Affiliation: Jiangnan University
- Zhao J, Tian F, Yan S, Zhai Q, Zhang H, Chen W. Lactobacillus plantarum CCFM10 alleviating oxidative stress and restoring the gut microbiota in d-galactose-induced aging mice. Food Funct. 2018;9:917-924 pubmed publisher..Besides this, through comparing the antioxidative capacity of two strains, we also found that the antioxidative capacity of L. plantarum might be strain-specific. ..
- Hao G, Chen H, Gu Z, Zhang H, Chen W, Chen Y. Metabolic engineering of Mortierella alpina for arachidonic acid production with glycerol as carbon source. Microb Cell Fact. 2015;14:205 pubmed publisher..We reported a bioengineering strategy by improving the upstream assimilation and NADPH supply, for oleaginous fungi to efficiently accumulate fatty acid with glycerol as carbon source. ..
- Hang F, Liu P, Wang Q, Han J, Wu Z, Gao C, et al. High Milk-Clotting Activity Expressed by the Newly Isolated Paenibacillus spp. Strain BD3526. Molecules. 2016;21:73 pubmed publisher..The cleavage site of the BD3526 protease with MCA in κ-casein was located at the Met106-Ala107 bond, as determined by mass spectrometry analysis. ..
- Wang G, Xia Y, Gu Z, Zhang H, Chen Y, Chen H, et al. A new potential secretion pathway for recombinant proteins in Bacillus subtilis. Microb Cell Fact. 2015;14:179 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the non-classically secreted proteins lead the recombinant proteins to the culture medium, and thus non-classical protein secretion pathways can be exploited as a novel secretion pathway for recombinant proteins. ..
- Zhang B, Song Y, Chen H, Zhang H, Chen W. Production of trans-10,cis-12-conjugated linoleic acid using permeabilized whole-cell biocatalyst of Yarrowia lipolytica. Biotechnol Lett. 2016;38:1917-1922 pubmed..Synthesis of t10,c12-CLA was achieved using a novel method, and the production reported in this work is the highest value reported to date. ..
- Fan D, Liu Y, Hu B, Lin L, Huang L, Wang L, et al. Influence of microwave parameters and water activity on radical generation in rice starch. Food Chem. 2016;196:34-41 pubmed publisher..Through signal simulation, 3 main components were separated from the original spectra and the evolving process was investigated. The main component was the radical located on C1 position in the glucose ring. ..
- Hang F, Wang Q, Hong Q, Liu P, Wu Z, Liu Z, et al. Purification and characterization of a novel milk-clotting metalloproteinase from Paenibacillus spp. BD3526. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;85:547-54 pubmed publisher..The cleavage site of the metalloproteinase in Îº-CN was located at the Met106-Ala107 bond, as determined by mass spectrometry analysis. ..
- Tian F, Chi F, Wang G, Liu X, Zhang Q, Chen Y, et al. Lactobacillus rhamnosus CCFM1107 treatment ameliorates alcohol-induced liver injury in a mouse model of chronic alcohol feeding. J Microbiol. 2015;53:856-63 pubmed publisher..Compared with the other lactobacilli and to the drug Hu-Gan-Pian, there is a high chance that L. rhamnosus CCFM1107 provides protective effects on alcoholic liver injury by reducing oxidative stress and restoring the intestinal flora. ..
- Ai C, Zhang Q, Ding J, Wang G, Liu X, Tian F, et al. Mucosal delivery of allergen peptides expressed by Lactococcus lactis inhibit allergic responses in a BALB/c mouse model. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016;100:1915-24 pubmed publisher..These DPs could be promising candidate molecules for active vaccination and induction of tolerance, and thus promote the development of non-allergenic peptide in the treatment and prevention of allergy. ..
- Zhang Y, Navarro E, Cánovas Márquez J, Almagro L, Chen H, Chen Y, et al. A new regulatory mechanism controlling carotenogenesis in the fungus Mucor circinelloides as a target to generate ?-carotene over-producing strains by genetic engineering. Microb Cell Fact. 2016;15:99 pubmed publisher..Mutants in the repressor crgA and in the newly identified regulatory mechanism generated in this work accumulate high levels of ?-carotene and are candidates for further improvements in biotechnological ?-carotene production. ..
- Xing J, Wang G, Zhao J, Wang E, Yin B, Fang D, et al. Toxicity assessment of perfluorooctane sulfonate using acute and subchronic male C57BL/6J mouse models. Environ Pollut. 2016;210:388-96 pubmed publisher..PFOS treatment caused liver damage but only slightly affected the kidneys and spleen of the mice. This study provided insights into the toxicological effects of PFOS. ..
- Wang L, Hu L, Xu Q, Yin B, Fang D, Wang G, et al. Bifidobacterium adolescentis Exerts Strain-Specific Effects on Constipation Induced by Loperamide in BALB/c Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, B. adolescentis exhibits strain-specific effects in the alleviation of constipation, mostly due to the strains' growth rates, adhesive capacity and effects on the gut microbiome and microenvironment. ..
