Affiliation: Huazhong Agricultural University
- Zheng Z, Zheng J, Liu H, Peng D, Sun M. Complete genome sequence of Fictibacillus phosphorivorans G25-29, a strain toxic to nematodes. J Biotechnol. 2016;239:20-22 pubmed publisher..Here, we report the complete genome of F. phosphorivorans G25-29, containing a circular chromosome and encoding nine potential nematicidal factors which may contribute to its nematicidal activity. ..
- Zhu C, Guo G, Ma Q, Zhang F, Ma F, Liu J, et al. Diversity in S-layers. Prog Biophys Mol Biol. 2017;123:1-15 pubmed publisher..This paper reviews and illustrates the diversity from several different aspects, involving the S-layer-carrying strains, the structure of S-layers, the S-layer proteins and genes, as well as the functions of S-layers. ..
- Wang P, Zhu Y, Zhang Y, Zhang C, Xu J, Deng Y, et al. Mob/oriT, a mobilizable site-specific recombination system for unmarked genetic manipulation in Bacillus thuringiensis and Bacillus cereus. Microb Cell Fact. 2016;15:108 pubmed publisher..thuringiensis and B. cereus. Our method extends the available genetic tools for B. thuringiensis and B. cereus strains. ..
- Dong Z, Li J, Zheng J, Geng C, Peng D, Sun M. Complete genome sequence of Bacillus thuringiensis CTC-A typical strain with high production of S-layer proteins. J Biotechnol. 2016;220:100-1 pubmed publisher..Here, we report the complete genome of strain CTC, which contains one circular chromosome and one linear plasmid. ..
- Wang Y, Fu J, Zhu Q, Zhu L, Zheng J, Liu H, et al. Complete genome sequence of Bacillus thuringiensis serovar alesti BGSC 4C1, a typical strain with toxicity to Lepidoptera insects. J Biotechnol. 2016;239:61-64 pubmed publisher..In addition, there is a poly ?-glutamate synthesis gene cluster, whose product is a candidate to control inflammasome-mediated disorders and potential in many other fields. ..
- Du C, Cao S, Shi X, Nie X, Zheng J, Deng Y, et al. Genetic and Biochemical Characterization of a Gene Operon for trans-Aconitic Acid, a Novel Nematicide from Bacillus thuringiensis. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:3517-3530 pubmed publisher..thuringiensis pathogenesis and providing potential implications for nematode management applications. ..
- Peng D, Wan D, Cheng C, Ye X, Sun M. Nematode-specific cadherin CDH-8 acts as a receptor for Cry5B toxin in Caenorhabditis elegans. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2018;102:3663-3673 pubmed publisher..This study will facilitate a better understanding of the action mode of nematicidal Cry toxins and help the design of Cry toxin-based products for the control of plant or animal parasitic nematodes. ..
- Huang J, Guan Z, Wan L, Zou T, Sun M. Crystal structure of Cry6Aa: A novel nematicidal ClyA-type ?-pore-forming toxin from Bacillus thuringiensis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;478:307-313 pubmed publisher..This structure also provides a framework for the functional study of other nematicidal toxins. ..
- Zheng Z, Zheng J, Peng D, Sun M. Complete genome sequence of Fictibacillus arsenicus G25-54, a strain with toxicity to nematodes. J Biotechnol. 2017;241:98-100 pubmed publisher..Additionally, it encodes five arsenic resistance and transformation related proteins, which may provide the potential arsenic-resistance activity. ..
- Geng C, Liu Y, Li M, Tang Z, Muhammad S, Zheng J, et al. Dissimilar Crystal Proteins Cry5Ca1 and Cry5Da1 Synergistically Act against Meloidogyne incognita and Delay Cry5Ba-Based Nematode Resistance. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2017;83: pubmed publisher..This association facilitates the selection of a proper candidate for the prospective design of pyramided Bt crops that can delay potential resistance. ..
- Ju S, Zheng J, Lin J, Geng C, Zhu L, Guan Z, et al. The complete genome sequence of Alcaligenes faecalis ZD02, a novel potential bionematocide. J Biotechnol. 2016;218:73-4 pubmed publisher..faecalis ZD02 and describe its features. Additionally, we found two potential virulence factors in this genome, which play important roles for the nematocidal activity of A. faecalis ZD02. ..
- Zheng J, Peng D, Chen L, Liu H, Chen F, Xu M, et al. The Ditylenchus destructor genome provides new insights into the evolution of plant parasitic nematodes. Proc Biol Sci. 2016;283: pubmed publisher..elegans and sedentary plant-parasitic nematodes from clade 12, we propose it as a new model to study the biology, biocontrol of plant nematodes and the interaction between nematodes and plants. ..
- Ju S, Lin J, Zheng J, Wang S, Zhou H, Sun M. Alcaligenes faecalis ZD02, a Novel Nematicidal Bacterium with an Extracellular Serine Protease Virulence Factor. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2016;82:2112-2120 pubmed publisher..faecalis ZD02 and the virulence factor Esp can damage the intestines of C. elegans. The discovery that A. faecalis ZD02 has nematicidal activity provides a novel bacterial resource for the control of RKNs. ..
- Liu G, Kong Y, Fan Y, Geng C, Peng D, Sun M. Whole-genome sequencing of Bacillus velezensis LS69, a strain with a broad inhibitory spectrum against pathogenic bacteria. J Biotechnol. 2017;249:20-24 pubmed publisher..Whole genome sequencing of Bacillus velezensis LS69 will provide a basis for elucidation of its biocontrol mechanisms and facilitate its applications in the future. ..
- Zheng J, Gao Q, Liu L, Liu H, Wang Y, Peng D, et al. Comparative Genomics of Bacillus thuringiensis Reveals a Path to Specialized Exploitation of Multiple Invertebrate Hosts. MBio. 2017;8: pubmed publisher..thuringiensis has used to fight against host resistance. This kind of formation and evolution of pathogens represents a different path used against multiple invertebrate hosts from that used against higher animals. ..