Genomes and Genes
- Coffee consumption and the risk of prostate cancer: the Ohsaki Cohort StudyQ Li
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Public Health and Forensic Medicine, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Br J Cancer 108:2381-9. 2013..Epidemiological evidence regarding the effect of coffee on the incidence of prostate cancer is inconsistent. We aimed to investigate coffee consumption and the risk of prostate cancer risk in a general Japanese population...
- History of diabetes mellitus and the risk of prostate cancer: the Ohsaki Cohort StudyQiang Li
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Public Health and Forensic Medicine, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi 980 8575, Japan
Cancer Causes Control 21:1025-32. 2010..However, no evidence from cohort studies is available for Asian populations, whose lifestyle is very different from that of westerners...
- History of cholelithiasis and the risk of prostate cancer: the Ohsaki Cohort StudyQiang Li
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Public Health and Forensic Medicine, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Int J Cancer 128:185-91. 2011..The associations were robust after adjustment for different potential confounders. This population-based prospective cohort study indicates that a history of cholelithiasis is associated with an increased incidence of prostate cancer...
- Green tea consumption and lung cancer risk: the Ohsaki studyQ Li
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Public Health and Forensic Medicine, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Br J Cancer 99:1179-84. 2008..14 (95% CI: 0.80-1.62), 1.18 (95% CI: 0.83-1.66), and 1.17 (95% CI: 0.85-1.61), respectively (P for trend=0.48). This cohort study has found no evidence that green tea consumption is associated with lung cancer...
- Risk assessment of atrazine polluted farmland and drinking water: a case studyQ Li
College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Dalian Maritime University, 1, Linghai Road, Dalian, Liaoning 116026, China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 78:187-90. 2007
- Correlation of four vascular specific growth factors with carcinogenesis and portal vein tumor thrombus formation in human hepatocellular carcinomaQ Li
Department of Hepatobiliary Oncology, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Hospital, Tianjin, China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 25:403-9. 2006..764, 0.510, 0.640 and 0.366 in HCC (P = 0.000, 0.000 0.000 and 0.003). In conclusion VEGF, Ang2 and EG-VEGF mRNA may play a role in angiogenesis and carcinogenesis of HCC. They can promote PVTT formation in HCC by modulating angiogenesis...
- Changes and relations of circulating visfatin, apelin, and resistin levels in normal, impaired glucose tolerance, and type 2 diabetic subjectsL Li
Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Key Laboratory of Laboratory Medical Diagnostics in Ministry of Education, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing, China
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 114:544-8. 2006..The present work indicates the potential link of visfatin and apelin with the pathogenesis of insulin resistance and T2DM...
- Exenatide prevents fat-induced insulin resistance and raises adiponectin expression and plasma levelsL Li
Department of Clinical Biochemistry in Chongqing Medical University and The Key Laboratory of Laboratory Medical Diagnostics in the Ministry of Education, Chongqing, China
Diabetes Obes Metab 10:921-30. 2008..Exenatide (exendin-4) can reduce blood glucose levels, increase insulin secretion and improve insulin sensitivity through mechanisms that are not completely understood...
- Efficacy of postoperative transarterial chemoembolization and portal vein chemotherapy for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma complicated by portal vein tumor thrombosis--a randomized studyQ Li
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Cancer Hospital of Tianjin Medical University, Huanhu Western Road, Hexi District, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
World J Surg 30:2004-11; discussion 2012-3. 2006....
- Murine dendritic cells modified with CXCL10 gene and tumour cell lysate mediate potent antitumour immune responses in miceB Li
Department of Urology, The Qianfoshan Hospital of Shandong Province, Jinan Shandong, China
Scand J Immunol 65:8-13. 2007..These findings provide a potential strategy to improve the efficacy of DC-based tumour vaccine...
- NF-kappaB as a molecular target in adjuvant therapy of gastrointestinal carcinomasY Y Yu
Shanghai Institute of Digestive Surgery, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200025, China
Eur J Surg Oncol 31:386-92. 2005..To describe the role of nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-kappaB) in cancer treatment...
