- Chi Q, Chi X, Hu X, Wang S, Zhang H, Li S. The effects of atmospheric hydrogen sulfide on peripheral blood lymphocytes of chickens: Perspectives on inflammation, oxidative stress and energy metabolism. Environ Res. 2018;167:1-6 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this study suggests that exposure to excessive atmospheric H2S induces an inflammatory response, oxidative stress and energy metabolism dysfunction, providing a reference for comparative medicine. ..
- Wang S, Xu Z, Yin H, Min Y, Li S. Alleviation Mechanisms of Selenium on Cadmium-Spiked in Chicken Ovarian Tissue: Perspectives from Autophagy and Energy Metabolism. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2018;186:521-528 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Cd toxicity affect energy metabolism and induce autophagy, which causes damage to chicken ovary, whereas Se could protect effectively this injury induced by Cd. ..
- Xing H, Wang C, Wu H, Chen D, Li S, Xu S. Effects of atrazine and chlorpyrifos on DNA methylation in the brain and gonad of the common carp. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;168:11-9 pubmed publisher..However, the effect of ATR and CPF on the methylation status of specific genes, as well as its detailed mechanism requires further investigation. ..
- Zhu W, Zhang Z, Wang X, Xu S, Li M, Li S. Effects of avermectin on microsomal cytochrome P450 enzymes in the liver and kidneys of pigeons. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2014;38:562-9 pubmed publisher..This research provides insight into the safe use of AVM and a comprehensive evaluation of the toxicological effects of AVM in birds. ..
- Liu C, Wang X, Xu Z, Li M, Zhang Z, Min Y, et al. Effects of avermectin on heat shock proteins expression and histopathology in spleen tissues of pigeon. Chem Biol Interact. 2014;224:176-82 pubmed publisher..The reduction of Hsps in spleen implies that the tissues are damaged by long-term and excessive AVM exposure. Thus, the information presented in this study is believed to be helpful in supplementing data for further AVM toxicity study. ..
- Du Y, Zhu Y, Teng X, Zhang K, Teng X, Li S. Toxicological Effect of Manganese on NF-ÎºB/iNOS-COX-2 Signaling Pathway in Chicken Testes. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015;168:227-34 pubmed publisher..Mn exposure induced chicken testis histological changes in dose- and time-dependent manner. It indicated that Mn exposure resulted in inflammatory injury of chicken testis tissue through NF-ÎºB/iNOS-COX-2 signaling pathway. ..
- Liu S, Xu F, Fu J, Li S. Protective Roles of Selenium on Nitric Oxide and the Gene Expression of Inflammatory Cytokines Induced by Cadmium in Chicken Splenic Lymphocytes. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015;168:252-60 pubmed publisher..The biochemical parameters exhibited sensitivity to Se and Cd, suggesting that they may act as potential biomarkers for assessing the effects of Se and Cd risk on chicken splenic lymphocytes. ..
- Liu T, Yang T, Xu Z, Tan S, Pan T, Wan N, et al. MicroRNA-193b-3p regulates hepatocyte apoptosis in selenium-deficient broilers by targeting MAML1. J Inorg Biochem. 2018;186:235-245 pubmed publisher..This finding may provide new ideas for studying the mechanism of hepatocyte injury due to Se deficiency. ..
- Huang H, An Y, Jiao W, Wang J, Li S, Teng X. CHOP/caspase-3 signal pathway involves in mitigative effect of selenium on lead-induced apoptosis via endoplasmic reticulum pathway in chicken testes. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2018;25:18838-18845 pubmed publisher..Se alleviated Pb-induced oxidative stress, ER stress, and apoptosis via CHOP/caspase-3 signal pathway in the chicken testes. ..
- Lu X, Zhu Y, Bai R, Li S, Teng X. The effect of manganese-induced toxicity on the cytokine mRNA expression of chicken spleen lymphocytes in vitro. Res Vet Sci. 2015;101:165-7 pubmed publisher..The relationships between IL-6 and IL-17 and between IL-2 and IL-12Î² were strong under immunosuppression caused by excess Mn in lymphocytes. ..
