Guan Hua Du
Affiliation: Institute of Materia Medica
- Zhang Z, Deng A, Wu L, Fang L, Yu J, Li Z, et al. Syntheses and structure-activity relationships in cytotoxicities of 13-substituted quaternary coptisine derivatives. Eur J Med Chem. 2014;86:542-9 pubmed publisher..However, their low cytotoxicity could make them useful as drug candidates for other diseases (bowel, etc). ..
- Wang L, Yu Z, Ren S, Song J, Wang J, Du G. Metabolic reprogramming in colon cancer reversed by DHTS through regulating PTEN/AKT/HIF1α mediated signal pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta Gen Subj. 2018;1862:2281-2292 pubmed publisher..The study is the first to report the reverse of metabolic reprogramming by DHTS in colon cancer. Meantime, SIRT3/PTEN/AKT/HIF1α mediated signal pathway plays a critical role during this process. ..
- Wang X, Huang H, Ma X, Wang L, Liu C, Hou B, et al. Anti-inflammatory effects and mechanism of the total flavonoids from Artemisia scoparia Waldst. et kit. in vitro and in vivo. Biomed Pharmacother. 2018;104:390-403 pubmed publisher..The anti-inflammatory effect of ASTF might attribute to its suppression of NF-?B and MAPK signaling pathway. ..
- Gong N, Zhang B, Hu F, Du H, Du G, Gao Z, et al. Development of a new certified reference material of diosgenin using mass balance approach and Coulometric titration method. Steroids. 2014;92:25-31 pubmed publisher..80% with an expanded uncertainty of 0.37% (k=2). The new CRM of diosgenin can be used to validate analytical methods, improve the accuracy of measurement data and control the quality of diosgenin in relevant pharmaceutical formulations. ..
- Zhao G, Zhang W, Li L, Wu S, Du G. Pinocembrin protects the brain against ischemia-reperfusion injury and reverses the autophagy dysfunction in the penumbra area. Molecules. 2014;19:15786-98 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that pinocembrin could protect the brain against I/R injury, and the possible mechanisms might be attributed to inhibition of apoptosis and reversed autophagy activity in penumbra area. ..
- Li C, Xu L, Lian W, Pang X, Jia H, Liu A, et al. Anti-influenza effect and action mechanisms of the chemical constituent gallocatechin-7-gallate from Pithecellobium clypearia Benth. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2018;39:1913-1922 pubmed publisher..As a novel CLK1 inhibitor with potent anti-influenza activity in vitro and in vivo, J10688 could be a promising antiviral drug for the therapy of influenza A virus infection. ..
- Liu J, Fang Y, Yang L, Qin X, Du G, Gao X. A qualitative, and quantitative determination and pharmacokinetic study of four polyacetylenes from Radix Bupleuri by UPLC-PDA-MS. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2015;111:257-65 pubmed publisher..5 to 90 g/kg herb. In summary, polyacetylenes appear to be the key components responsible for the antidepressant activity of RB, and could be used as chemical standards for the quality evaluation of RB. ..
- Zhang W, Song J, Zhang X, Zhou Q, He G, Xu X, et al. Salvianolic acid A attenuates ischemia reperfusion induced rat brain damage by protecting the blood brain barrier through MMP-9 inhibition and anti-inflammation. Chin J Nat Med. 2018;16:184-193 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that SAA could be a promising agent to attenuate cerebral ischemia reperfusion injury through MMP-9 inhibition and anti-inflammation activities. ..
- Liu C, Wu Y, Feng G, Gao X, Zhou Y, Hou W, et al. Plasma-metabolite-biomarkers for the therapeutic response in depressed patients by the traditional Chinese medicine formula Xiaoyaosan: A (1)H NMR-based metabolomics approach. J Affect Disord. 2015;185:156-63 pubmed publisher..Application of these biomarkers in clinical practice may help to optimize the diagnosis of depression and to evaluate the efficacy of Xiaoyaosan. Metabolomics is promising as a biomarker discovery tool. ..