- Effect of agrochemicals on nematode community structure in a soybean fieldL Chen
Shenyang Experimental Station of Ecology, Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenyang 110016, People s Republic of China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 71:755-60. 2003
- Body fat distribution and risk of diabetes among Chinese womenA D Rosenthal
Department of Medicine and Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:594-9. 2004..To assess the relationship between measures of central and overall obesity and risk of diabetes...
- Soyfood consumption and risk of glycosuria: a cross-sectional study within the Shanghai Women's Health StudyG Yang
Center for Health Service Research, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 8300, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 58:615-20. 2004..To assess the association between soyfood intake and risk of glycosuria...
- Effects of high intensity focused ultrasound on vascular endothelial growth factor in melanoma bearing miceX Yang
Institute of Ultrasound Engineering in Medicine, Chongqing Medical University, 400016 Chongqing, China
Technol Cancer Res Treat 3:499-503. 2004..59 pg/ml; 33.64 pg/ml vs 49.39 pg/ml; 30.37 pg/ml vs 46.68 pg/ml), but there wasn't any significant difference (P > 0.05). So HIFU can destroy VEGF in the targeted area and maybe have less of an effect on serum-VEGF than surgery...
- Postoperative transhepatic arterial chemoembolization and portal vein chemotherapy for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma: a randomized study with 131 casesQ Li
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Cancer Hospital of Tianjin Medical University, Huanhu Western Road, Hexi District, Tianjin 300060, PR China
Dig Surg 23:235-40. 2006....
- Bovine and human insulin activate CD8+-autoreactive CTL expressing both type 1 and type 2 cytokines in C57BL/6 miceH Ma
Department of Ophthalmology, Winship Cancer Center, Department of Cell Biology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Immunol 164:86-92. 2000..These results also suggest that down-regulation of insulin-specific responses by autoreactive CD8+ T cells is most likely due to the differential sensitivity of bovine and human insulin-specific CD4+ T cells...
- Improvement of insulin sensitivity and beta-cell function by nateglinide and repaglinide in type 2 diabetic patients - a randomized controlled double-blind and double-dummy multicentre clinical trialJ Li
Department of Endocrinology, State Key Lab of Biotherapy, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Diabetes Obes Metab 9:558-65. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy of nateglinide vs. repaglinide in blood glucose (BG) control and the effect on insulin resistance and beta-Cell function in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- BRE is an antiapoptotic protein in vivo and overexpressed in human hepatocellular carcinomaB C L Chan
Clinical Immunology Unit and Sir YK Pao Centre for Cancer, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong SAR, China
Oncogene 27:1208-17. 2008..Indeed, all cell lines analysed express high levels of BRE. In conclusion, BRE is antiapoptotic in vivo, and may promote tumorigenesis when overexpressed...
- Intensive blood glucose control and vascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetesAnushka Patel
N Engl J Med 358:2560-72. 2008..In patients with type 2 diabetes, the effects of intensive glucose control on vascular outcomes remain uncertain...
- Adsorption and desorption of atrazine by three soilsG Huang
Key Laboratory of Terrestrial Ecological Process, Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Post Office Box 417, Shenyang 110016, People s Republic of China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 71:655-61. 2003
- Successful allogeneic bone marrow transplantation (BMT) by injection of bone marrow cells via portal vein: stromal cells as BMT-facilitating cellsT X Fan
First Department of Pathology, Transplantation Center, Kansai Medical University, Osaka, Japan
Stem Cells 19:144-50. 2001..It is likely that donor stromal cells and HSCs trapped in the liver migrate into the recipient BM and spleen, where they form CFU-BM and CFU-S, respectively...
- Estrogenically regulated LRP16 interacts with estrogen receptor alpha and enhances the receptor's transcriptional activityW D Han
Department of Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medicine, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Endocr Relat Cancer 14:741-53. 2007..Taken together, these results present new data supporting a role for estrogenically regulated LRP16 as an ERalpha coactivator, providing a positive feedback regulatory loop for ERalpha signal transduction...