- Wang X, Liu C, Khoso P, Zheng W, Li M, Li S. Autophagy response in the liver of pigeon exposed to avermectin. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2017;24:12767-12777 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggested that AVM increased the autophagic flux and that upregulation of autophagy might be closely related to the hepatotoxicity of AVM in birds. ..
- Yang Z, Liu C, Liu C, Teng X, Li S. Selenium Deficiency Mainly Influences Antioxidant Selenoproteins Expression in Broiler Immune Organs. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2016;172:209-21 pubmed publisher..The results of this study are valuable for understanding the relevance of selenoprotein activity in vivo. ..
- Yang Z, Liu C, Zheng W, Teng X, Li S. The Functions of Antioxidants and Heat Shock Proteins Are Altered in the Immune Organs of Selenium-Deficient Broiler Chickens. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2016;169:341-51 pubmed publisher..These results underscore the importance of Se in establishing an immune organ microenvironment conducive to normal function. ..
- Khoso P, Yang Z, Liu C, Li S. Selenoproteins and heat shock proteins play important roles in immunosuppression in the bursa of Fabricius of chickens with selenium deficiency. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2015;20:967-78 pubmed publisher..Thus, Se deficiency causes defects in the chicken bursa of Fabricius, and selenoproteins and Hsps play important roles in immunosuppression in the bursa of Fabricius of chickens with Se deficiency. ..
- Liu C, Zhao Y, Chen L, Zhang Z, Li M, Li S. Avermectin induced autophagy in pigeon spleen tissues. Chem Biol Interact. 2015;242:327-33 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that AVM exposure could up-regulate the level of autophagy in a dose-time-dependent manner in the pigeon spleen. ..
- Sun G, Chen Y, Liu C, Li S, Fu J. Effect of Selenium Against Lead-Induced Damage on the Gene Expression of Heat Shock Proteins and Inflammatory Cytokines in Peripheral Blood Lymphocytes of Chickens. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2016;172:474-80 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Se can antagonize the toxic effects of Pb on chickens and protect the chickens' peripheral blood lymphocytes in normal physiological function. ..
- Khoso P, Liu C, Liu C, Khoso M, Li S. Selenium Deficiency Activates Heat Shock Protein Expression in Chicken Spleen and Thymus. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2016;173:492-500 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we concluded that Se deficiency could induce a protective stress response in chicken by means of promoting the mRNA and protein expression of Hsps, thus easing the effects of Se deficiency to some extent. ..
- Wang H, Li S, Teng X. The Antagonistic Effect of Selenium on Lead-Induced Inflammatory Factors and Heat Shock Proteins mRNA Expression in Chicken Livers. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2016;171:437-444 pubmed publisher..In addition, Se alleviated Pb-induced increase of inflammation factor and HSP expression in chicken livers. ..
- Sun Z, Liu C, Pan T, Yao H, Li S. Selenium accelerates chicken dendritic cells differentiation and affects selenoproteins expression. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;77:30-37 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Se accelerates the differentiation and maturation of chicken DCs. Se regulates the differentiation and maturation of chicken DCs by selenoproteins. Selenoproteins has closely correlated to surface markers of chicken DCs. ..
- Khoso P, Pan T, Wan N, Yang Z, Liu C, Li S. Selenium Deficiency Induces Autophagy in Immune Organs of Chickens. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2017;177:159-168 pubmed publisher..In summary, Se deficiency caused changes in autophagy-related genes, which increased the autophagic process and also caused structural damages to the immune organs of chickens. ..
- Liu C, Cao Y, Zhou S, Khoso P, Li S. Avermectin induced global DNA hypomethylation and over-expression of heat shock proteins in cardiac tissues of pigeon. Pestic Biochem Physiol. 2017;135:52-58 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results underscored AVM exposure caused DNA methylation machinery malfunctions, and induced over-expression of Hsps to improve the protective function against cardiac injury. ..
