Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institute of Hydrobiology
- Gao F, Lu W, Wang Y, Zhang Q, Zhang Y, Mou C, et al. Differential expression and functional diversification of diverse immunoglobulin domain-containing protein (DICP) family in three gynogenetic clones of gibel carp. Dev Comp Immunol. 2018;84:396-407 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that gible carp DICPs, as inhibitory receptors, might specifically recognize lipid A, and then interact with SHP-1 and SHP-2 to inhibit the induction of IFN and ISGs. ..
- Xiong S, Jing J, Wu J, Ma W, Dawar F, Mei J, et al. Characterization and sexual dimorphic expression of Cytochrome P450 genes in the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonad axis of yellow catfish. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2015;216:90-7 pubmed publisher..Our work is helpful for understanding molecular evolution of CYP genes in vertebrates and the mechanism of sexual dimorphism in teleosts. ..
- Zhang Q, Xiao F, Li Z, Gui J, Mao J, Chinchar V. Characterization of an iridovirus from the cultured pig frog Rana grylio with lethal syndrome. Dis Aquat Organ. 2001;48:27-36 pubmed..These results suggest that RGV should be considered a strain of FV3, and indicate that FV3-like iridoviruses are capable of causing widespread, severe disease among cultured frogs. ..
- Liu Z, Zhang X, Wang W, Zhang J, Li Z, Gui J. Molecular characterization and expression of an oocyte-specific histone stem-loop binding protein in Carassius gibelio. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2015;190:46-53 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our current data suggest that C. gibelio SLBP2 might play significant role in the early oogenesis and oocyte growth. ..
- Zhang Q, Li Z, Gui J. Isolation of a lethal rhabdovirus from the cultured Chinese sucker Myxocyprinus asiaticus. Dis Aquat Organ. 2000;42:1-9 pubmed..At present it is not known if this is a novel virus species or if it is an isolate of a known fish rhabdovirus. Until a confirmed identification can be made, we will temporarily refer to this virus as Chinese sucker rhabdovirus (CSRV). ..
- Gui J, Zhou L. Genetic basis and breeding application of clonal diversity and dual reproduction modes in polyploid Carassius auratus gibelio. Sci China Life Sci. 2010;53:409-15 pubmed publisher..As a novel evolutionary developmental (Evo-Devo) biology model, this work highlights future perspectives about the functional divergence of duplicated genes and the sexual origin of vertebrate animals. ..
- Wang B, Zhang Y, Liu T, Gui J. Sequence analysis and subcellular localization of crucian carp Carassius auratus viperin. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014;39:168-77 pubmed publisher..In addition, Coimmunoprecipitation assays show that crucian carp viperin proteins are able to self-associate. These results together indicate that similar to mammalian homologs, fish viperins likely play important roles in IFN response. ..
- Wang B, Zhang Y, Liu T, Shi J, Sun F, Gui J. Fish viperin exerts a conserved antiviral function through RLR-triggered IFN signaling pathway. Dev Comp Immunol. 2014;47:140-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that similar to mammalian homologs, crucian carp viperin exerts a conserved function through RLR-triggered IFN signaling pathway. ..
- Sun Z, Zhou L, Li Z, Liu X, Li S, Wang Y, et al. Sexual dimorphic expression of dnd in germ cells during sex reversal and its requirement for primordial germ cell survival in protogynous hermaphroditic grouper. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;208-209:47-57 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the current data indicate that Ecdnd is essential for PGCs survival and may serve as a useful germ cell marker during gametogenesis in hermaphroditic grouper. ..
- Li S, Liu W, Li Z, Wang Y, Zhou L, Yi M, et al. Molecular characterization and expression pattern of a germ cell marker gene dnd in gibel carp (Carassius gibelio). Gene. 2016;591:183-190 pubmed publisher..Therefore, gibel carp Dnd is a conserved germ cell marker during gametogenesis, and its maternal transcript is also a useful marker for tracing PGC specification and migration. ..
- Mao M, Jiang J, Jiang Z, Liu R, Zhang Q, Gui J. Molecular characterization of caspase members and expression response to Nervous Necrosis Virus outbreak in Pacific cod. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;74:559-566 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that caspases in Pacific cod should be diverse in their structure and function, and their unique features and response to NNV outbreak add more evidences for the specificity of immune system in Pacific cod. ..
- Mei J, Liu S, Li Z, Gui J. Mtmr8 is essential for vasculature development in zebrafish embryos. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:96 pubmed publisher..Here, we attempt to explore the function of Mtmr8 in vasculature development parallel to its function in muscle development...
- Li S, Liu W, Li Z, Li W, Wang Y, Zhou L, et al. greb1 regulates convergent extension movement and pituitary development in zebrafish. Gene. 2017;627:176-187 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our present study indicates that greb1 is a novel regulator for CE movement and pituitary development in zebrafish. ..
- Guo W, Xie B, Xiong S, Liang X, Gui J, Mei J. miR-34a Regulates Sperm Motility in Zebrafish. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..This study will help in understanding in the role of the miR-34 family during spermatogenesis and will set paths for further studies. ..
- Xiong S, Mei J, Huang P, Jing J, Li Z, Kang J, et al. Essential roles of stat5.1/stat5b in controlling fish somatic growth. J Genet Genomics. 2017;44:577-585 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we found a novel molecular interaction between Stat5.1/Stat5b and GH, and unraveled a positive feedback loop Stat5.1-GH-Stat5.1 which is necessary for somatic growth and body development in zebrafish. ..
- Li X, Zhang X, Li Z, Hong W, Liu W, Zhang J, et al. Evolutionary history of two divergent Dmrt1 genes reveals two rounds of polyploidy origins in gibel carp. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2014;78:96-104 pubmed publisher..51 Mya, which lead to the occurrence of the hexaploid gibel carp. Therefore, this study provides clear genetic evidence for understanding occurrence time and historical process of polyploidy in polyploid vertebrates. ..