Affiliation: Hohai University
- Yang N, Li Y, Zhang W, Wang L, Gao Y. Reduction of bacterial integrity associated with dam construction: A quantitative assessment using an index of biotic integrity improved by stability analysis. J Environ Manage. 2019;230:75-83 pubmed publisher..This study provides not only a first quantitative insight for assessing bacterial response to damming, but also a guideline for applying the improved index in the dam regulation and ecological protection. ..
- Li Y, Jin F, Wang C, Chen Y, Wang Q, Zhang W, et al. Modification of bentonite with cationic surfactant for the enhanced retention of bisphenol A from landfill leachate. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015;22:8618-28 pubmed publisher..4Â %. The properties of the HTAB-bentonite revealed its notable advantages as components of landfill liners material to retain BPA in leachate. ..
- Zhang C, Li Y, Shuai D, Zhang W, Niu L, Wang L, et al. Visible-light-driven, water-surface-floating antimicrobials developed from graphitic carbon nitride and expanded perlite for water disinfection. Chemosphere. 2018;208:84-92 pubmed publisher..Microscopic analyses confirmed that the destruction of bacterial cells and viral particles, leading to the inactivation of microorganisms. ..
- Wang D, Li Y, Li Puma G, Wang C, Wang P, Zhang W, et al. Mechanism and experimental study on the photocatalytic performance of Ag/AgCl @ chiral TiO2 nanofibers photocatalyst: the impact of wastewater components. J Hazard Mater. 2015;285:277-84 pubmed publisher..This work may be helpful not only to uncover the photocatalytic mechanism of Ag/AgCl based photocatalyst but also to elucidate the transformation and transportation of Ag and AgCl in natural water. ..
- Niu L, Song X, He S, Zhang P, Wang N, Li Y, et al. New insights into the fungal community from the raw genomic sequence data of fig wasp Ceratosolen solmsi. BMC Microbiol. 2015;15:27 pubmed publisher..solmsi. This study investigated the richness and composition of fungal community in RGSD-CS and provided new insights into the efficient study of microbial diversity using raw genomic sequence data. ..
- Niu L, Li Y, Xu L, Wang P, Zhang W, Wang C, et al. Ignored fungal community in activated sludge wastewater treatment plants: diversity and altitudinal characteristics. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2017;24:4185-4193 pubmed publisher..The observed data demonstrated the diverse occurrence of fungal species and gave a marked view of fungal community characteristics based on the previously unexplored fungal communities in activated sludge WWTPs. ..
- Wang L, Li Y, Zhang W, Niu L, Du J, Cai W, et al. Isolation and characterization of two novel psychrotrophic decabromodiphenyl ether-degrading bacteria from river sediments. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2016;23:10371-81 pubmed publisher..5Â mg/L BDE-209 by S. haemolyticus LY1 and B. pumilus LY2, respectively. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first demonstration for the biodegradation of BDE-209 by two psychrotrophic bacteria isolated from environment. ..
- Li Y, Xiong W, Zhang W, Wang C, Wang P. Life cycle assessment of water supply alternatives in water-receiving areas of the South-to-North Water Diversion Project in China. Water Res. 2016;89:9-19 pubmed publisher..The results of this study provide a useful recommendation on the management of water resources for China. ..
- Wang D, Li Y, Li Puma G, Lianos P, Wang C, Wang P. Photoelectrochemical cell for simultaneous electricity generation and heavy metals recovery from wastewater. J Hazard Mater. 2017;323:681-689 pubmed publisher..The cathodic reduction of heavy metals was limited by the rate of electron-hole generation at the photoanode. The PEC performance decreased by 30% after 9 consecutive runs, caused by the photoanode progressive degradation. ..
- Zhang C, Li Y, Zhang W, Wang P, Wang C. Metal-free virucidal effects induced by g-C3N4 under visible light irradiation: Statistical analysis and parameter optimization. Chemosphere. 2018;195:551-558 pubmed publisher..Our study provides not only an extended application of RSM in photocatalytic viral inactivation but also a green and effective method for water disinfection. ..
- Wang L, Li Y, Wang L, Zhu M, Zhu X, Qian C, et al. Responses of biofilm microorganisms from moving bed biofilm reactor to antibiotics exposure: Protective role of extracellular polymeric substances. Bioresour Technol. 2018;254:268-277 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated the protective roles of biofilm EPS in resisting antibiotics stresses, which provides important implications for understanding the bioremediation of antibiotics in biofilm systems. ..