- Chen J, Shi B, Xiang H, Hou W, Qin X, Tian J, et al. (1)H NMR-based metabolic profiling of liver in chronic unpredictable mild stress rats with genipin treatment. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2015;115:150-8 pubmed publisher..These biomakers were involved in metabolism pathways such as glycolysis/gluconeogensis, tricarboxylic acid (TCA) cycle and lipid metabolism, which may be helpful for understanding of antidepressant mechanism of genipin. ..
- Li K, Hao X, Gao F, Wang G, Zhang Z, Du G, et al. Identification of Cultured and Natural Astragalus Root Based on Monosaccharide Mapping. Molecules. 2015;20:16466-90 pubmed publisher..5:1 in natural RA. This research not only lays a foundation for screening indicators for RA, but also provided new ways of evaluating the quality of Chinese medicinal materials in which saccharides are the main bioactive substances. ..
- Li Z, Sun H, Xing J, Qin X, Du G. Chemical and biological comparison of raw and vinegar-baked Radix Bupleuri. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015;165:20-8 pubmed publisher..In order to ensure the therapeutic effect and safety of TCM, the effect of different vinegars on processing of herbal drugs should be further studied. ..
- Sun L, Zhao R, Lan X, Chen R, Wang S, Du G. Goniolactone C, a styryl lactone derivative, inhibits PDGF-BB-induced vascular smooth muscle cell migration and proliferation via PDGFR/ERK signaling. Molecules. 2014;19:19501-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, the results of the present study suggest a novel adjunctive pharmacological strategy that may be used to prevent angioplasty-related restenosis. ..
- Zhang X, Sun J, Xin W, Li Y, Ni L, Ma X, et al. Anti-inflammation effect of methyl salicylate 2-O-Î²-D-lactoside on adjuvant induced-arthritis rats and lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-treated murine macrophages RAW264.7 cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2015;25:88-95 pubmed publisher..7 cells by blocking phosphorylation of p38 and ERK. Our study suggests that MSL may be effective in the treatment of inflammatory diseases by inhibiting the pro-inflammatory cytokine production and regulating the MAPK signal pathway. ..
- He Y, Yan Y, Zhang T, Ma Y, Zhang W, Wu P, et al. Lack of dose dependent kinetics of methyl salicylate-2-O-Î²-D-lactoside in rhesus monkeys after oral administration. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015;164:293-300 pubmed publisher..In addition, a rapid, sensitive and reliable HPLC method was established and demonstrated for the research of traditional Chinese medicine in this study. ..
- Ma Y, Li L, Song J, Niu Z, Liu H, Zhou X, et al. A novel embolic middle cerebral artery occlusion model induced by thrombus formed in common carotid artery in rat. J Neurol Sci. 2015;359:275-9 pubmed publisher..The techniques presented in this paper would help investigators to overcome technical problems for stroke research. ..
- Yang R, Zhao G, Wang D, Pang X, Wang S, Fang J, et al. DL0410 can reverse cognitive impairment, synaptic loss and reduce plaque load in APP/PS1 transgenic mice. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2015;139:15-26 pubmed publisher..As a result, DL0410 could be considered as a candidate drug for the therapy of AD. ..
- Gao L, Li C, Yang R, Lian W, Fang J, Pang X, et al. Ameliorative effects of baicalein in MPTP-induced mouse model of Parkinson's disease: A microarray study. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2015;133:155-63 pubmed publisher..Our results provide experimental evidence for the potential use of baicalein in the treatment of PD, and revealed gene expression profiles, biological processes and pathways influenced by baicalein in MPTP-treated mice. ..
- Tian J, Peng G, Gao X, Zhou Y, Xing J, Qin X, et al. Dynamic analysis of the endogenous metabolites in depressed patients treated with TCM formula Xiaoyaosan using urinary (1)H NMR-based metabolomics. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;158 Pt A:1-10 pubmed publisher..These metabolites may be used as biomarkers for the diagnosis of depressive disorders or the evaluation of the antidepressant as well as the exploration of the mechanism of depression. ..
