Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institute of Biophysics
- dRecQ4 is required for DNA synthesis and essential for cell proliferation in DrosophilaYanjuan Xu
State Key Laboratory of Brain and Cognitive Science, Institute of Biophysics, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 4:e6107. 2009..Mutations in three of the five known RecQ family members in humans, BLM, WRN and RecQ4, lead to disorders that are characterized by predisposition to cancer and premature aging...
- Uif, a large transmembrane protein with EGF-like repeats, can antagonize Notch signaling in DrosophilaGengqiang Xie
State Key Laboratory of Brain and Cognitive Science, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e36362. 2012..The diversity, specificity and sensitivity of the Notch signaling output are regulated at distinct levels, particularly at the level of ligand-receptor interactions...
- Distance measurements via the morphogen gradient of Bicoid in Drosophila embryosFeng He
State Key Laboratory of Brain and Cognitive Science Institute of Biophysics Chinese Academy of Sciences 15 Datun Road Beijing 100101, China
BMC Dev Biol 10:80. 2010..Despite extensive studies of this morphogen, how embryo geometry may affect gradient formation and target responses has not been investigated experimentally...
- The Werner syndrome protein is required for recruitment of chromatin assembly factor 1 following DNA damageR Jiao
National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules and State Key Laboratory of Brain and Cognitive Science, Institute of Biophysics, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Oncogene 26:3811-22. 2007..Thus, our results demonstrate that WRN responds to DNA damage before CAF-1 and suggest that WRN may recruit CAF-1, via interaction with hp150, to DNA damage sites during DNA synthesis...
- Headless flies generated by developmental pathway interferenceR Jiao
Institute for Molecular Biology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstr 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Development 128:3307-19. 2001....