Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Fudan University
- Beta-adrenoceptor mediated surgery-induced production of pro-inflammatory cytokines in rat microglia cellsJun Wang
Department of Integrative Medicine and Neurobiology, State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Neuroimmunol 223:77-83. 2010..In conclusion, the results suggest that beta-ARs possess pro-inflammatory properties by modulating the functions of microglia cell...
- Electroacupuncture downregulates TLR2/4 and pro-inflammatory cytokine expression after surgical trauma stress without adrenal glands involvementJun Wang
Dept of Integrative Medicine Neurobiology, Institute of Acupuncture Research, WHO Collaborating Center for Traditional Medicine, State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Fudan University, 138 Yi Xue Yuan Road, Shanghai, China
Brain Res Bull 80:89-94. 2009..EA inhibits TLR2/4 and pro-inflammatory cytokines to produce an anti-inflammatory effect in a surgical trauma stress model, without adrenal gland involvement...
- Huperzine A ameliorates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis via the suppression of T cell-mediated neuronal inflammation in miceJun Wang
Department of Integrative Medicine and Neurobiology, State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College, Institute of Acupuncture Research, WHO Collaborating Center for Traditional Medicine, Institutes of Brain Science, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Exp Neurol 236:79-87. 2012..Therefore, HupA may have a potential therapeutic value for the treatment of multiple sclerosis and as a neuroimmunomodulatory drug to control human CNS pathology...
- Elevated transcriptional co-activator p102 mediates angiotensin II type 1 receptor up-regulation and extracellular matrix overproduction in the high glucose-treated rat glomerular mesangial cells and isolated glomeruliZhen Wang
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, 138 Yixueyuan Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Eur J Pharmacol 702:208-17. 2013..The activation of RAS stimulates TGF-β1 and fibronectin production, which further results in ECM accumulation...
- Lipoxins and aspirin-triggered lipoxin alleviate bone cancer pain in association with suppressing expression of spinal proinflammatory cytokinesShan Hu
Institute of Acupuncture Research WHO Collaborating Center for Traditional Medicine, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Shanghai Medical College, Institutes of Brain Science, Fudan University, 138 Yi Xue Yuan Road, PO Box 291, Shanghai 200032, China
J Neuroinflammation 9:278. 2012..In this study, we investigated the effects of intrathecal injection with lipoxin and related analogues on CIBP in rats...
- In vivo experimental study of hat type cervical intervertebral fusion cage (HCIFC)Yu Tong Gu
Department of Orthopaedics, Zhongshan Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Int Orthop 34:1251-9. 2010..HCIFC can provide a good intervertebral distractability and sufficient biomechanical stability for cervical fusion...
- Involvement of spinal neurotrophin-3 in electroacupuncture analgesia and inhibition of spinal glial activation in rat model of monoarthritisWen Li Mi
Department of Integrative Medicine and Neurobiology, Institute of Acupuncture Research, State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Institutes of Brain Science, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Pain 12:974-84. 2011..These results suggested that endogenous NT-3 may be involved in the analgesic effect of EA on inflammatory pain in rats, mediated through the inhibition of spinal glial activity as well as proinflammatory cytokine production...
- Electroacupuncture combined with clomipramine enhances antidepressant effect in rodentsJin Yu
Department of Integrative Medicine and Neurobiology, Institute of Acupuncture Research WHO Collaborating Center for Traditional Medicine, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Neurosci Lett 421:5-9. 2007..5mg/kg CLO alone. These results demonstrated that EA combined with CLO at low doses has an additive or synergistic antidepressant action, and this combination may provide an effective strategy for depression management...
- A rat model of bone cancer pain induced by intra-tibia inoculation of Walker 256 mammary gland carcinoma cellsQi Liang Mao-Ying
Department of Integrative Medicine and Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 345:1292-8. 2006..In summary, the present study provided a useful and easily established rat model of bone cancer pain which will contribute to further study of the mechanisms underlying cancer pain...
- Sympathetic nervous system mediates surgical trauma stress-induced splenocyte apoptosis in ratsJun Wang
Department of Integrative Medicine and Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, and Department of Pathology, Chang Zheng Hospital, Shanghai, 200032, China
Eur J Pharmacol 565:76-82. 2007..The data clearly revealed that the sympathetic nervous system especially beta-adrenergic receptors was involved in surgical trauma-induced immune alterations via a mechanism of apoptotic cell death...
- Suppression of XBP1S mediates high glucose-induced oxidative stress and extracellular matrix synthesis in renal mesangial cell and kidney of diabetic ratsDecui Shao
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 8:e56124. 2013..These results suggested that XBP1S pathway of ER stress was involved in HG-induced oxidative stress and ECM synthesis. A downstream target of XBP1S in regulating ROS formation might be NADPH oxidase...
- Neuron-glial cell communication in the traumatic stress-induced immunomodulationHui Zhao
Department of Integrative Medicine and Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, People s Republic of China
Synapse 65:433-40. 2011..ERK1/2-signaling events are required for the temporal and spatial coordination between neuron and glial cells...
- Changes in expression of nociceptin/orphanin FQ and its receptor in spinal dorsal horn during electroacupuncture treatment for peripheral inflammatory pain in ratsXin Fu
Institute of Acupuncture Research, Institutes of Brain Science, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Peptides 28:1220-8. 2007..The present data demonstrated that EA could activate the endogenous N/OFQ-NOP receptor system, and this might underlie the effectiveness of EA in the treatment of inflammatory pain...