- Kang J, Li L, Wang D, Wang H, Liu C, Li B, et al. Isolation and bioactivity of diterpenoids from the roots of Salvia grandifolia. Phytochemistry. 2015;116:337-348 pubmed publisher..Grandifolia B and isograndifoliol both exhibited dose-dependent vasorelaxant effects on rat aortic rings, preconstricted by KCl or norepinephrine, with EC50 values of 36.36-74.51Î¼g/mL. ..
- Li W, Liu J, Fu W, Zheng X, Ren L, Liu S, et al. 3-O-acetyl-11-keto-β-boswellic acid exerts anti-tumor effects in glioblastoma by arresting cell cycle at G2/M phase. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2018;37:132 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that AKBA (molecular weight, 512.7 Da) might be a promising chemotherapy drug in the treatment of GBM. ..
- Zhang D, Huang C, Xin W, Ma X, Zhang W, Zhang T, et al. Preclinical pharmacokinetic evaluation and metabolites identification of methyl salicylate-2-O-Î²-d-lactoside in rats using LC-MS/MS and Q-TOF-MS methods. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2015;109:1-10 pubmed publisher..The biological samples were quantified by UPLC-MS/MS and the metabolites in urine and feces were identified by using Q-TOF-MS. These results will support future investigations leading to clinical development of this drug. ..
- Zu M, Li C, Fang J, Lian W, Liu A, Zheng L, et al. Drug Discovery of Host CLK1 Inhibitors for Influenza Treatment. Molecules. 2015;20:19735-47 pubmed publisher..These findings will provide important information for new drug design and development in influenza treatment, and CLK1 may be a potent drug target for anti-influenza drug screening and discovery. ..
- Li K, Gao F, Li Z, Qin X, Sun H, Xing J, et al. Potential quality evaluation method for Radix Astragali based on sweetness indicators. Molecules. 2015;20:3129-45 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that sweetness is one of the most important quality attributes of RA and thus provide a scientific basis for the utility of the sweetness indicator in quality assessment of this Chinese herb. ..
- Zhao Y, Chu X, Pang X, Wang S, Du G. Antithrombotic effects of the effective components group of Xiaoshuantongluo formula in vivo and in vitro. Chin J Nat Med. 2015;13:99-107 pubmed publisher..The ECG-guided methodology was validated as a feasible tool in TCM research. ..
- Wang H, Wang Y, Zhao L, Cui Q, Wang Y, Du G. Pinocembrin attenuates MPP(+)-induced neurotoxicity by the induction of heme oxygenase-1 through ERK1/2 pathway. Neurosci Lett. 2016;612:104-109 pubmed publisher..These data indicated that PB might provide a valuable therapeutic strategy for the treatment of PD. ..
- Wu P, Yan Y, Ma L, Hou B, He Y, Zhang L, et al. Effects of the Nrf2 Protein Modulator Salvianolic Acid A Alone or Combined with Metformin on Diabetes-associated Macrovascular and Renal Injury. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:22288-22301 pubmed..These findings suggested that polyphenol Nrf2 modulators, especially combined with drugs activating AMP-activated protein kinase, including hypoglycemic drugs, are worthy of further investigation to combat diabetic complications. ..
- Zhao Y, Mu X, Du G. Microtubule-stabilizing agents: New drug discovery and cancer therapy. Pharmacol Ther. 2016;162:134-43 pubmed publisher..The increasing number of natural MSAs indicates the potential discovery of more novel, natural MSAs with different structural bases, which will further promote the development of anticancer chemotherapy. ..
