W C S Cho
- Liu X, Cho W. Precision medicine in immune checkpoint blockade therapy for non-small cell lung cancer. Clin Transl Med. 2017;6:7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in this era of precision medicine, there is an urgent need for predictive biomarkers to identify NSCLC patients likely to benefit from this novel therapy. ..
- Liu X, Fu Q, Du Y, Yang Y, Cho W. MicroRNA as Regulators of Cancer Stem Cells and Chemoresistance in Colorectal Cancer. Curr Cancer Drug Targets. 2016;16:738-754 pubmed
- Yang Y, Du Y, Liu X, Cho W. Involvement of Non-coding RNAs in the Signaling Pathways of Colorectal Cancer. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2016;937:19-51 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, we summarize the latest findings on ncRNAs, with a focus on miRNAs and lncRNAs involving in signaling networks and in the regulation of pathogenic signaling pathways in CRC. ..
- Cho W. Epigenetic alteration of microRNAs in feces of colorectal cancer and its clinical significance. Expert Rev Mol Diagn. 2011;11:691-4 pubmed publisher..This article evaluates a recently published study investigating the usefulness of epigenetically silenced miRNAs in fecal specimens, including miR-34b/c and miR-148a, as potential markers for CRC screening and prognosis. ..
- Liu G, Pei F, Yang F, Li L, Amin A, Liu S, et al. Role of Autophagy and Apoptosis in Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Here, we review the recent advances of the relationship between autophagy and apoptosis in NSCLC, aiming to provide few insights into the discovery of novel pathogenic factors and the development of new cancer therapeutics. ..
- Kyrochristos I, Glantzounis G, Ziogas D, Gizas I, Schizas D, Lykoudis E, et al. From Clinical Standards to Translating Next-Generation Sequencing Research into Patient Care Improvement for Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Cancers. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..This review discusses the findings of available NGS studies on HBP cancers and the limitations of genome sequencing analysis to translate genome-based biomarkers and drugs into patient care in the clinic. ..
- Cho W, Leung K. In vitro and in vivo anti-tumor effects of Astragalus membranaceus. Cancer Lett. 2007;252:43-54 pubmed..Collectively, the results showed that A. membranaceus could exhibit both in vitro and in vivo anti-tumor effects, which might be achieved through activating the anti-tumor immune mechanism of the host...
- Cho W, Kwan C, Yau S, So P, Poon P, Au J. The role of inflammation in the pathogenesis of lung cancer. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2011;15:1127-37 pubmed publisher..Along with therapeutic benefits, immunotherapy presents the challenges of drug-related toxicities. Gene modification of immunocytokine may lower the associated toxic effects. ..
- Cho W, Yip T, Cheng W, Au J. Serum amyloid A is elevated in the serum of lung cancer patients with poor prognosis. Br J Cancer. 2010;102:1731-5 pubmed publisher..Our study not only detected increased SAA level in the serum of lung cancer patients but also identified that elevated SAA level may be a non-invasive biomarker useful for the prediction of lung cancer prognosis. ..
- Cho W, Chow A, Au J. Restoration of tumour suppressor hsa-miR-145 inhibits cancer cell growth in lung adenocarcinoma patients with epidermal growth factor receptor mutation. Eur J Cancer. 2009;45:2197-206 pubmed publisher..Further study on these specific differentially expressed miRNAs may provide important information on peculiar tumourigenetic pathways and may identify useful biomarkers. ..
- Cho W, Leung K. In vitro and in vivo immunomodulating and immunorestorative effects of Astragalus membranaceus. J Ethnopharmacol. 2007;113:132-41 pubmed..Collectively, the results clearly showed that AI could exhibit immunomodulating and immunorestorative effects, both in vitro and in vivo...