Genomes and Genes
Nai Hong Chen
Affiliation: Institute of Materia Medica
- Liu D, Yuan X, Chu S, Chen C, Ren Q, Luo P, et al. CZ-7, a new derivative of Claulansine F, ameliorates 2VO-induced vascular dementia in rats through a Nrf2-mediated antioxidant responses. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2019;40:425-440 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, CZ-7 has therapeutic potential for VD by alleviating oxidative stress injury through Nrf2-mediated antioxidant responses. ..
- Yan J, Yuan Y, Chu S, Li G, Chen N. E46K Mutant α-Synuclein Is Degraded by Both Proteasome and Macroautophagy Pathway. Molecules. 2018;23: pubmed publisher..Our findings may verify the possible routes contributing to the degradation of the E46K mutant α-syn. ..
- Chen C, Ai Q, Chu S, Zhang Z, Chen N. NK cells in cerebral ischemia. Biomed Pharmacother. 2019;109:547-554 pubmed publisher..NK cells may also link IS and related diseases, suggesting NK cells can be used as a diagnostic or prognostic biomarker for IS prevention and treatment. ..
- Wan J, Chu S, Zhou X, Li Y, He W, Tan F, et al. Ursodeoxycholic acid protects interstitial Cajal-like cells in the gallbladder from undergoing apoptosis by inhibiting TNF-α expression. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2018;39:1493-1500 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, UDCA can protect ICLCs in the gallbladder from undergoing apoptosis by inhibiting the TNF-α/Caspase8/caspase3 pathway. ..
- Chu S, Zhang Z, Zhou X, He W, Chen C, Luo P, et al. Ginsenoside Rg1 protects against ischemic/reperfusion-induced neuronal injury through miR-144/Nrf2/ARE pathway. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2019;40:13-25 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results demonstrate that Rg1 alleviates oxidative stress after I/R through inhibiting miR-144 activity and subsequently promoting the Nrf2/ARE pathway at the post-translational level. ..
- Song X, Hu J, Wu D, Ji H, Chen N. IMM-H004, a Novel Coumarin Derivative Compound, Inhibits H2O2-Induced Neurotoxicity via Antioxidant and Antiapoptosis in PC12 Cells. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2018;27:3396-3403 pubmed publisher..Antioxidative and antiapoptosis may be the mechanisms of IMM-H004 in brain ischemia. These studies indicate that IMM-H004 might be a potential drug for treatment brain ischemia. ..
- Lou Y, Li J, Wang Z, Xia C, Chen N. Glucocorticoid receptor activation induces decrease of hippocampal astrocyte number in rats. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2018;235:2529-2540 pubmed publisher..These findings provide experimental evidence that GR activation due to elevated CORT levels induces the decrease of hippocampal astrocyte number in rats. ..
- Xia C, Zhang S, Gao Y, Wang Z, Chen N. Selective modulation of microglia polarization to M2 phenotype for stroke treatment. Int Immunopharmacol. 2015;25:377-82 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss how the M2 phenotype mediates neuroprotective effects and summarize the alternation of signaling cascades that control microglial phenotype after ischemic stroke. ..
- Yang P, Wang Z, Zhang Z, Liu D, Manolios E, Chen C, et al. The extended application of The Rat Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates in rats of various body weight. J Neurosci Methods. 2018;307:60-69 pubmed publisher..In this manner, the application of the rat brain atlases could be extended and the results would be of great help in stereotaxic procedures. ..
- Chen Y, Shao Q, Yuan Y, Chen N. Prion-like propagation of α-synuclein in the gut-brain axis. Brain Res Bull. 2018;140:341-346 pubmed publisher..We then summarize the mechanism of the gut-brain axis and confirm α-synuclein as a potential target for drug design or new clinical treatment. ..
- Shao Q, Zhang X, Chen Y, Zhu C, Shi J, Yuan Y, et al. Anti-neuroinflammatory effects of 20C from Gastrodia elata via regulating autophagy in LPS-activated BV-2 cells through MAPKs and TLR4/Akt/mTOR signaling pathways. Mol Immunol. 2018;99:115-123 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that 20C has therapeutic potential for treating neurodegenerative diseases in the future. ..
