- Archaefructaceae, a new basal angiosperm family
Research Center of Palaeontology, Jilin University, Changchun 130026, China
Science 296:899-904. 2002
..Their reproductive axes lack petals and sepals and bear stamens in pairs below conduplicate carpels...
- An early infructescence Hyrcantha decussata (comb. nov.) from the Yixian Formation in northeastern China
David L Dilcher
Florida Museum of Natural History, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:9370-4. 2007
..The presence of this second early angiosperm genus, now known as a whole plant, is important in the discussion of its systematics and the ecology of the earliest angiosperms...
- Change in the body temperature of healthy term infant over the first 72 hours of life
Department of Pediatrics, Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310016, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci 5:486-93. 2004
..Considering other factors, such as birth weight, route of delivery, gestational age and body temperature on the 2nd and 3rd day of life, may help to correctly assess the significance of temperatures beyond the reference range...
- A relict trematosauroid (Amphibia: Temnospondyli) from the Middle Jurassic of the Junggar Basin (NW China)
Michael W Maisch
Institut und Museum für Geologie und Paläontologie, Sigwartstrasse 10, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Naturwissenschaften 91:589-93. 2004
- The first haramiyoid mammal from Asia
Michael W Maisch
Institut und Museum für Geologie und Paläontologie, Sigwartstr 10, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Naturwissenschaften 92:40-4. 2005
..It is the first vertebrate taxon from the Toutunhe Formation that is probably not endemic and lends some support to the dating of the Formation as late Middle Jurassic, probably Bathonian...
- Phenophases alter the soil respiration-temperature relationship in an oak-dominated forest
Jared L Deforest
Department of Earth, Ecological and Environmental Sciences, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606 3390, USA
Int J Biometeorol 51:135-44. 2006
..Even though the bias of annual models in winter SR was small in absolute scale, the relative error was about 91%, and may thus have significant implications for regional and continental C balance estimates...
- Cord blood bilirubin level in relation to bilirubin UDP-glucuronosyltransferase gene missense allele in Chinese neonates
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, The Women s Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Acta Paediatr 96:1622-5. 2007
..To investigate bilirubin UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT1A1) gene allele in healthy Chinese neonates, their cord bilirubin level and the subsequent hyperbilirubinemia to determine relationships among them...
- Drought during canopy development has lasting effect on annual carbon balance in a deciduous temperate forest
North Carolina State University, Department of Forestry and Environmental Resources, Raleigh, NC 27695, and Southern Global Change Program, USDA, Forest Service, Raleigh, NC 27606, U S A
New Phytol 179:818-28. 2008
..Although the drought was preceded by rain, the storage capacity of the soil seemed limited to 1-2 wk, and therefore droughts longer than this are likely to impair productivity in the region...