- Sun L, Zhao R, Zhang L, Zhang W, He G, Yang S, et al. Prevention of vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and injury-induced neointimal hyperplasia by CREB-mediated p21 induction: An insight from a plant polyphenol. Biochem Pharmacol. 2016;103:40-52 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that SAA promotes p21 expression in SMCs through the cAMP/PKA/CREB signaling cascade in vitro and prevents injury-induced neointimal hyperplasia. ..
- Gong N, Zhang G, Jin G, Du G, Lu Y. Polymorphs and Versatile Solvates of 7-Hydroxyisoflavone. J Pharm Sci. 2016;105:1387-97 pubmed publisher..Hydrogen bond played an important role in the formation of polymorphs. From this study, we can predict that more solvates could be cultivated in other polarity solvents such as isopropanol or 2-butanol at appropriate conditions. ..
- Du G, Sun L, Zhao R, Du L, Song J, Zhang L, et al. Polyphenols: Potential source of drugs for the treatment of ischaemic heart disease. Pharmacol Ther. 2016;162:23-34 pubmed publisher..In the present review, we summarize the pharmacological effects and mechanisms of polyphenols reported after 2000, and we analyse the benefits or druggability of these compounds for ischaemic heart diseases. ..
- Gong W, Zhou Y, Li X, Gao X, Tian J, Qin X, et al. Neuroprotective and Cytotoxic Phthalides from Angelicae Sinensis Radix. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed publisher..The result showed that ligustilide (1), Z-butylidenephthalide (3) and tokinolide A (6) exhibited significant neuroprotective effects. ..
- Lu H, Zhang L, Gu L, Hou B, Du G. Oxymatrine Induces Liver Injury through JNK Signalling Pathway Mediated by TNF-? In Vivo. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2016;119:405-11 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results suggest that OMT at a dose of 320 mg/kg leads to liver damage and is related to the activation of JNK signalling pathway mediated by TNF-? in the liver of mice. ..
- Pang X, Kang D, Fang J, Zhao Y, Xu L, Lian W, et al. Network pharmacology-based analysis of Chinese herbal Naodesheng formula for application to Alzheimer's disease. Chin J Nat Med. 2018;16:53-62 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this represented the first to study the mechanism of NDS formula for potential efficacy for AD treatment by means of the virtual screening and network pharmacology methods. ..
- Zhang X, Yang Y, Du L, Zhang W, Du G. Baicalein exerts anti-neuroinflammatory effects to protect against rotenone-induced brain injury in rats. Int Immunopharmacol. 2017;50:38-47 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our studies suggest that baicalein may be effective in the treatment of PD through anti-neuroinflammation. ..
- Lian W, Fang J, Xu L, Zhou W, Kang D, Xiong W, et al. DL0410 Ameliorates Memory and Cognitive Impairments Induced by Scopolamine via Increasing Cholinergic Neurotransmission in Mice. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..All of the evidence indicated that its AChE inhibition is an important mechanism in the anti-amnesia effect. In conclusion, DL0410 could be an effective therapeutic drug for the treatment of dementia, especially Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Yang S, Yu Z, Wang L, Yuan T, Wang X, Zhang X, et al. The natural product bergenin ameliorates lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury by inhibiting NF-kappaB activition. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;200:147-155 pubmed publisher..7 cells. These findings suggested that bergenin had a therapeutic effect on LPS-induced ALI by inhibiting NF-?B activition. ..
- Wang D, Feng B, Fu H, Liu A, Wang L, Du G, et al. Design, Synthesis, and Biological Evaluation of a New Series of Biphenyl/Bibenzyl Derivatives Functioning as Dual Inhibitors of Acetylcholinesterase and Butyrylcholinesterase. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..096 µM), but also a mild BuChE inhibitor (IC50 =1.25 µM). Overall, these results suggested that compound 19 may be a promising agent in the treatment of AD. ..