- Wang L, Li Y, Niu L, Zhang W, Li J, Yang N. Experimental studies and kinetic modeling of the growth of phenol-degrading bacteria in turbulent fluids. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2016;23:22711-22720 pubmed..Graphical abstract Cell nutrition uptake cartoon schematic diagram for M. oxydans LY1 under different turbulent condition (50 and 200 rpm). ..
- Cai W, Li Y, Wang P, Niu L, Zhang W, Wang C. Effect of the pollution level on the functional bacterial groups aiming at degrading bisphenol A and nonylphenol in natural biofilms of an urban river. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2016;23:15727-38 pubmed publisher..Alcaligenaceae and Pseudomonadaceae were associated with higher concentrations of TP and CODMn and inversely correlated with DO concentration. This study might provide effective data on bacterial group changes in polluted urban rivers. ..
- Upreti A, Khadgi N, Li Y. Mechanistic investigation of visible light driven photocatalytic inactivation of E. coli by Ag-AgCl/ZnFe2O4. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2018;25:9331-9341 pubmed publisher..The leaked cytoplasmic substances and cell debris were further degraded and, ultimately, mineralized with prolonged photocatalytic treatment. ..
- Li Y, Zhang C, Shuai D, Naraginti S, Wang D, Zhang W. Visible-light-driven photocatalytic inactivation of MS2 by metal-free g-C3N4: Virucidal performance and mechanism. Water Res. 2016;106:249-258 pubmed publisher..Our work opens a new avenue for the exploration and applications of a low-cost, high-efficient, and robust metal-free photocatalyst for green/sustainable viral disinfection. ..
- Li Y, Li J, Wang C, Wang P. Growth kinetics and phenol biodegradation of psychrotrophic Pseudomonas putida LY1. Bioresour Technol. 2010;101:6740-4 pubmed publisher..putida LY1 were almost within the range reported for other organisms in previous literature. This information on a psychrotrophic organism is of great importance for low temperature bioremediation of contaminated environments. ..
- Wang L, Li Y, Niu L, Zhang W, Zhang H, Wang L, et al. Response of ammonia oxidizing archaea and bacteria to decabromodiphenyl ether and copper contamination in river sediments. Chemosphere. 2018;191:858-867 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a better understanding of the ecotoxicological effects of heavy metal and micropollutant combined exposure on AOA and AOB in river sediments. ..
- Li J, Li Y, Qian B, Niu L, Zhang W, Cai W, et al. Development and validation of a bacteria-based index of biotic integrity for assessing the ecological status of urban rivers: A case study of Qinhuai River basin in Nanjing, China. J Environ Manage. 2017;196:161-167 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, repeted surveys and field validations are still needed to further improve the applicability of the index in future studies. ..
- Ye Q, Li Y, Zhuo L, Zhang W, Xiong W, Wang C, et al. Optimal allocation of physical water resources integrated with virtual water trade in water scarce regions: A case study for Beijing, China. Water Res. 2018;129:264-276 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that physical water resources would mainly satisfy the consumption of urban and environment, and the unbalance between water supply and demand could be filled by virtual water import in water scarce regions. ..
- Gao Q, Li Y, Cheng Q, Yu M, Hu B, Wang Z, et al. Analysis and assessment of the nutrients, biochemical indexes and heavy metals in the Three Gorges Reservoir, China, from 2008 to 2013. Water Res. 2016;92:262-74 pubmed publisher..However, rural pollution became worse in those years. Improper agricultural activity was an important reason for this trend. For local residents, drinking water was generally safe, but cancer caused by As and Pb is a potential issue. ..
- Cai W, Li Y, Niu L, Zhang W, Wang C, Wang P, et al. New insights into the spatial variability of biofilm communities and potentially negative bacterial groups in hydraulic concrete structures. Water Res. 2017;123:495-504 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study contributed to the optimization of microbial control and the improvement of the safety management for water conservation structures. ..
- Wu H, Li Y, Zhang J, Niu L, Zhang W, Cai W, et al. Sediment bacterial communities in a eutrophic lake influenced by multiple inflow-rivers. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2017;24:19795-19806 pubmed publisher..This study provides a reference to understand the influence of inflow-rivers on the lake ecosystem, which offered a basic guidance for maintaining the ecological system and protecting the water environment of lacustrine basin. ..
- Naraginti S, Li Y. Preliminary investigation of catalytic, antioxidant, anticancer and bactericidal activity of green synthesized silver and gold nanoparticles using Actinidia deliciosa. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;170:225-234 pubmed publisher..Our results revealed that the green synthesis method is easy, rapid, inexpensive, eco-friendly and efficient in developing multifunctional nanoparticles in near future in the field of biomedicine, water treatment and nanobiotechnology. ..