- Unrelated donor bone marrow transplantation for beta-thalassemia major: an experience from ChinaZ Feng
Department of Pediatrics, Zhujiang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:171-4. 2006....
- Effect of zinc addition to soil on nematode community structureX K Zhang
Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Post Office Box 417, Shenyang, People s Republic of China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 76:589-94. 2006
- A choice behavior for morphine reveals experience-dependent drug preference and underlying neural substrates in developing larval zebrafishS Bretaud
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 2811, USA
Neuroscience 146:1109-16. 2007..These results uncover a choice behavior for an addictive substance in larval zebrafish that is mediated through central opioid and monoaminergic neurotransmitter systems...
- Interference of cyclosporine on glucose metabolism: potential role in chronic transplantation kidney fibrosisJ Qiu
Key Laboratory of Transplant Engineering and Immunology, Ministry of Health, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, People s Republic of China
Transplant Proc 38:2065-8. 2006..To explore the fibrosis induction effects of cyclosporine (CsA) on renal tubular epithelial cells, as well as the potential mechanisms of CsA-mediated alterations of glucose metabolism in chronic allograft nephropathy (CAN)...
- Expression patterns of Doppel gene in golden hamster: quantification using real-time RT-PCRY R Li
National Animal Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, China Agricultural University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Probes 22:255-8. 2008..This is the first study to report the expression of Dpl in bone marrow of murine and the difference of expression levels of Dpl in testis between adult and neonatal hamsters...
- Beneficial effects of jejunal continuity and duodenal food passage after total gastrectomy: a retrospective study of 704 patientsY Pan
Department of Gastrointestinal Oncology, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Hospital and Institute, Huanhuxi Road, Ti Yuan Bei, Hexi District, Tianjin 300060, PR China
Eur J Surg Oncol 34:17-22. 2008..To evaluate effects of reconstruction procedures on post-operative outcomes and nutritional status after total gastrectomy...
- Simvastatin down regulates mRNA expression of RANTES and CCR5 in posttransplant renal recipients with hyperlipidemiaQ Li
Department of Nephrology, The Second Hospital of Xiamen, Nephrology, Xiamen, China
Transplant Proc 38:2899-904. 2006..Simvastatin seemed to reduce the chemokine transcripts in renal recipients with hyperlipidemia...
- Essential role of sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor 1-bearing CD8+CD44+CCR7+ T cells in acute skin allograft rejectionH Yuling
Department of Immunology, and Laboratory of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Institute of Allergy and Immune Related Diseases and Center for Medical Research, Wuhan University School of Medicine, Wuhan, China
Am J Transplant 8:1401-12. 2008..S1P1 may serve as a functional marker for CD8(+)CD44(+)CCR7(+) memory T cells. Targeting CD8(+)CD44(+)CCR7(+)S1P1(+) T cells may be a useful strategy to prolong the survival of allograft transplant...
- Mannan-modified adenovirus as a vaccine to induce antitumor immunityZ Y Ding
Department of Oncology, National Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, Cancer Center, West China Hospital, West China Medical School, Sichuan University, Sichuan, The People s Republic of China
Gene Ther 14:657-63. 2007..These observations provide insights into the design of novel vaccine strategies and might be important for the future application of antigens identified in other diseases...
- IL-27-mediated activation of natural killer cells and inflammation produced antitumour effects for human oesophageal carcinoma cellsL Liu
Research Center, Fourth Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Jiankanglu, Shijiazhuang, China
Scand J Immunol 68:22-9. 2008..These data collectively suggest that the IL-27-mediated antitumour effects produced in a mature T cell-defective condition were attributable to enhanced interferon-gamma production and natural killer activities...