- Tong Y, Zhai Q, Lu W, Tian F, Zhao J, Zhang H, et al. New insights in integrated response mechanism of Lactobacillus plantarum under excessive manganese stress. Food Res Int. 2017;102:323-332 pubmed publisher..Taken altogether, the study provides new insights into the response mechanism of probiotics to similar environmental stress...
- Hu L, Lu W, Wang L, Pan M, Zhang H, Zhao J, et al. Assessment of Bifidobacterium Species Using groEL Gene on the Basis of Illumina MiSeq High-Throughput Sequencing. Genes (Basel). 2017;8: pubmed publisher..We also developed a novel protocol to assess the diversity of Bifidobacterium species in both human and rat feces through high-throughput sequencing technologies using groEL gene as a discriminative marker. ..
- Yang B, Gao H, Stanton C, Ross R, Zhang H, Chen Y, et al. Bacterial conjugated linoleic acid production and their applications. Prog Lipid Res. 2017;68:26-36 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the advances and potential in the heterologous expression of CLA genetic determinants will be presented. ..
- Shi Y, Zhai Q, Li D, Mao B, Liu X, Zhao J, et al. Restoration of cefixime-induced gut microbiota changes by Lactobacillus cocktails and fructooligosaccharides in a mouse model. Microbiol Res. 2017;200:14-24 pubmed publisher..However, fructooligasaccharide administration showed certain effects on gut microbiota restoration (such as an increase of Akkermansia), although its effect on the entire microbiome structure is not so obvious. ..
- Zhai Q, Xiao Y, Zhao J, Tian F, Zhang H, Narbad A, et al. Identification of key proteins and pathways in cadmium tolerance of Lactobacillus plantarum strains by proteomic analysis. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1182 pubmed publisher..We propose that the underlying mechanism of the exceptional Cd tolerance of CCFM8610 may be attributed to the following: (a) a specific energy-conservation survival mode; (b) mild induction of its cellular defense and repair system; ..
- Hu L, Wang L, Lu W, Zhao J, Zhang H, Chen W. Selection, Characterization and Interaction Studies of a DNA Aptamer for the Detection of Bifidobacterium bifidum. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..bifidum. The assay had a linear range of 10? to 10? cfu/mL (R² = 0.9834). Therefore, the colorimetric bioassay appears to be a promising method for the detection of B. bifidum based on the aptamer CCFM641-5. ..
- Zhai Q, Yu L, Li T, Zhu J, Zhang C, Zhao J, et al. Effect of dietary probiotic supplementation on intestinal microbiota and physiological conditions of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) under waterborne cadmium exposure. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2017;110:501-513 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that L. plantarum CCFM8610 can be considered a safe dietary supplement for the prevention of Cd-exposure-induced problems in aquaculture and food safety. ..
- Yu L, Zhai Q, Tian F, Liu X, Wang G, Zhao J, et al. Potential of Lactobacillus plantarum CCFM639 in Protecting against Aluminum Toxicity Mediated by Intestinal Barrier Function and Oxidative Stress. Nutrients. 2016;8: pubmed..Therefore, L. plantarum CCFM639 has the potential to be a dietary supplement ingredient that provides protection against Al-induced gut injury. ..
- Hang F, Wang Q, Hong Q, Gao C, Zhang H, Chen W. Structural insight into a novel neutral metalloproteinase from Paenibacillus spp. BD3526: Implications for mechanisms of rapid inactivation and calcium-dependent stability. Int J Biol Macromol. 2017;95:1082-1090 pubmed publisher..Further structural analysis showed that the observed calcium-dependent stability of the BD3526 TLP may be attributable to a partly degenerated calcium-binding site, Ca1-2, and a mutant calcium-binding site, Ca3. ..
- Yu L, Zhai Q, Yin R, Li P, Tian F, Liu X, et al. Lactobacillus plantarum CCFM639 Alleviate Trace Element Imbalance-Related Oxidative Stress in Liver and Kidney of Chronic Aluminum Exposure Mice. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2017;176:342-349 pubmed publisher..Therefore, L. plantarum CCFM639 could alleviate Al-induced hepatic and renal injuries, and the possible mechanisms may involve in regulating the imbalance of trace elements. ..
- Yu L, Zhai Q, Liu X, Wang G, Zhang Q, Zhao J, et al. Lactobacillus plantarum CCFM639 alleviates aluminium toxicity. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016;100:1891-900 pubmed publisher..This probiotic treatment also resulted in alleviation of hepatic, renal, and cerebral oxidative stress. The treatment of L. plantarum CCFM639 has potential as a therapeutic dietary strategy against acute aluminium toxicity. ..
- Zhai Q, Tian F, Zhao J, Zhang H, Narbad A, Chen W. Oral Administration of Probiotics Inhibits Absorption of the Heavy Metal Cadmium by Protecting the Intestinal Barrier. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2016;82:4429-40 pubmed publisher..A probiotic with both good Cd-binding and antioxidative capacities can be used as a daily supplement for the prevention of oral Cd exposure. ..