- Yang N, Li C, Tian G, Zhu M, Bu W, Chen J, et al. Organic acid component from Taraxacum mongolicum Hand.-Mazz alleviates inflammatory injury in lipopolysaccharide-induced acute tracheobronchitis of ICR mice through TLR4/NF-ÎºB signaling pathway. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;34:92-100 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that TMHM-OAC could improve LPS-induced histopathological damage of tracheal tissues through the regulation of TLR4/NF-ÎºB signaling pathway and could be beneficial for the treatment of acute tracheobronchitis. ..
- Wang C, Yuan J, Qin D, Gu J, Zhao B, Zhang L, et al. Protection of tauroursodeoxycholic acid on high glucose-induced human retinal microvascular endothelial cells dysfunction and streptozotocin-induced diabetic retinopathy rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;185:162-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, our experimental results suggested that TUDCA might be a potential drug for the prevention and treatment of DR. ..
- Yang N, Dong Z, Tian G, Zhu M, Li C, Bu W, et al. Protective effects of organic acid component from Taraxacum mongolicum Hand.-Mazz. against LPS-induced inflammation: Regulating the TLR4/IKK/NF-?B signal pathway. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;194:395-402 pubmed publisher..TMHM-OAC can reduce LPS-induced inflammation in NHBE cells and this function could be linked to the regulation of the TLR4/IKK/NF-kB pathway. ..
- Chen J, Hou X, Wang G, Zhong Q, Liu Y, Qiu H, et al. Terpene glycoside component from Moutan Cortex ameliorates diabetic nephropathy by regulating endoplasmic reticulum stress-related inflammatory responses. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;193:433-444 pubmed publisher..Thus, MC-TG might be a potential therapeutic candidate for the prevention and treatment of DN. ..
- Wang H, Gu J, Hou X, Chen J, Yang N, Liu Y, et al. Anti-inflammatory effect of miltirone on inflammatory bowel disease via TLR4/NF-?B/IQGAP2 signaling pathway. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;85:531-540 pubmed publisher..All these revealed that the anti-inflammatory effect of miltirone on IBD may be via regulating TLR4/NF-?B/IQGAP2 signaling pathway. The findings might supply beneficial hints for the drug research to cure the IBD. ..
- Chen J, Yuan J, Zhou L, Zhu M, Shi Z, Song J, et al. Regulation of different components from Ophiopogon japonicus on autophagy in human lung adenocarcinoma A549Cells through PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling pathway. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;87:118-126 pubmed publisher..Thus, FOJ or SSOJ could be a potential autophagy inducer to prevent the process of lung cancer. ..
- Liu B, Zhou J, Li Y, Zou X, Wu J, Gu J, et al. Hederagenin from the leaves of ivy (Hedera helix L.) induces apoptosis in human LoVo colon cells through the mitochondrial pathway. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014;14:412 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggested that hederagenin might be a promising therapeutic candidate for human colon cancer. ..
- Feng L, Jia X, Zhu M, Chen Y, Shi F. Antioxidant activities of total phenols of Prunella vulgaris L. in vitro and in tumor-bearing mice. Molecules. 2010;15:9145-56 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that P-60 extract had high antioxidant activity in vitro and in vivo and total phenols played an important role in antioxidant activity for inhibition of tumor growth...
- Qiu H, Zhang L, Zhu M, Zhang M, Chen J, Feng L, et al. Capture of anti-coagulant active ingredients from Moutan Cortex by platelet immobilized chromatography and evaluation of anticoagulant activity in rats. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;95:235-244 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that MC markedly promoted blood circulation and relieved blood stasis by inhibiting platelet activation, as an anti-coagulant, elucidating its potential capacity to treat cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Gu J, Chen J, Yang N, Hou X, Wang J, Tan X, et al. Combination of Ligusticum chuanxiong and Radix Paeoniae ameliorate focal cerebral ischemic in MCAO rats via endoplasmic reticulum stress-dependent apoptotic signaling pathway. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;187:313-24 pubmed publisher..These findings might supply beneficial hints for the synergy of CX and CS, and provide the basis for rationality of XS preparation and deserve further clinical investigations. ..
- Dong Z, Zhang Y, Zhao B, Li C, Tian G, Niu B, et al. Screening for anti-inflammatory components from Corydalis bungeana Turcz. based on macrophage binding combined with HPLC. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:363 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that corynoline and 12-hydroxycorynoline contribute to the anti-inflammatory effects of the alkaloid extract of CB. Our findings suggest that these two compounds can be used as candidate for anti-inflammatory drugs. ..
- Chen J, Zhao D, Zhu M, Zhang M, Hou X, Ding W, et al. Paeoniflorin ameliorates AGEs-induced mesangial cell injury through inhibiting RAGE/mTOR/autophagy pathway. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;89:1362-1369 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found PF inhibited autophagy at least partly through inhibiting RAGE and upregulating the level of p-mTOR to against AGEs-induced mesangial cell dysfunction. Thus, PF could be a potential agent for the treatment of DN. ..
- Ke Z, Wang G, Yang L, Qiu H, Wu H, Du M, et al. Crude terpene glycoside component from Radix paeoniae rubra protects against isoproterenol-induced myocardial ischemic injury via activation of the PI3K/AKT/mTOR signaling pathway. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;206:160-169 pubmed publisher..Thus, CS -TG might be a potential therapeutic candidate for the prevention and treatment of myocardial ischemia. ..
- Zhao Y, Wei J, Hou X, Liu H, Guo F, Zhou Y, et al. SIRT1 rs10823108 and FOXO1 rs17446614 responsible for genetic susceptibility to diabetic nephropathy. Sci Rep. 2017;7:10285 pubmed publisher..15-1.94) and AT (OR: 1.79, 95%CI: 1.06-2.80) within FOXO1 gene may increase the risk of T2DN. In conclusion, genetic variant rs10823108 in SIRT1 and variant rs17446614 in FoxO1 may contribute to the risk of DN in T2DM patients. ..
- Feng L, Jia X, Shi F, Chen Y. Identification of two polysaccharides from Prunella vulgaris L. and evaluation on their anti-lung adenocarcinoma activity. Molecules. 2010;15:5093-103 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that polysaccharides of PV had anti-lung cancer activity and could increase the thymus index and the spleen index in tumor-bearing mice, suggesting possible immunomodulation effects...