- Stage-dependent analgesia of electro-acupuncture in a mouse model of cutaneous cancer painQi Liang Mao-Ying
Department of Integrative Medicine and Neurobiology, Institute of Acupuncture Research, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Post Box 291, 138 Yi Xue Yuan Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Eur J Pain 10:689-94. 2006..The results demonstrated that EA had anti-hyperalgesic effect on early stage of cutaneous cancer pain but not on late stage. These results indicated a tight correlation of EA anti-hyperalgesic effects with the time window of cancer pain...
- Predicting subcellular location of apoptosis proteins with pseudo amino acid composition: approach from amino acid substitution matrix and auto covariance transformationXiaoqing Yu
Department of Mathematics, Shanghai Normal University, 200234, Shanghai, China
Amino Acids 42:1619-25. 2012..The results obtained by jackknife test are quite promising, indicating that the proposed method might serve as a potential and efficient prediction model for apoptosis protein subcellular location prediction...
- Prioritization of candidate disease genes by topological similarity between disease and protein diffusion profilesJie Zhu
Department of Mathematics, Shanghai Normal University, Shanghai, China
BMC Bioinformatics 14:S5. 2013..A recent comparative study showed that diffusion-based methods achieve the state-of-the-art predictive performance...
- Electroacupuncture suppresses surgical trauma stress-induced lymphocyte apoptosis in ratsJun Wang
Department of Integrative Medicine and Neurobiology, Institute of Acupuncture Research, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, PR China
Neurosci Lett 383:68-72. 2005..These results implied that EA could decrease splenic lymphocytes apoptosis via inhibiting Fas protein expression; consequently prevent deleterious immunological changes in the post-operative state...
- SOAPfusion: a robust and effective computational fusion discovery tool for RNA-seq readsJikun Wu
Department of Computer Science, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China, BGI Shenzhen, Shenzhen, China, Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research, University of Copenhagen and Guangzhou Key Laboratory of Cancer Trans Omics Research, BGI Guangzhou, Guangzhou, China
Bioinformatics 29:2971-8. 2013..Most of the existing computational fusion detection tools are challenged by the issues of accuracy and how to handle multiple mappings...
- Regulation of transforming growth factor-beta 1-induced apoptosis and epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition by protein kinase A and signal transducers and activators of transcription 3Yanan Yang
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Cancer Res 66:8617-24. 2006..These studies provided a new insight into the signaling mechanism underlying the apoptosis and EMT, which could be of importance in understanding some related physiologic and pathologic processes...
- The feasibility of using a baculovirus vector to deliver the sodium-iodide symporter gene as a reporterXiang Zhou
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Ruijin Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Nucl Med Biol 37:299-308. 2010....
- Characterization of Fyn signaling on the age-dependent immuno-modulation on traumatic ratsSheng Xiao
Department of Integrative Medicine and Neurobiology, National Key Lab of Medical Neurobiology, Institute of Brain Research Sciences, Fudan University, 138 Yixueyuan Rd Box 291, Shanghai, 200032, PR China
Brain Res 1255:162-9. 2009..Taken together, the data indicated that immunological processes in response to traumatic stress was age dependent, Fyn-ERK1/2 signal pathway was required to convey the recovery signals...
- Reconstruction of the abdominal vagus nerve using sural nerve grafts in canine modelsJingbo Liu
Department of Hand Surgery, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 8:e58903. 2013..Recently, vagus nerve preservation or reconstruction of vagus has received increasing attention. The present study aimed to investigate the feasibility of reconstructing the severed vagal trunk using an autologous sural nerve graft...
- [In vivo experimental study of hat type cervical intervertebral fusion cage]Yu Tong Gu
Department of Orthopaedics, Zhongshan Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 44:1127-31. 2006..To compare the characteristics of interbody fusion achieved using hat type cervical intervertebral fusion cage (HCIFC) with those of an autologous tricortical iliac crest graft, Harms cage and Carbon cage in a goat cervical spine model...
- MiR-126 restoration down-regulate VEGF and inhibit the growth of lung cancer cell lines in vitro and in vivoBo Liu
Cardiovascular Department, Changhai Hospital, Shanghai, China
Lung Cancer 66:169-75. 2009..8035+/-0.1521 to 0.6235+/-0.0757g, with the inhibitive rate being 22.4%. All these results revealed that miR-126 may have a tumor suppressor function in lung cancer cells and could be a promising treatment in anticancer therapy...
- Aberrant survivin expression in endometrial hyperplasia: another mechanism of progestin resistanceXiaojun Chen
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Shanghai Medical College Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Mod Pathol 22:699-708. 2009..Intermittent, rather than continuous, progestin treatment may be more effective clinically for the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia...
- Prediction of regulatory interactions in Arabidopsis using gene-expression data and support vector machinesXiaoqing Yu
Department of Mathematics, Shanghai Normal University, Shanghai, China
Plant Physiol Biochem 49:280-3. 2011..68%. Our approach could help to widen the understanding of Arabidopsis gene regulatory scheme and may offer a cost-effective alternative to construct the gene regulatory network...
- Self-assembly of all-conjugated poly(3-alkylthiophene) diblock copolymer nanostructures from mixed selective solventsMing He
The Key Laboratory of Molecular Engineering of Polymers, Ministry of Education, Department of Macromolecular Science, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
ACS Nano 4:3241-7. 2010....
- Counteraction between angiotensin II and angiotensin-(1-7) via activating angiotensin type I and Mas receptor on rat renal mesangial cellsHong Xue
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Regul Pept 177:12-20. 2012..These results suggest that Ang-(1-7) and Ang II specifically interact with each other on rat renal MCs via activation of their specific receptors, Mas and AT1 receptor respectively...