- Wang S, Zhang Z, Zhu T, Chu S, He W, Chen N. Myelin injury in the central nervous system and Alzheimer's disease. Brain Res Bull. 2018;140:162-168 pubmed publisher..Thus this review summarizes the recent result of pathologic effect and signal pathways of myelin injury in neurodegenerative diseases, especially the Alzheimer's disease to provide new and effective therapeutic targets. ..
- Shao Q, Yan W, Zhang Z, Ma K, Peng S, Cao Y, et al. Nurr1: A vital participant in the TLR4-NF-κB signal pathway stimulated by α-synuclein in BV-2 cells. Neuropharmacology. 2019;144:388-399 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Nurr1 is a novel participant in the neuroinflammation stimulated by α-synuclein, thus the regulation of Nurr1 may be a novel neuroprotective target for PD treatment. ..
- Liu Y, Sun J, Song L, Li J, Chu S, Yuan Y, et al. Environment-contact administration of rotenone: A new rodent model of Parkinson's disease. Behav Brain Res. 2015;294:149-61 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it provides new insight into how environmental factors could trigger PD and provides a useful tool for studying PD pathogenesis and testing neuroprotective strategies. ..
- Gao Y, Chu S, Li J, Li J, Zhang Z, Xia C, et al. Anti-inflammatory function of ginsenoside Rg1 on alcoholic hepatitis through glucocorticoid receptor related nuclear factor-kappa B pathway. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015;173:231-40 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that Rg1 might promote GR mediating the repression of NF-ÎºB and inhibit the inflammatory reactions in alcoholic hepatitis. ..
- Liu D, Chu S, Chen C, Yang P, Chen N, He X. Research progress in stroke-induced immunodepression syndrome (SIDS) and stroke-associated pneumonia (SAP). Neurochem Int. 2018;114:42-54 pubmed publisher..An improved understanding of the pathophysiological mechanisms leading to SAP is essential to develop new treatment strategies for improving the outcomes of stroke patients. ..
- Heng Y, Zhang Q, Mu Z, Hu J, Yuan Y, Chen N. Ginsenoside Rg1 attenuates motor impairment and neuroinflammation in the MPTP-probenecid-induced parkinsonism mouse model by targeting Î±-synuclein abnormalities in the substantia nigra. Toxicol Lett. 2016;243:7-21 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Rg1 protects dopaminergic neurons, most likely by reducing aberrant Î±-synuclein-mediated neuroinflammation, and holds promise for PD therapeutics. ..
- Chen J, Wang Z, Zuo W, Zhang S, Chu S, Chen N. Effects of chronic mild stress on behavioral and neurobiological parameters - Role of glucocorticoid. Horm Behav. 2016;78:150-9 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, stress decreased GR expression and enhanced FKBP5 expression via higher glucocorticoid exposure. Gap junction dysfunction and changes in BDNF may be associated with anxiety-like behaviors. ..
- Xia C, Wang Z, Yamakuni T, Chen N. A novel mechanism of depression: role for connexins. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2018;28:483-498 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the blockage of hemichannels concurrent with improvements in gap junction functionality might be potential targets for depression treatment. ..
- Wen L, Zhang Q, Heng Y, Chen Y, Wang S, Yuan Y, et al. NLRP3 inflammasome activation in the thymus of MPTP-induced Parkinsonian mouse model. Toxicol Lett. 2018;288:1-8 pubmed publisher..A disordered thymus might take part in the development of PD, and its enhanced immune response might promote the degenerative changes in the brain. ..
- Xia C, Zhang S, Chu S, Wang Z, Song X, Zuo W, et al. Autophagic flux regulates microglial phenotype according to the time of oxygen-glucose deprivation/reperfusion. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;39:140-148 pubmed publisher..Therefore, inhibition of autophagic flux regulated the alternation of microglial phenotype by modulating the balance between NF-?B and CREB. ..
- Huang J, Ma Y, Yuan Y, Zuo W, Chu S, Liu H, et al. Claulansine F promoted the neuronal differentiation of neural stem and progenitor cells through Akt/GSK-3?/?-catenin pathway. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;786:72-84 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data suggested that Clau F promoted neuronal differentiation through Akt/GSK-3?/?-catenin signaling pathway in NS/PCs. ..
