Affiliation: Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Yin Y, Huang R, Li T, Ruan Z, Xie M, Deng Z, et al. Amino acid metabolism in the portal-drained viscera of young pigs: effects of dietary supplementation with chitosan and pea hull. Amino Acids. 2010;39:1581-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, this improved technique is useful to quantify in vivo absorption and metabolism of dietary AA in young pigs. ..
- Xie C, Wu X, Long C, Wang Q, Fan Z, Li S, et al. Chitosan oligosaccharide affects antioxidant defense capacity and placental amino acids transport of sows. BMC Vet Res. 2016;12:243 pubmed
- He X, Duan Y, Yao K, Li F, Hou Y, Wu G, et al. Î²-Hydroxy-Î²-methylbutyrate, mitochondrial biogenesis, and skeletal muscle health. Amino Acids. 2016;48:653-64 pubmed publisher..As a nitrogen-free metabolite, HMB holds great promise to improve skeletal muscle mass and function, as well as whole-body health and well-being of animals and humans. ..
- Li Y, Yao J, Han C, Yang J, Chaudhry M, Wang S, et al. Quercetin, Inflammation and Immunity. Nutrients. 2016;8:167 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, further studies are needed to better characterize the mechanisms of action underlying the beneficial effects of quercetin on inflammation and immunity. ..
- Xiong X, Yang H, Hu X, Wang X, Li B, Long L, et al. Differential proteome analysis along jejunal crypt-villus axis in piglets. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2016;21:343-63 pubmed..Identification of BBM-associated proteins helps enhance our understanding of digestion and absorption in piglets and other mammals, including humans. ..
- Zhang Y, Wan D, Zhou X, Long C, Wu X, Li L, et al. Diurnal variations in iron concentrations and expression of genes involved in iron absorption and metabolism in pigs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:1210-1214 pubmed publisher..The diurnal variations in serum iron levels may also have pathophysiological implications for clinical diagnostics related to iron deficiency anemia in pigs. ..
- Ren W, Liu G, Yin J, Chen S, Li T, Kong X, et al. Draft Genome Sequence of Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli Strain W25K. Genome Announc. 2014;2: pubmed publisher..Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) is a major cause of diarrheal disease in humans and newly weaned pigs. Here, we report the draft genome sequence of ETEC strain W25K, which causes diarrhea in piglets. ..
- Yin L, Yang H, Li J, Li Y, Ding X, Wu G, et al. Pig models on intestinal development and therapeutics. Amino Acids. 2017;49:2099-2106 pubmed publisher..Because of similarities in anatomy and physiology between pigs and mankind, more emphasises are put on how to use the piglet model for human organ transplantation research...
- Tan B, Liu H, He G, Xiao H, Xiao D, Liu Y, et al. Alanyl-glutamine but not glycyl-glutamine improved the proliferation of enterocytes as glutamine substitution in vitro. Amino Acids. 2017;49:2023-2031 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Ala-Gln has the very similar functional profile to free Gln in porcine enterocytes in vitro and can be substituted Gln as energy and protein sources in the gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Hussain T, Tan B, Ren W, Rahu N, Dad R, Kalhoro D, et al. Polyamines: therapeutic perspectives in oxidative stress and inflammatory diseases. Amino Acids. 2017;49:1457-1468 pubmed publisher..In this review, we expand the knowledge on the metabolism of polyamines, and its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory activities which might have future implications against inflammatory diseases in humans and animals. ..
- Xiao D, Zeng L, Yao K, Kong X, Wu G, Yin Y. The glutamine-alpha-ketoglutarate (AKG) metabolism and its nutritional implications. Amino Acids. 2016;48:2067-80 pubmed publisher..The main objective of this review is to highlight the metabolic pathways of glutamine to AKG, with special emphasis on nutritional and therapeutic use of glutamine-AKG axis to improve the health and well-being of animals and humans. ..
- He L, Zhou X, Huang N, Li H, Li T, Yao K, et al. Functions of pregnane X receptor in self-detoxification. Amino Acids. 2017;49:1999-2007 pubmed publisher..In this review we summarize recent advances on remarkable metabolic and regulatory versatility of PXR, and we emphasizes its role and potential implication as an effective modulator of self-detoxification in animals and humans. ..
- Liu G, Ren W, Fang J, HU C, Guan G, Al Dhabi N, et al. L-Glutamine and L-arginine protect against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli infection via intestinal innate immunity in mice. Amino Acids. 2017;49:1945-1954 pubmed publisher..g., the mRNA expression of pIgR, CRS1C, and Reg3?) in the intestine of ETEC-infected mice. Our results suggest that dietary arginine or glutamine supplementation may inhibit intestinal ETEC infection through intestinal innate immunity. ..
- Zhou X, Wan D, Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Long C, Chen S, et al. Diurnal variations in polyunsaturated fatty acid contents and expression of genes involved in their de novo synthesis in pigs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;483:430-434 pubmed publisher..These findings have important physiological and pathophysiological implications, since long chain PUFA are essential for cell function and closely involved in the development of metabolic syndrome. ..
- Zhou X, He L, Wan D, Yang H, Yao K, Wu G, et al. Methionine restriction on lipid metabolism and its possible mechanisms. Amino Acids. 2016;48:1533-40 pubmed publisher..In addition, the possible mechanisms that might be engaged in the regulation of MR diet on lipid metabolism are also discussed. ..
- He C, Tang H, Mei Z, Li N, Zeng Z, Darko K, et al. Human interstitial cellular model in therapeutics of heart valve calcification. Amino Acids. 2017;49:1981-1997 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize these potential therapeutics with some highlights of interstitial cellular models. ..
- Xu K, Liu H, Bai M, Gao J, Wu X, Yin Y. Redox Properties of Tryptophan Metabolism and the Concept of Tryptophan Use in Pregnancy. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Abnormal pregnancies and some associated disorders may be associated with disordered Trp metabolism related to OS. Mounting evidence suggests that the investigation of the use of Trp and its metabolites in pregnancy will be meanful. ..
- Wu X, Xie C, Guo X, Long C, Zhang T, Gao T, et al. A Maternal Two-meal Feeding Sequence with Varying Crude Protein Affects Milk Lipid Profile in A Sow-Piglet Model. Sci Rep. 2017;7:13742 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that both the maternal two-meal feeding sequences with varying crude protein improved milk production and milk lipid profiles of sows, which might contribute to improving growth performance of piglets. ..
- Jiang Q, Chen J, Liu S, Liu G, Yao K, Yin Y. l-Glutamine Attenuates Apoptosis Induced by Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress by Activating the IRE1?-XBP1 Axis in IPEC-J2: A Novel Mechanism of l-Glutamine in Promoting Intestinal Health. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..We propose that the functional effect of l-glutamine on intestinal health may be partly due to its modulation of ERS and CHOP-mediated apoptosis. ..