Affiliation: Huazhong Agricultural University
- Dai Y, Wang Y, Zhao L, Qin Z, Yuan J, Qin Q, et al. A novel L-type lectin was required for the multiplication of WSSV in red swamp crayfish (Procambarus clakii). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;55:48-55 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that PcL-lectin may be required for the multiplication of WSSV, and will pave a new way for the developing of strategies against WSSV infection. ..
- Gao X, Zhang X, Lin L, Yao D, Sun J, Du X, et al. Passive Immune-Protection of Litopenaeus vannamei against Vibrio harveyi and Vibrio parahaemolyticus Infections with Anti-Vibrio Egg Yolk (IgY)-Encapsulated Feed. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..These results show that passive immunization by oral administration with specific egg yolk powders (IgY) may provide a valuable protection of vibrio infections in white shrimp. ..
- Zhao L, Lu H, Meng Q, Wang J, Wang W, Yang L, et al. Profilings of MicroRNAs in the Liver of Common Carp (Cyprinus carpio) Infected with Flavobacterium columnare. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:566 pubmed publisher..The miRNA expression profile of the liver of common carp infected with FC will pave the way for the development of effective strategies to fight against FC infection. ..
- Liu X, Tu J, Yuan J, Liu X, Zhao L, Dawar F, et al. Identification and Characterization of MicroRNAs in Snakehead Fish Cell Line upon Snakehead Fish Vesiculovirus Infection. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..The results showed that all three miRNAs were able to inhibit the multiplication of SHVV; whereas the mechanisms underlying the SHVV multiplication inhibited by the specific miRNAs need to be further characterized in the future. ..
- Wang Y, Chen N, Hegazy A, Liu X, Wu Z, Liu X, et al. Autophagy induced by snakehead fish vesiculovirus inhibited its replication in SSN-1 cell line. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;55:415-22 pubmed publisher..These results will shed a new light on the prevention of the infection of SHVV. ..
- Lan J, Wei S, Wang Y, Dai Y, Tu J, Zhao L, et al. PcToll3 was involved in anti-Vibrio response by regulating the expression of antimicrobial peptides in red swamp crayfish, Procambarus clarkii. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;57:17-24 pubmed publisher..Hence, we concluded that, besides participating in antiviral immunity, PcToll3 might also regulate the expression of Cru1 and Lys1 to participate in anti-Vibrio immune responses by promoting PcDorsal translocation into nucleus. ..
- Dawar F, Tu J, Xiong Y, Lan J, Dong X, Liu X, et al. Chemotactic Activity of Cyclophilin A in the Skin Mucus of Yellow Catfish (Pelteobagrus fulvidraco) and Its Active Site for Chemotaxis. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..These novel efforts do not only highlight the enzymatic texture of skin mucus, but signify CypA to be targeted for anti-inflammatory therapeutics. ..
- Zhao L, Tu J, Zhang Y, Wang J, Yang L, Wang W, et al. Transcriptomic analysis of the head kidney of Topmouth culter (Culter alburnus) infected with Flavobacterium columnare with an emphasis on phagosome pathway. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;57:413-418 pubmed publisher..This transcriptomic analysis of host genes in response to FC infection provides data towards understanding the infection mechanisms and will shed a new light on the prevention of columnaris. ..
- Dawar F, Hu X, Zhao L, Dong X, Xiong Y, Zhou M, et al. Transcriptomic analysis reveals differentially expressed genes and a unique apoptosis pathway in channel catfish ovary cells after infection with the channel catfish virus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;71:58-68 pubmed publisher..This study helps our understanding of the pathogenesis of CCV and contributes to the prevention of CCV infection in channel catfish. ..
- Dawar F, Xiong Y, Khattak M, Li J, Lin L, Mei J. Potential role of cyclophilin A in regulating cytokine secretion. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:989-992 pubmed publisher..This report reviews the literature related to the mechanism of CypA-dependent cytokine secretion and discusses this factor as a possible therapeutic target in inflammatory diseases. ..
- Jin J, Wang Y, Wu Z, Hergazy A, Lan J, Zhao L, et al. Transcriptomic analysis of liver from grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idellus) exposed to high environmental ammonia reveals the activation of antioxidant and apoptosis pathways. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;63:444-451 pubmed publisher..Combined with the results of transcriptomic experiments, c-Myc-Bax-Caspase9 apoptosis pathway could be involved in grass carp liver apoptosis induced by ammonia stress. ..
- Chen W, Yi L, Feng S, Zhao L, Li J, Zhou M, et al. Characterization of microRNAs in orange-spotted grouper (Epinephelus coioides) fin cells upon red-spotted grouper nervous necrosis virus infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;63:228-236 pubmed publisher..These data provide insight into the molecular mechanism of RGNNV infection, and will benefit for the development of effective strategies to control RGNNV infection. ..
- Zhang Z, Yu A, Lan J, Zhang H, Hu M, Cheng J, et al. GapA, a potential vaccine candidate antigen against Streptococcus agalactiae in Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;63:255-260 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results reveal that the GapA protein is a promising vaccine candidate that could be used to prevent streptococcosis in tilapia. ..
- Dawar F, Wu J, Zhao L, Khattak M, Mei J, Lin L. Updates in understanding the role of cyclophilin A in leukocyte chemotaxis. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;101:823-826 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the advances made in understanding the mechanism of CypA-dependent leukocytes chemotaxis and hence, recognition of this factor as a possible therapeutic target in inflammatory diseases. ..
- Chen W, Yi L, Feng S, Liu X, Asim M, Zhou Y, et al. Transcriptomic profiles of striped snakehead fish cells (SSN-1) infected with red-spotted grouper nervous necrosis virus (RGNNV) with an emphasis on apoptosis pathway. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;60:346-354 pubmed publisher..These results will shed a new light on the pathogenesis of NNV. ..
- Dai Y, Wang Y, Zhang Y, Liu Y, Li J, Wei S, et al. The role of ficolin-like protein (PcFLP1) in the antibacterial immunity of red swamp crayfish (Procambarus clarkii). Mol Immunol. 2017;81:26-34 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, PcFLP1 could bound to bacteria and inhibited bacterial replication. These results demonstrated that PcFLP1 plays an important role in the anti-Vibrio immunity of red swamp crayfish. ..
- Asim M, Jiang S, Yi L, Chen W, Sun L, Zhao L, et al. Glutamine is required for red-spotted grouper nervous necrosis virus replication via replenishing the tricarboxylic acid cycle. Virus Res. 2017;227:245-248 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data revealed that glutamine could regulate RGNNV replication via TCA cycle, which will pave a new way for the prevention of the RGNNV infection in the future. ..
- Wang W, Asim M, Yi L, Hegazy A, Hu X, Zhou Y, et al. Abortive infection of snakehead fish vesiculovirus in ZF4 cells was associated with the RLRs pathway activation by viral replicative intermediates. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:6235-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the abortive infection of SHVV in ZF4 cells was associated with the activation of RLRs pathway, which was activated by viral replicative intermediates. ..
- Zheng F, Asim M, Lan J, Zhao L, Wei S, Chen N, et al. Molecular Cloning and Functional Characterization of Mannose Receptor in Zebra Fish (Danio rerio) during Infection with Aeromonas sobria. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:10997-1012 pubmed publisher..The established zebra fish-A. sobria infection model will be valuable for elucidating the role of MR in fish immune responses to infection. ..