- Genetic polymorphisms in MDR1 and CYP3A5 and MDR1 haplotype in mainland Chinese Han, Uygur and Kazakh ethnic groupsD Li
Department of Pharmacology, Basic Medical School, Health Science Center, Beijing Peking University, Beijing, China
J Clin Pharm Ther 32:89-95. 2007..In this study, we investigated the distribution of MDR1 and CYP3A5 SNPs among mainland Chinese Han, Uygur and Kazakh ethnic groups...
- Intensive blood pressure reduction in acute cerebral haemorrhage trial (INTERACT): a randomised pilot trialCraig S Anderson
The George Institute for International Health, The University of Sydney and Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Lancet Neurol 7:391-9. 2008..Our aim was to assess the safety and efficiency of this treatment, as a run-in phase to a larger trial...
- Robust heart rate estimation from multiple asynchronous noisy sources using signal quality indices and a Kalman filterQ Li
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, School of Medicine, Shandong University, Shangdong, People s Republic of China
Physiol Meas 29:15-32. 2008..The method provides an accurate HR estimate even in the presence of high levels of persistent noise and artifact, and during episodes of extreme bradycardia and tachycardia...
- RNAi-based screening of the human kinome identifies Akt-cooperating kinases: a new approach to designing efficacious multitargeted kinase inhibitorsS Morgan-Lappe
Abbott Laboratories, Cancer Research, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA
Oncogene 25:1340-8. 2006..Small molecules targeting CSNK1G3 and/or IPMK in addition to Akt may thus exhibit increased efficacy and have the potential for improved therapeutic index...
- Is downregulation of MHC class I antigen expression in human non-small cell lung cancer associated with prolonged survival?N Ramnath
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 55:891-9. 2006..To characterize HLA class I antigen expression in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) lesions, and to assess the clinical significance of these molecules' downregulation...
- Bimp1, a MAGUK family member linking protein kinase C activation to Bcl10-mediated NF-kappaB inductionL M McAllister-Lucas
Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 276:30589-97. 2001..These results suggest that Bimp1 links surface receptor stimulation and protein kinase C activation to Bcl10/MALT1, thus leading to NF-kappaB induction...
- Activation of EphA receptor tyrosine kinase inhibits the Ras/MAPK pathwayH Miao
Rammelkamp Center for Research, MetroHealth Campus, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 2500 MetroHealth Drive, Cleveland, Ohio 44109 USA
Nat Cell Biol 3:527-30. 2001..Our results identify EphA kinases as negative regulators of the Ras/MAPK pathway that exert anti-mitogenic functions in a cell-type-specific manner...
- Gene therapy with extracellular superoxide dismutase protects conscious rabbits against myocardial infarctionQ Li
Cardiology Research Laboratory, Division of Cardiology, University of Louisville and Jewish Hospital Heart and Lung Institute, Louisville, KY, USA
Circulation 103:1893-8. 2001..01 group II versus group I). CONCLUSIONS: Direct gene transfer of the cDNA encoding membrane-bound Ec-SOD affords powerful cardioprotection, providing proof of principle for the effectiveness of antioxidant gene therapy against MI...
- Clinical characteristics of the patients with hepatitis B combining hepatitis D infectionX Gu
Infectious Disease Center of Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 9:34-6. 2001..HDV infection can inhibit the replication of HBV DNA or HBeAg expression. The effects of direct cytotoxicity of HDV on hepatocytes may play a major pathogenic role in acute hepatitis and in aggravating illness status to severe type...
- Identification of avian alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone in the eye: temporal and spatial regulation of expression in the developing chickenK Teshigawara
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Okayama University, Okayama 700-8530, Japan
J Endocrinol 168:527-37. 2001..Embryonic expression of alpha-MSH in the RPE cells implies a possible role for the peptide in ocular development...
- Reduction in the density and expression, but not G-protein coupling, of serotonin receptors (5-HT1A) in 5-HT transporter knock-out mice: gender and brain region differencesQ Li
Laboratory of Clinical Science, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1264, USA
J Neurosci 20:7888-95. 2000..Finally, alterations in G-protein coupling to 5-HT(1A) receptors are unlikely to be involved in the desensitization of 5-HT(1A) receptors in 5-HTT -/- mice...
