Genomes and Genes
Jia Yin Dai
Affiliation: Institute of Zoology
- Zhang H, Cui R, Guo X, Hu J, Dai J. Low dose perfluorooctanoate exposure promotes cell proliferation in a human non-tumor liver cell line. J Hazard Mater. 2016;313:18-28 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the promotion of cell cycle progression in human cells following PFOA exposure. ..
- Lu Y, Pan Y, Sheng N, Zhao A, Dai J. Perfluorooctanoic acid exposure alters polyunsaturated fatty acid composition, induces oxidative stress and activates the AKT/AMPK pathway in mouse epididymis. Chemosphere. 2016;158:143-53 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the epididymis is a potential target of PFOA. Oxidative stress and PUFA alteration might help explain the sperm injury and male reproductive dysfunction induced by PFOA exposure. ..
- Jiang P, Wang J, Sheng N, Wei D, Dai J. Effects of pentachlorophenol on the quail (Coturnix japonica) liver detoxification pathway. Chemosphere. 2017;177:44-50 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PCP affects quail oxidative stress by modulating CYP450 enzymes and nuclear transcription factors. ..
- Lu Y, Wang J, Guo X, Yan S, Dai J. Perfluorooctanoic acid affects endocytosis involving clathrin light chain A and microRNA-133b-3p in mouse testes. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;318:41-48 pubmed publisher..Results showed that PFOA exposure affects endocytosis in mouse testes and that CLTA is a potential target of miR-133b-3p. ..
- Li J, Sheng N, Cui R, Feng Y, Shao B, Guo X, et al. Gestational and lactational exposure to bisphenol AF in maternal rats increases testosterone levels in 23-day-old male offspring. Chemosphere. 2016;163:552-561 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that gestational and lactational exposure to BPAF in the mother can impair reproductive function in male offspring. ..
- Sheng N, Zhou X, Zheng F, Pan Y, Guo X, Guo Y, et al. Comparative hepatotoxicity of 6:2 fluorotelomer carboxylic acid and 6:2 fluorotelomer sulfonic acid, two fluorinated alternatives to long-chain perfluoroalkyl acids, on adult male mice. Arch Toxicol. 2017;91:2909-2919 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that 6:2 FTCA and 6:2 FTSA exhibited weak and moderate hepatotoxicity, respectively, compared with that reported for legacies PFOA and PFOS. ..
- Pan Y, Jing J, Yeung L, Sheng N, Zhang H, Yao B, et al. Associations of urinary 5-methyl-2'-deoxycytidine and 5-hydroxymethyl-2'-deoxycytidine with phthalate exposure and semen quality in 562 Chinese adult men. Environ Int. 2016;94:583-590 pubmed publisher..1, 3.6)]. Our findings showed significant associations between urinary 5mdC and 5hmdC with phthalate metabolites and semen parameters, which suggested urinary 5mdC and 5hmdC may be promising biomarkers in future epidemiological studies. ..
- Jiang P, Wang J, Zhang J, Dai J. Effects of pentachlorophenol on the detoxification system in white-rumped munia (Lonchura striata). J Environ Sci (China). 2016;44:224-234 pubmed publisher..striata. The present study demonstrated that PCP had hepatic toxic effects by affecting CYP1As and anti-oxidative status. ..
- Yan S, Zhang H, Guo X, Wang J, Dai J. High perfluorooctanoic acid exposure induces autophagy blockage and disturbs intracellular vesicle fusion in the liver. Arch Toxicol. 2017;91:247-258 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, since altered liver autophagy was not observed at concentrations of PFOA associated with human exposures, the relevance of these findings must be questioned. ..
- Dai J, Li M, Jin Y, Saito N, Xu M, Wei F. Perfluorooctanesulfonate and periluorooctanoate in red panda and giant panda from China. Environ Sci Technol. 2006;40:5647-52 pubmed..These data combined with other reported data suggest that there are large differences in distribution of perfluorinated compounds in terrestrial animals...
- Shi G, Cui Q, Pan Y, Sheng N, Sun S, Guo Y, et al. 6:2 Chlorinated polyfluorinated ether sulfonate, a PFOS alternative, induces embryotoxicity and disrupts cardiac development in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;185:67-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, exposure to F-53B impaired the development of zebrafish embryos and disrupted cardiac development, which might be mediated by effects on the Wnt signaling pathway and decrease of erythrocyte numbers. ..
- Liu H, Wang J, Sheng N, Cui R, Pan Y, Dai J. Acot1 is a sensitive indicator for PPARÎ± activation after perfluorooctanoic acid exposure in primary hepatocytes of Sprague-Dawley rats. Toxicol In Vitro. 2017;42:299-307 pubmed publisher..4Î¼M for 96h. These results imply Acot1 could serve as a sensitive indicator for PPARÎ± activation after PFOA exposure in primary rat hepatocytes. ..
- Shi G, Cui Q, Pan Y, Sheng N, Guo Y, Dai J. 6:2 fluorotelomer carboxylic acid (6:2 FTCA) exposure induces developmental toxicity and inhibits the formation of erythrocytes during zebrafish embryogenesis. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;190:53-61 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that 6:2 FTCA can cause developmental toxicity in zebrafish embryos, and that FTCAs exhibit greater toxicity than that of PFCAs. ..
- Shi G, Xie Y, Guo Y, Dai J. 6:2 fluorotelomer sulfonamide alkylbetaine (6:2 FTAB), a novel perfluorooctane sulfonate alternative, induced developmental toxicity in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2018;195:24-32 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that 6:2 FTAB exposure can induce cell apoptosis, oxidative stress, and immunotoxicity, thus highlighting the developmental toxicity of 6:2 FTAB in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Liu H, Sheng N, Zhang W, Dai J. Toxic effects of perfluorononanoic acid on the development of Zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. J Environ Sci (China). 2015;32:26-34 pubmed publisher..However, the mRNA expression levels of both ppara and pparg did not show any significant variation after exposure. These findings suggest that PFNA affected the development of zebrafish embryos at relatively low concentrations. ..
- Sheng N, Li J, Liu H, Zhang A, Dai J. Interaction of perfluoroalkyl acids with human liver fatty acid-binding protein. Arch Toxicol. 2016;90:217-27 pubmed publisher..Arg122 and Asn111 played a pivotal role in these interactions. Our findings may help understand the distribution pattern, bioaccumulation, elimination, and toxicity of PFAAs in humans. ..
- Sheng N, Cui R, Wang J, Guo Y, Wang J, Dai J. Cytotoxicity of novel fluorinated alternatives to long-chain perfluoroalkyl substances to human liver cell line and their binding capacity to human liver fatty acid binding protein. Arch Toxicol. 2018;92:359-369 pubmed publisher..This research enhances our understanding of the toxicity of PFAS alternatives during usage and provides useful evidence for the development of new alternatives. ..
- Pan Y, Wang X, Yeung L, Sheng N, Cui Q, Cui R, et al. Dietary exposure to di-isobutyl phthalate increases urinary 5-methyl-2'-deoxycytidine level and affects reproductive function in adult male mice. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;61:14-23 pubmed publisher..In addition, DiBP exposure impaired male reproductive function, possibly by disturbing testosterone levels; P450scc might be a major steroidogenic enzyme targeted by DiBP or other phthalates...
- Zhang W, Sheng N, Wang M, Zhang H, Dai J. Zebrafish reproductive toxicity induced by chronic perfluorononanoate exposure. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;175:269-76 pubmed publisher..The results of this study indicate that chronic exposure to PFNA can lead to dysfunction in the HPGL axis and sex hormone synthesis and cause adverse effects on fish reproduction. ..