Affiliation: Institute of Zoology
- Gao F, Li G, Liu C, Gao H, Wang H, Liu W, et al. Autophagy regulates testosterone synthesis by facilitating cholesterol uptake in Leydig cells. J Cell Biol. 2018;217:2103-2119 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results reveal that autophagy promotes cholesterol uptake into Leydig cells by eliminating NHERF2, suggesting that dysfunction of autophagy might be causal in the loss of testosterone production in some patients. ..
- Zhao H, Wang Q, Liu C, Shang Y, Wen F, Wang F, et al. A Role for the Respiratory Chain in Regulating Meiosis Initiation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2018;208:1181-1194 pubmed publisher..In summary, our studies unveiled the close relationship between mitochondria and sporulation, and uncover a novel meiosis initiation pathway that is regulated by the respiratory chain. ..
- Liu Y, Liu C, Chang Z, Wadas B, Brower C, Song Z, et al. Degradation of the Separase-cleaved Rec8, a Meiotic Cohesin Subunit, by the N-end Rule Pathway. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:7426-38 pubmed publisher..These effects ofAte1ablation are inferred to be caused, at least in part, by the failure to destroy the C-terminal fragment of Rec8 in the absence of N-terminal arginylation. ..
- Yin H, Zheng L, Liu W, Zhang D, Li W, Yuan L. Rootletin prevents Cep68 from VHL-mediated proteasomal degradation to maintain centrosome cohesion. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2017;1864:645-654 pubmed publisher..We propose that the archetypal linker protein Rootletin maintains centrosome cohesion in part through inhibition of VHL-mediated Cep68 degradation. ..
- Liu C, Song Z, Wang L, Yu H, Liu W, Shang Y, et al. Sirt1 regulates acrosome biogenesis by modulating autophagic flux during spermiogenesis in mice. Development. 2017;144:441-451 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings reveal that Sirt1 has a novel physiological function in acrosome biogenesis. ..
- Li S, Liu C, Gu L, Wang L, Shang Y, Liu Q, et al. Autophagy protects cardiomyocytes from the myocardial ischaemia-reperfusion injury through the clearance of CLP36. Open Biol. 2016;6: pubmed publisher..Altogether, this work reveals autophagy may protect cardiomyocytes from the MI/R injury through the clearance of CLP36, and these findings define a novel relationship between autophagy and the regulation of stress fibre in heart. ..
- Gao F, Shang Y, Liu W, Li W. The linkage specificity determination of Ube2g2-gp78 mediated polyubiquitination. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;473:1139-1143 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies uncover a novel mechanism underlying the linkage specificity determination of longer polyubiquitin chains. ..