Affiliation: Institute of Oceanology
- Li N, Wang L, Jiang B, Li X, Guo C, Guo S, et al. Recent progress of the development of dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Eur J Med Chem. 2018;151:145-157 pubmed publisher..We also discuss strategies and structure-activity relationships for identifying potent DPP-4 inhibitors, which will provide useful information for developing potent DPP-4 drugs as type 2 diabtes treatments. ..
- Wu N, Liu J, Zhao X, Yan Z, Jiang B, Wang L, et al. Cardamonin induces apoptosis by suppressing STAT3 signaling pathway in glioblastoma stem cells. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:9667-76 pubmed publisher..This study also reveals that targeting STAT3 signal pathway is an important strategy for the treatment of human GBM. ..
- Shi D, Guo S, Jiang B, Guo C, Wang T, Zhang L, et al. HPN, a synthetic analogue of bromophenol from red alga Rhodomela confervoides: synthesis and anti-diabetic effects in C57BL/KsJ-db/db mice. Mar Drugs. 2013;11:350-62 pubmed publisher..HPN therefore have potential for development as treatments for Type 2 diabetes. ..
- Li X, Xu Q, Luo J, Wang L, Jiang B, Zhang R, et al. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of uncharged catechol derivatives as selective inhibitors of PTP1B. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;136:348-359 pubmed publisher..The similarity of its action profiling with that produced by insulin suggested its potential as a new non-insulin-dependent drug candidate. ..
- Xu Q, Luo J, Wu N, Zhang R, Shi D. BPN, a marine-derived PTP1B inhibitor, activates insulin signaling and improves insulin resistance in C2C12 myotubes. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018;106:379-386 pubmed publisher..Taken together, BPN activates insulin signaling and alleviates insulin resistance and represents a potential candidate for further development as an antidiabetic agent. ..
- Wang L, Guo C, Li X, Wang S, Jiang B, Zhao Y, et al. Discovery of Novel Bromophenol Hybrids as Potential Anticancer Agents through the Ros-Mediated Apoptotic Pathway: Design, Synthesis and Biological Evaluation. Mar Drugs. 2017;15: pubmed publisher..These results might be useful for bromophenol derivatives to be explored and developed as novel anticancer drugs. ..
- Zhang R, Yu R, Xu Q, Li X, Luo J, Jiang B, et al. Discovery and evaluation of the hybrid of bromophenol and saccharide as potent and selective protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;134:24-33 pubmed publisher..Molecule docking and molecular dynamics studies reveal the reason of selectivity for PTP1B over TCPTP. Moreover, the cell permeability and cellular activity of compound 10a are demonstrated respectively. ..
- Li X, Wang L, Shi D. The design strategy of selective PTP1B inhibitors over TCPTP. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:3343-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the design strategy of selective PTP1B inhibitors over TCPTP is also proposed. We hope our work could provide an effective way to gain specific PTP1B inhibitors. ..
- Zhao Y, Guo C, Wang L, Wang S, Li X, Jiang B, et al. A novel fluorinated thiosemicarbazone derivative- 2-(3,4-difluorobenzylidene) hydrazinecarbothioamide induces apoptosis in human A549 lung cancer cells via ROS-mediated mitochondria-dependent pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:65-71 pubmed publisher..As a result, it is indicated that compound 1 induced apoptosis on A549 cells was realized by regulating ROS-mediated mitochondria-dependent signaling pathway. ..
- Zhang R, Song L, Jiang B, Wang L, Wu N, Guo S, et al. Design of antitumor agents containing carbohydrate based on GLUT1, and evaluation of antiproliferative activity. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:2488-2492 pubmed publisher..Moreover, compound 9 blocked A549 cells at the G0/G1 phase. The cellular uptake studies suggested that ribose-modified compound 9 could be taken through GLUT1 in A549 cell line. ..