopedic field. ..
- Jin G, Cao H, Qiao Y, Meng F, Zhu H, Liu X. Osteogenic activity and antibacterial effect of zinc ion implanted titanium. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2014;117:158-65 pubmed publisher..The Zn-implanted titanium with excellent osteogenic activity and partly antibacterial effect can serve as useful candidates for orthopedic and dental implants. ..
- Ding Z, Qiao Y, Peng F, Xia C, Qian S, Wang T, et al. Si-doped porous TiO2 coatings enhanced in vitro angiogenic behavior of human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2017;159:493-500 pubmed publisher..Hence, the silicon-doped TiO2 coating offers a potential solution to improve bone vascularization to achieve efficient osseointegration and restoration of function after implantation. ..
- Peng F, Wang D, Tian Y, Cao H, Qiao Y, Liu X. Sealing the Pores of PEO Coating with Mg-Al Layered Double Hydroxide: Enhanced Corrosion Resistance, Cytocompatibility and Drug Delivery Ability. Sci Rep. 2017;7:8167 pubmed publisher..10 ± 0.47%, fulfilling the request of clinical application. More importantly, the structure of Mg-Al LDH on the top of PEO coating shows excellent drug delivery ability. ..
- Yu Y, Jin G, Xue Y, Wang D, Liu X, Sun J. Multifunctions of dual Zn/Mg ion co-implanted titanium on osteogenesis, angiogenesis and bacteria inhibition for dental implants. Acta Biomater. 2017;49:590-603 pubmed publisher..We believe this paper may be of particular interest to the readers. ..