- Cui J, Liu Y, Hu Y, Tong J, Li A, Qu T, et al. NMR-based metabonomics and correlation analysis reveal potential biomarkers associated with chronic atrophic gastritis. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2017;132:77-86 pubmed publisher..Here, our results paved a way for elucidating the underlying mechanisms in the development of CAG, and provided new avenues for the diagnosis of CAG and presented potential drug targets for treatment of CAG. ..
- Yang S, Yu Z, Yuan T, Wang L, Wang X, Yang H, et al. Therapeutic effect of methyl salicylate 2-O-?-d-lactoside on LPS-induced acute lung injury by inhibiting TAK1/NF-kappaB phosphorylation and NLRP3 expression. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;40:219-228 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggested that MSL exhibited a therapeutic effect on LPS-induced ALI by inhibiting TAK1/NF-?B phosphorylation and NLRP3 expression. ..
- Yu X, Zhang L, Yang X, Li X, Du G. Salvianolic acid A improves intestinal motility in diabetic rats through antioxidant capacity and upregulation of nNOS. J Dig Dis. 2016;17:441-7 pubmed publisher..5 and nNOS in the intestine were both upregulated. The effect of SalA on the intestinal motility of diabetic rats might be due to its antioxidant capacity and restoring nNOS expression. ..
- Cheng X, Yang Y, Yang H, Wang Y, Du G. Kaempferol alleviates LPS-induced neuroinflammation and BBB dysfunction in mice via inhibiting HMGB1 release and down-regulating TLR4/MyD88 pathway. Int Immunopharmacol. 2018;56:29-35 pubmed publisher..These results collectively suggested that kaempferol might be a promising neuroprotective agent for alleviating inflammatory responses and BBB dysfunction by inhibiting HMGB1 release and down-regulating TLR4/MyD88 inflammatory pathway. ..
- Yang C, Li Z, Yan S, He Y, Dai R, Leung G, et al. Role of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor ?3 subtype in vascular inflammation. Br J Pharmacol. 2016;173:3235-3247 pubmed publisher..3-nAChRs play a pivotal role in regulating the inflammatory responses in endothelial cells and macrophages. The mechanisms involve the modulations of multiple cell signalling pathways. ..
- Wang Y, Liu Y, He G, Lv Y, Du G. Esculin improves dyslipidemia, inflammation and renal damage in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:402 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that ES could improve dyslipidemia, inflammation responses, renal damage in STZ-induced diabetic rats and the possible mechanism might be associated with the inhibition of AGEs formation. ..
- Pang X, Fu H, Yang S, Wang L, Liu A, Wu S, et al. Evaluation of Novel Dual Acetyl- and Butyrylcholinesterase Inhibitors as Potential Anti-Alzheimer's Disease Agents Using Pharmacophore, 3D-QSAR, and Molecular Docking Approaches. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..These studies provide better insight into the inhibitory behaviors of DL0410 derivatives, which is beneficial for rational design of AChE and BuChE inhibitors in the future. ..
- Zhang X, Du L, Zhang W, Yang Y, Zhou Q, Du G. Therapeutic effects of baicalein on rotenone-induced Parkinson's disease through protecting mitochondrial function and biogenesis. Sci Rep. 2017;7:9968 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggested that baicalein partially enhanced mitobiogenesis to restore mitochondrial function, thus exerting therapeutic effects in rotenone-induced PD models. ..
- Wang J, Li W, Zhao Y, Kang D, Fu W, Zheng X, et al. Members of FOX family could be drug targets of cancers. Pharmacol Ther. 2018;181:183-196 pubmed publisher..Finally, FOX members as drug targets of cancer treatment were discussed. Future perspectives of FOXC1 research were described in the end. ..
- Pang X, Wang L, Kang D, Zhao Y, Wu S, Liu A, et al. Effects of P-Glycoprotein on the Transport of DL0410, a Potential Multifunctional Anti-Alzheimer Agent. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DL0410 was a substrate as well as a competitive inhibitor of P-gp, and P-gp had a remarkable impact on the intestine and brain permeability of DL0410, which is of significance for drug research and development. ..