Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institute of Hydrobiology
- Gan Z, Yang Y, Chen S, Hou J, Laghari Z, Huang B, et al. Unique Composition of Intronless and Intron-Containing Type I IFNs in the Tibetan Frog Nanorana parkeri Provides New Evidence To Support Independent Retroposition Hypothesis for Type I IFN Genes in Amphibians. J Immunol. 2018;201:3329-3342 pubmed publisher
- Huang W, Wang Z, Liang Y, Nie P, Huang B. Characterization of MyD88 in Japanese eel, Anguilla japonica. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;81:374-382 pubmed publisher..Taken together, sequence characterization, gene expression and cellular distribution data obtained in this study suggest that AjMyD88, similar to its mammalian ortholog, plays an important role in eel immune response against bacteria. ..
- Lu X, Chen Y, Cui Z, Zhang X, Lu L, Li S, et al. Characterization of grass carp CD40 and CD154 genes and the association between their polymorphisms and resistance to grass carp reovirus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;81:304-308 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that CD40 and CD154 play important roles in the responses to GCRV in grass carp. The SNP markers in the CD40 associated with the resistance to GCRV may facilitate the disease-resistant breeding of grass carp. ..
- Fan Y, Chang M, Ma J, LaPatra S, Hu Y, Huang L, et al. Transcriptomic analysis of the host response to an iridovirus infection in Chinese giant salamander, Andrias davidianus. Vet Res. 2015;46:136 pubmed publisher..The results reported herein provided significant and new EST information that could contribute greatly in investigations into the molecular functions of immune genes in the Chinese giant salamander. ..
- Li N, Qin T, Zhang X, Huang B, Liu Z, Xie H, et al. Gene deletion strategy to examine the involvement of the two chondroitin lyases in Flavobacterium columnare virulence. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2015;81:7394-402 pubmed publisher..The gene deletion method developed in this study may be employed to investigate the virulence factors of this bacterium and may have wide application in many other members of the phylum Bacteroidetes. ..
- Gan Z, Wang B, Tang J, Lu Y, Jian J, Wu Z, et al. Molecular characterization and expression of CD2 in Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) in response to Streptococcus agalactiae stimulus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;50:101-8 pubmed publisher..This is the first report on the expression of CD2 induced by bacteria vaccination in teleosts. These findings indicated that On-CD2 may play an important role in the immune response to intracellular bacteria in Nile tilapia. ..
- Fu J, Chen S, Zou P, Huang B, Guo Z, Zeng L, et al. IFN-? in turtle: conservation in sequence and signalling and role in inhibiting iridovirus replication in Chinese soft-shelled turtle Pelodiscus sinensis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2014;43:87-95 pubmed publisher..However, the mechanism involved in the antiviral activity may require further investigation. ..
- Gan Z, Chen S, Hou J, Huo H, Zhang X, Ruan B, et al. Molecular and functional characterization of peptidoglycan-recognition protein SC2 (PGRP-SC2) from Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) involved in the immune response to Streptococcus agalactiae. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;54:1-10 pubmed publisher..agalactiae. These findings indicated that On-PGRP-SC2 may play important roles in the immune response to S. agalactiae in Nile tilapia. ..
- Huang B, Qi Z, Xu Z, Nie P. Global characterization of interferon regulatory factor (IRF) genes in vertebrates: glimpse of the diversification in evolution. BMC Immunol. 2010;11:22 pubmed publisher..However, the ten IRF family members in vertebrates and those IRF-like genes in non-vertebrate deuterostomes were quite different in those analyzed characters, as they might have undergone different patterns of evolution. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhao L, Chen W, Huang Y, Yang L, Sarathbabu V, et al. Complete genome sequence analysis of the fish pathogen Flavobacterium columnare provides insights into antibiotic resistance and pathogenicity related genes. Microb Pathog. 2017;111:203-211 pubmed publisher..The predicted antibiotic resistance and pathogenicity related genes will shed a new light on the development of more efficient preventional strategies against the infection of F. columnare, which is a major worldwide fish pathogen. ..
- Laghari Z, Li L, Chen S, Huo H, Huang B, Zhou Y, et al. Composition and transcription of all interferon regulatory factors (IRFs), IRF1‒11 in a perciform fish, the mandarin fish, Siniperca chuatsi. Dev Comp Immunol. 2018;81:127-140 pubmed publisher..It is considered that the present study provides the first detailed analysis on all IRF members in an aquaculture species of fish, and can be served as the base for further investigation on the role of IRFs in teleost fish. ..
- Zou P, Nie P. Zebrafish as a Model for the Study of Host-Virus Interactions. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1656:57-78 pubmed publisher..These protocols should provide efficient and typical means to address host-virus interactions in a more general biological sense. ..
- Gan Z, Chen S, Huang B, Hou J, Nie P. Intronless and intron-containing type I IFN genes coexist in amphibian Xenopus tropicalis: Insights into the origin and evolution of type I IFNs in vertebrates. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;67:166-176 pubmed publisher..This study thus contributes to a better understanding of the origin and evolution of type I IFNs in vertebrates, and of the occurrence of intronless I IFNs in higher vertebrates. ..