- IKK1-deficient mice exhibit abnormal development of skin and skeletonQ Li
The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genes Dev 13:1322-8. 1999..We conclude further that the two related kinases IKK1 and IKK2 have distinct functions and can not be substituted for each other's functions...
- Severe liver degeneration in mice lacking the IkappaB kinase 2 geneQ Li
Salk Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA Signal Pharmaceuticals, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Science 284:321-5. 1999..IKK1 associated with NF-kappaB essential modulator (IKKgamma/IKKAP1), another component of the IKK complex. These results show that IKK2 is essential for mouse development and cannot be substituted with IKK1...
- Regulation and function of family 1 and family 2 UDP-glucuronosyltransferase genes (UGT1A, UGT2B) in human oesophagusC P Strassburg
Department of Pharmacology and the Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Biochem J 338:489-98. 1999....
- Effect of propranolol and IFN-beta on the induction of MHC class II expression and cytokine production by IFN-gamma IN THP-1 human monocytic cellsQ Li
Department of Neurology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 20:39-61. 1998....
- Identification of the eukaryotic initiation factor 5A as a retinoic acid-stimulated cellular binding partner for tissue transglutaminase IIU S Singh
Department of Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 273:1946-50. 1998..The interaction between TGase and eIF-5A and its sensitivity to the nucleotide-occupied state of the TGase provides a potentially interesting connection between RA signaling and protein synthesis and/or RNA trafficking activities...
- Hepatocyte growth factor and hepatocyte growth factor receptor in the lacrimal gland, tears, and corneaQ Li
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, TX, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 37:727-39. 1996..The purpose of this study was to characterize the expression of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and HGF receptor proteins in lacrimal gland, tears, and cornea...
- Novel sulfonate derivatives: potent antimitotic agentsS L Gwaltney
Cancer Research, D47B, Building AP-10, Abbott Laboratories, 60064-6101, Abbott Park, IL, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 11:1671-3. 2001..Importantly, these compounds are also active against P-glycoprotein positive (+) cancer cells, which are resistant to many other antitumor agents...
- Link of a new type of apoptosis-inducing gene ASY/Nogo-B to human cancerQ Li
Department of Tumor Virology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita 565-0871, Japan
Oncogene 20:3929-36. 2001..Furthermore, transcription of the ASY gene was suppressed in small cell lung cancer. These results suggest that a new type of apoptosis-inducing gene, namely, ASY, may be involved in the development of certain types of cancer...
- AV.TK-mediated killing of subcutaneous tumors in situ results in effective immunization against established secondary intracranial tumor depositsT Okada
Clinical Gene Therapy Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Gene Ther 8:1315-22. 2001..TK) and ganciclovir (GCV) in rat glioma model. This vaccination effect seen with AV.TK/GCV treatment of subcutaneous tumor could even abrogate or retard growth of previously established secondary intracranial tumors...
- Variability of G1 gene of hantaviruses occurring in the Hubei Province, P.R. China from 1985 to 2000Q Li
National Key Laboratory of Virology, Institute of Virology, Wuhan University School of Medicine, Wuhan, Hubei 430071, PR China
Acta Virol 49:51-7. 2005..Our results indicate that temporal factor, represented by years 1985--2000 seems to be too short to affect markedly the genetic makeup of the hantaviruses investigated...
- Effect of NF-kappaB constitutive activation on proliferation and apoptosis of gastric cancer cell linesQ Li
Shanghai Institute of Digestive Surgery, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, China
Eur Surg Res 37:105-10. 2005..To observe whether there is constitutive activation of nuclear transcription factor kappaB (NF-kappaB) and its effect on proliferation and apoptosis of human gastric cancer cell lines...