- Zhang Z, Chu S, Mou Z, Gao Y, Wang Z, Wei G, et al. Ganglioside GQ1b induces dopamine release through the activation of Pyk2. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2016;71:102-13 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insights into the role of GQ1b in neuronal communication, and implicate the potential application of GQ1b in neurological disorders. ..
- Kong L, Wang Z, Hu J, Yuan Y, Han N, Li H, et al. Inhibition of chemokine-like factor 1 protects against focal cerebral ischemia through the promotion of energy metabolism and anti-apoptotic effect. Neurochem Int. 2014;76:91-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, CKLF1 may be a novel target for the treatment of stroke. ..
- Song X, Xu S, Hu J, Tang J, Chu S, Liu H, et al. Piperine prevents cholesterol gallstones formation in mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015;751:112-7 pubmed publisher..It may be the mechanism of PA in preventing cholesterol gallstones formation. PA as a potential drug for prevention cholesterol gallstones merits further investigation. ..
- Zhang S, Shao S, Song X, Xia C, Yang Y, Zhang P, et al. Protective effects of Forsythia suspense extract with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties in a model of rotenone induced neurotoxicity. Neurotoxicology. 2016;52:72-83 pubmed publisher..Therefore, FS8 protected dopamine neurons against rotenone toxicity via antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, which suggested the promising application of FS8 in the prevention and treatment of Parkinson disease. ..
- Xia C, Chu S, Zhang S, Gao Y, Ren Q, Lou Y, et al. Ginsenoside Rg1 alleviates corticosterone-induced dysfunction of gap junctions in astrocytes. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;208:207-213 pubmed publisher..These findings provide the first evidence indicating that Rg1 can alleviate CORT-induced gap junction dysfunction, which may have clinical significance in the treatment of depression. ..
- Mou Z, Huang Q, Chu S, Zhang M, Hu J, Chen N, et al. Antidepressive effects of ginsenoside Rg1 via regulation of HPA and HPG axis. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;92:962-971 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new mechanism involved in the antidepressive effects of Rg1 and propose theoretical clues for clinical therapies. ..
- Gao Y, Chu S, Zhang Z, Chen N. Hepataprotective effects of ginsenoside Rg1 - A review. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;206:178-183 pubmed publisher..The multi-target actions of Rg1 substantiates it as a promising drug candidate for the treatment of hepatic impairment in different factors induced liver diseases. ..
- Xue J, Liu Z, Hu J, Chen H, Zhang J, Chen N. Ginsenoside Rb1 promotes neurotransmitter release by modulating phosphorylation of synapsins through a cAMP-dependent protein kinase pathway. Brain Res. 2006;1106:91-98 pubmed publisher..In summary, Rb1 promotes neurotransmitter release by increasing the phosphorylation of synapsins through the PKA pathway, whereas the similar effects observed with Rg1 are independent of the phosphorylation of synapsins. ..
- Zhang X, Yuan Y, Shao Q, Wang Z, Zhu C, Shi J, et al. DJ-1 regulating PI3K-Nrf2 signaling plays a significant role in bibenzyl compound 20C-mediated neuroprotection against rotenone-induced oxidative insult. Toxicol Lett. 2017;271:74-83 pubmed publisher..The findings from our investigation suggest that 20C should be developed as a novel candidate for alleviating the consequences of PD in the future. ..
- Zhang Q, Heng Y, Yuan Y, Chen N. Pathological ?-synuclein exacerbates the progression of Parkinson's disease through microglial activation. Toxicol Lett. 2017;265:30-37 pubmed publisher..This review will mainly describe the profiles of ?-synuclein-activated microglia, with particular emphasis on the signaling cascades involved in this process. ..
- Ma K, Song L, Yuan Y, Zhang Y, Han N, Gao K, et al. The nuclear accumulation of alpha-synuclein is mediated by importin alpha and promotes neurotoxicity by accelerating the cell cycle. Neuropharmacology. 2014;82:132-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, it can be concluded that ?-syn can accumulate in nucleus, which is mediated by importin ?, and promote neurotoxicity by accelerating the cell cycle. ..
- Liu D, Song X, Yang P, Ai Q, Wang Y, Feng X, et al. Progress in pharmacological research of chemokine like factor 1 (CKLF1). Cytokine. 2018;102:41-50 pubmed publisher..Therefore, there be an important theoretical purport and applied value to make a summary of pharmacological progress of CKLF1. ..