- Tan S, Chi Q, Liu T, Sun Z, Min Y, Zhang Z, et al. Alleviation Mechanisms of Selenium on Cadmium-Spiked Neutrophil Injury to Chicken. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2017;178:301-309 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that Se presented partial protection on Cd-spiked neutrophils of chicken with Hsps being involved in the process of the Cd-spiked toxic effects in chicken peripheral blood neutrophils. ..
- Wan N, Xu Z, Liu T, Min Y, Li S. Ameliorative Effects of Selenium on Cadmium-Induced Injury in the Chicken Ovary: Mechanisms of Oxidative Stress and Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in Cadmium-Induced Apoptosis. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2018;184:463-473 pubmed publisher..These results are potentially valuable for finding a strategy to prevent Cd poisoning. ..
- Huang H, Wang Y, An Y, Tian Y, Li S, Teng X. Selenium for the mitigation of toxicity induced by lead in chicken testes through regulating mRNA expressions of HSPs and selenoproteins. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2017;24:14312-14321 pubmed publisher..HSP70 may be a biomarker of Pb poisoning in the chicken testes. Se alleviated Pb-induced toxicity in the chicken testes through regulating mRNA expressions of HSPs and selenoproteins. ..
- Zhang K, Zhu Y, Wang X, Zhao X, Li S, Teng X. Excess Manganese-Induced Apoptosis in Chicken Cerebrums and Embryonic Neurocytes. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2017;180:297-305 pubmed publisher..Excess Mn induced chicken cerebrum and embryonic neurocyte apoptosis. ..
- Chen J, Pan T, Wan N, Sun Z, Zhang Z, Li S. Cadmium-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress in chicken neutrophils is alleviated by selenium. J Inorg Biochem. 2017;170:169-177 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these factors played critical roles in Se-mediated chemoprevention against Cd-induced immunotoxicity. ..
- Liu R, Jia T, Cui Y, Lin H, Li S. The Protective Effect of Selenium on the Chicken Pancreas against Cadmium Toxicity via Alleviating Oxidative Stress and Autophagy. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2018;184:240-246 pubmed publisher..This study revealed a concrete mechanism for the Se antagonism of Cd and might provide a new clue for the detoxification of Cd poisoning. ..
- Li M, Zhou S, Wang X, Liu C, Li S. Effects of in vitro and in vivo avermectin exposure on alpha synuclein expression and proteasomal activity in pigeons. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;135:24-31 pubmed publisher..The information presented in this study is helpful to understand the mechanism of AVM-induced neurotoxicology in birds. ..
- Liu T, Yang T, Pan T, Liu C, Li S. Effect of Low-Selenium/High-Fat Diet on Pig Peripheral Blood Lymphocytes: Perspectives from Selenoproteins, Heat Shock Proteins, and Cytokines. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2018;183:102-113 pubmed publisher..This information is helpful for understanding the effects of low-Se and high-fat diet on pig peripheral blood lymphocytes. ..
- Pan T, Liu T, Tan S, Wan N, Zhang Y, Li S. Lower Selenoprotein T Expression and Immune Response in the Immune Organs of Broilers with Exudative Diathesis Due to Selenium Deficiency. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2018;182:364-372 pubmed publisher..In summary, these data indicated that Se-deficient diet decreased the SelT expression and its regulation of oxidative stress, and it inhibited a pleiotropic mechanism of the immune response. ..
- Bao R, Wang X, Zheng S, Zhang Q, Lin H, Li S. Selenium Supplementation Changes the Ion Profile in the Pancreas of Chickens Treated with Cadmium. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2018;181:133-141 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Cd can accumulate in the chicken pancreas and affect the ion profiles, whereas Se can ameliorate the accumulation of Cd and change the ion profiles in the chicken pancreas. ..