- The structures of the human calcium channel alpha 1 subunit (CACNL1A2) and beta subunit (CACNLB3) genesY Yamada
Department of Metabolism and Clinical Nutrition, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Genomics 27:312-9. 1995..The determination of the structures of the human CACNL1A2 and CACNLB3 genes should facilitate study of the role of these genes in the development of NIDDM and also other genetic diseases such as long QT syndrome...
- Morphological alteration and biological properties of hepatocytes not related to tumorigenesis following transfection with HCV core proteinJ Gu
Department of Viral Immunology, Institute of Medical Biology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Kunming, China
J Viral Hepat 12:20-6. 2005..In conclusion, the hepatocytes transfected with the HCV core gene revealed that the core protein expressed induced pathological changes of degeneration, probably related indirectly to tumorigenicity...
- Expression of Smad2 and Smad4 in mouse uterus during the oestrous cycle and early pregnancyG Liu
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 25, Bei Si Huan Xi Lu, Haidian District, Beijing 100080, China
Placenta 25:530-7. 2004..The results suggest that Smad2 and Smad4 might be involved in the cycling changes of mouse uterus during the oestrous cycle and embryo implantation...
- Anthropometric predictors of coronary heart disease in Chinese womenX Zhang
Department of Medicine, Center for Health Services Research, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:734-40. 2004..To evaluate the associations of body size and fat distribution with incidence of coronary heart disease (CHD) in Chinese women...
- Twenty-year trends of primary liver cancer incidence rates in an urban Chinese populationX S Hao
Tianjin Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin China
Eur J Cancer Prev 12:273-9. 2003..As the observed decline is relatively small and inconsistent across sex and age groups, a continued epidemiological observation on this condition is required...
- Differential beta cell responses to hyperglycaemia and insulin resistance in two novel congenic strains of diabetes (FVB- Lepr (db)) and obese (DBA- Lep (ob)) miceS Chua
Division of Molecular Genetics and New York Obesity Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University, New York, USA
Diabetologia 45:976-90. 2002..This report documents the diabetes syndrome of two new congenic strains of mice generated by the transfer of the Lepr(db) mutation to the FVB/NJ strain and the Lep(ob) mutation to the DBA/2J strain...
- The association between PPP1R3 gene polymorphisms and type 2 diabetes mellitusG Wang
Department of Endocrinology, Third Affiliated Hospital of Beijing University, Beijing 100083, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 114:1258-62. 2001..To detect the relationship between the polymorphism of the glycogen-targeting regulatory subunit of the skeletal muscle glycogen-associated protein phosphatase 1 (PPP1R3) gene and type 2 diabetes by case-control study...
- [A comparative clinical study of carboplatin solution and carboplatin powder]Q Li
Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Institute (Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100021, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 23:170-2. 2001..CONCLUSION: Carboplatin solution is as effective as carboplatin powder for the treatment of cancer...
- [Expression of ADAM12 (Meltrin-alpha) gene in giant cell tumor of bone]B Tian
Department of Pathology, Sun Yat Sen University of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 30:350-2. 2001..CONCLUSION: Multinucleated giant cells probably originated from the fusion of mononuclear stromal cells and ADAM12 may participate in the fusion process...
- A new complex variant t(4;15;17) in acute promyelocytic leukemia: fluorescence in situ hybridization confirmation and literature reviewS Liu
Laboratory of Genetics, Hematological Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, 288 Nanjing Road, 300020, Tianjin, China
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 130:33-7. 2001..Considering reported similar cases, it is possible that 4q21 is a nonrandom breakpoint in APL with complex translocations and the gene involved in 4q21 should be investigated...
- Erythropoietin-like activity in vivo of the fusion protein rhIL-6/IL-2 (CH925)C Zhao
Department of Cell Biology, Sinochem Institute of Biotechnology, Beijing, China
Exp Hematol 24:54-8. 1996..Longitudinal studies of CH925 were performed on days 2, 4, and 10, and reticulocyte counts increased up to a peak on day 4. Activity of CH925 (100 micrograms/kg/d) corresponds to 1 U of standard rhEpo in our study...