- Ren Q, Wang Z, Chu S, Xia C, Chen N. Gap junction channels as potential targets for the treatment of major depressive disorder. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2018;235:1-12 pubmed publisher..This review supports the hypothesis that the regulation of GJCs between astrocytes could be an underlying mechanism for the therapeutic effect of antidepressants. ..
- Chen C, Chu S, Liu D, Zhang Z, Kong L, Zhou X, et al. Chemokines play complex roles in cerebral ischemia. Neurochem Int. 2018;112:146-158 pubmed publisher..We also refer drug development based on the chemokines and clinical applications using chemokines as diagnostic or prognostic biomarkers in ischemic stroke. ..
- Jin C, Wang Z, Zhou H, Lou Y, Chen J, Zuo W, et al. Ginsenoside Rg1-induced antidepressant effects involve the protection of astrocyte gap junctions within the prefrontal cortex. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2017;75:183-191 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that Rg1-induced antidepressant effects are might be mediated, in part, by protecting astrocyte gap junctions within the prefrontal cortex. ..
- Yuan Y, Yan W, Sun J, Huang J, Mu Z, Chen N. The molecular mechanism of rotenone-induced Î±-synuclein aggregation: emphasizing the role of the calcium/GSK3Î² pathway. Toxicol Lett. 2015;233:163-71 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that rotenone-induced Î±-synuclein aggregation is mediated by the calcium/GSK3Î² signaling pathway. ..
- Li G, Li G, Wang Z, Ji H, Wang D, Hu J, et al. The chemokine-like factor 1 induces asthmatic pathological change by activating nuclear factor-?B signaling pathway. Int Immunopharmacol. 2014;20:81-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the NF-?B signaling pathway was involved in the asthmatic change induced by CKLF1, among which CCR4 might play a crucial role. ..
- Li B, Yuan Y, Zhang W, He W, Hu J, Chen N. Flavin-containing monooxygenase, a new clue of pathological proteins in the rotenone model of parkinsonism. Neurosci Lett. 2014;566:11-6 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, it was suggested that parkin function was compromised in neuro-pathological states, thereby further adding to the cellular survival stress. ..
- Liu J, Li C, Du Y, Li L, Sun H, Chen N, et al. Bioactive Compounds from the Stems of Clausena lansium. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..Their structures were elucidated on the basis of spectroscopic analyses, including UV, IR, NMR experiments, and electronic circular dichroism (ECD) spectra. ..
- Zang Y, Song X, Li C, Ma J, Chu S, Liu D, et al. Pyrano[3,2-a]carbazole alkaloids as effective agents against ischemic stroke in vitro and in vivo. Eur J Med Chem. 2018;143:438-448 pubmed publisher..More importantly, compared to edaravone, 7c exhibited stronger free radical scavenging activity. Our findings suggest that 7c may be promising for further evaluation as an intervention for ischemic stroke. ..
- Niu F, Song X, Hu J, Zuo W, Kong L, Wang X, et al. IMM-H004, A New Coumarin Derivative, Improved Focal Cerebral Ischemia via Blood-Brain Barrier Protection in Rats. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2017;26:2065-2073 pubmed publisher..And all of these changed were related to BBB protection. IMM-H004 improved cerebral ischemia injury via BBB protection. For a potential therapy drug of cerebral ischemia, IMM-H004 merits further study. ..
- Xia J, Feng B, Shao Q, Yuan Y, Wang X, Chen N, et al. Virtual Screening against Phosphoglycerate Kinase 1 in Quest of Novel Apoptosis Inhibitors. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..In summary, we not only present a versatile VS pipeline for potential apoptosis inhibitors discovery, but also provide three novel-scaffold hit compounds that are worthy of further development and biological study. ..
- Zuo W, Zhang S, Xia C, Guo X, He W, Chen N. Mitochondria autophagy is induced after hypoxic/ischemic stress in a Drp1 dependent manner: the role of inhibition of Drp1 in ischemic brain damage. Neuropharmacology. 2014;86:103-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, Drp1 related pathway involved in selective removal of dysfunctional mitochondria is proposed as an efficient target for treatment of cerebral ischemia. ..