Affiliation: Huazhong Agricultural University
- Cheng C, Zou Y, Peng J. Oregano Essential Oil Attenuates RAW264.7 Cells from Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Inflammatory Response through Regulating NADPH Oxidase Activation-Driven Oxidative Stress. Molecules. 2018;23: pubmed publisher..7 cell inflammation through the NADPH oxidase-mediated production of reactive oxygen species (ROS). In conclusion, OEO protects against the LPS-induced RAW264.7 cell inflammatory response through the NADPH oxidase/ROS pathway. ..
- Wang J, Lu J, Xie X, Xiong J, Huang N, Wei H, et al. Blend of organic acids and medium chain fatty acids prevents the inflammatory response and intestinal barrier dysfunction in mice challenged with enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli O157:H7. Int Immunopharmacol. 2018;58:64-71 pubmed publisher..and Bifidobacterium spp., but decreased that of E. coli in the cecum. These findings indicate that OM1 and OM2 may be used to develop a prophylactic agent for intestinal inflammation and injury in enteric pathogen infection. ..
- Liu Q, Zhou Y, Duan R, Wei H, Jiang S, Peng J. Effects of dietary n-6:n-3 fatty acid ratio and vitamin E on semen quality, fatty acid composition and antioxidant status in boars. Anim Reprod Sci. 2015;162:11-9 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, the 6.6 dietary ratio and 400mg/kg vitamin E supplementation improve progressive sperm motility by modifying the sperm FA composition and antioxidant status. ..
- Zheng L, Wei H, He P, Zhao S, Xiang Q, Pang J, et al. Effects of Supplementation of Branched-Chain Amino Acids to Reduced-Protein Diet on Skeletal Muscle Protein Synthesis and Degradation in the Fed and Fasted States in a Piglet Model. Nutrients. 2016;9: pubmed publisher..The effect of BCAA supplementation on muscle protein synthesis is associated with the increase in protein degradation and KIC production in the fed state. ..
- Jin W, Shang Y, Peng J, Jiang S. Histone H3 Methyltransferase Suv39h1 Prevents Myogenic Terminal Differentiation by Repressing MEF2 Activity in Muscle Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed..Together, our studies revealed a molecular mechanism wherein Suv39h1 modulated myogenic gene expression and activation during skeletal muscle differentiation. ..
- Zhou Y, Ren J, Song T, Peng J, Wei H. Methionine Regulates mTORC1 via the T1R1/T1R3-PLC?-Ca2+-ERK1/2 Signal Transduction Process in C2C12 Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed..Results revealed a new role for Met-regulated mTORC1 via an AA receptor. Further studies should be performed to determine the role of T1R1/T1R3 in mediating extracellular AA to regulate mTOR signaling and to reveal its mechanism. ..
- Tan C, Wei H, Zhao X, Xu C, Zhou Y, Peng J. Soluble Fiber with High Water-Binding Capacity, Swelling Capacity, and Fermentability Reduces Food Intake by Promoting Satiety Rather Than Satiation in Rats. Nutrients. 2016;8: pubmed..Our results indicate that SF with high WBC, SC, and fermentability reduces food intake-probably by promoting a feeling of satiety in rats to decrease their feeding behavior. ..
- Zheng L, Zhang W, Zhou Y, Li F, Wei H, Peng J. Recent Advances in Understanding Amino Acid Sensing Mechanisms that Regulate mTORC1. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed..This review provides an overview of the research progress of the AA sensing mechanisms that regulate mTORC1 activity. ..
- Tan C, Wei H, Ao J, Long G, Peng J. Inclusion of Konjac Flour in the Gestation Diet Changes the Gut Microbiota, Alleviates Oxidative Stress, and Improves Insulin Sensitivity in Sows. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2016;82:5899-909 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the changes of gut microbiota in response to KF may be correlated with the host metabolism response. ..
- Yang Y, Wei H, Song T, Cai A, Zhou Y, Peng J, et al. E4BP4 mediates glucocorticoid-regulated adipogenesis through COX2. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2017;450:43-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, E4BP4 acts as a key pro-adipogenic transcription factor by trans-repressing COX2 in glucocorticoid-associated adipocyte differentiation. ..
- Cheng C, Liu Z, Zhou Y, Wei H, Zhang X, Xia M, et al. Effect of oregano essential oil supplementation to a reduced-protein, amino acid-supplemented diet on meat quality, fatty acid composition, and oxidative stability of Longissimus thoracis muscle in growing-finishing pigs. Meat Sci. 2017;133:103-109 pubmed publisher..Results indicated that dietary OEO enhanced the sensory attributes and anti-oxidative status of pork meat by improving IMF and n-3 PUFA proportion and antioxidative capacity. ..
- Cheng C, Zhang X, Xia M, Liu Z, Wei H, Deng Z, et al. Effect of oregano essential oil and benzoic acid supplementation to a low-protein diet on meat quality, fatty acid composition, and lipid stability of longissimus thoracis muscle in pigs. Lipids Health Dis. 2017;16:164 pubmed publisher..Dietary LPOB enhances the anti-oxidative status by improving antioxidative capacity but deteriorates the sensory attributes by decreasing IMF content of meat. ..
- Wang C, Li J, Wei H, Zhou Y, Jiang S, Peng J. Linear model analysis of the influencing factors of boar longevity in Southern China. Theriogenology. 2017;93:105-110 pubmed publisher..Boar removal reason and BHLM can be affected by breed, housing type, and seed stock herd. Importantly, 8 months is suggested as the most suitable age for boar introduction. ..
- Wei H, Deng Z, Jiang S, Song T, Zhou Y, Peng J, et al. Eicosapentaenoic acid abolishes inhibition of insulin-induced mTOR phosphorylation by LPS via PTP1B downregulation in skeletal muscle. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2017;439:116-125 pubmed publisher..In summary, EPA abolished LPS inhibition of insulin-induced mTOR phosphorylation in myotubes, and one of the key mechanisms was to inhibit AP1 and NF-?B activation and PTP1B transcription. ..
- Hu X, Zhou Y, Yang Y, Peng J, Song T, Xu T, et al. Identification of zinc finger protein Bcl6 as a novel regulator of early adipose commitment. Open Biol. 2016;6: pubmed publisher..This study identifies Bcl6 as a positive transcriptional regulator of early adipose commitment. ..