Affiliation: Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Zhu H, Yao X, Wu L, Li C, Bai J, Gao H, et al. Association of TGF-β1 and WIF1 Expression with 36 Paired Primary/Recurrent Nonfunctioning Pituitary Adenomas: A High-Throughput Tissue Microarrays Immunohistochemical Study. World Neurosurg. 2018;119:e23-e31 pubmed publisher..The expression of TGF-β1 and WIF1 in NFPAs correlated with cell proliferation and recurrence potential. They may be good markers of progressive behavior in NFPAs; however, the biologic mechanism needs further study. ..
- Zhai Y, Bai J, Wang S, Du J, Wang J, Li C, et al. Differences in Dural Penetration of Clival Chordomas Are Associated with Different Prognosis and Expression of Platelet-Derived Growth Factor Receptor-?. World Neurosurg. 2017;98:288-295 pubmed publisher..Clival chordomas have different degrees of dural penetration. Patients with chordomas with serious dural penetration have poorer prognosis. Higher expression of PDGFR-? is related to more serious dural penetration of clival chordomas. ..
- Chen Y, Fang H, Li Z, Yu S, Li C, Wu Z, et al. Treatment of Middle Cranial Fossa Arachnoid Cysts: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. World Neurosurg. 2016;92:480-490.e2 pubmed publisher..005); RTC and RSTC between group I and group II (P = 0.002). All 3 surgical methods are effective for MCFACs, but considering safety, neuroendoscopic fenestration may be the best initial procedure. ..
- Chunhui L, Chuzhong L, Zhenye L, Yilin S, Yazhuo Z. Malignant Transformation of Radiotherapy-NaÃ¯ve Craniopharyngioma. World Neurosurg. 2016;88:690.e1-5 pubmed publisher..Patients with a high Ki-67 index and high p53, MMP-9, and VEGF protein levels and a new solid component of craniopharyngioma on MRI may benefit from aggressive treatment and close surveillance. ..
- Liu C, Gao H, Cao L, Gui S, Liu Q, Li C, et al. The role of FSCN1 in migration and invasion of pituitary adenomas. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;419:217-24 pubmed publisher..In addition, reduction of FSCN1 can obviously down-regulate the level of Notch1 and DLL3. Our data may help in deciding whether FSCN1 can be a predictor for invasion and recurrence of PAs. ..
- Li C, Zong X, Wang X, Gui S, Zhang Y. Intraoperative Hemorrhage in Ventriculoscopic Surgery: Experience of a Single Chinese Neurosurgery Center. World Neurosurg. 2016;88:548-51 pubmed publisher..Generally, a skilled neurosurgeon can address hemorrhage with a low complication rate. Consequently, the ventriculoscopic approach is safe and effective in the treatment of specified brain ventricular disease. ..
- Zheng J, Li C, Chen G, Song G, Zhang Y. Three-Dimensional Printed Skull Base Simulation for Transnasal Endoscopic Surgical Training. World Neurosurg. 2018;111:e773-e782 pubmed publisher..5 to 4.9. The 3D-printed SBS simulation is a practical, economical, high-fidelity model. It has great potential for anatomic education and operative training in transnasal endoscopic surgery. ..
- Zhou Y, Li C, Gao H, Zhang Y. The Effects of Smad3 on Adrenocorticotropic Hormone-Secreting Pituitary Adenoma Development, Cell Proliferation, Apoptosis, and Hormone Secretion. World Neurosurg. 2018;114:e329-e337 pubmed publisher..Tumor suppression was possibly mediated by the promotion of pSmad3 and the reduction of BCL-2 and POMC expression. ..
- Hou R, Zhang Z, Yang D, Wang H, Chen W, Li Z, et al. Pressure balance and imbalance in the optic nerve chamber: The Beijing Intracranial and Intraocular Pressure (iCOP) Study. Sci China Life Sci. 2016;59:495-503 pubmed publisher..This change may play a role in the development and progression of various ophthalmic and neurological diseases, including glaucoma. ..
- Li C, Zhu H, Zong X, Wang X, Gui S, Zhao P, et al. History, Current Situation, and Future Development of Endoscopic Neurosurgery in China. World Neurosurg. 2018;110:270-275 pubmed publisher..Following the dramatic efforts of several pioneers, development of Chinese endoscopic neurosurgery has been considerable, and it has become an important component of neurosurgery worldwide. ..
- Hua G, Yanjiao H, Qian L, Jichao W, Yazhuo Z. Detection of circulating tumor cells in patients with pituitary tumors. BMC Cancer. 2018;18:336 pubmed publisher..CTCs can be detected in benign tumors such as PAs and not only in late-stage malignant tumors with apparent distant metastases. The present findings suggest that pituitary carcinomas develop from adenomas. ..
- Dong W, Li J, Liu Q, Liu C, Li C, Song G, et al. P21Waf1/Cip1 and p27Kip1 are correlated with the development and invasion of prolactinoma. J Neurooncol. 2018;136:485-494 pubmed publisher..05, r = 0.567) and p27 levels (P < 0.05, r = 0.591). In PRL, the deficiency in p21 and p27 contributed to the tumor proliferation and migration and Cdk inhibitors may be used as a new therapeutic approach. ..
- Li M, Zhai Y, Bai J, Wang S, Gao H, Li C, et al. SNF5 as a prognostic factor in skull base chordoma. J Neurooncol. 2018;137:139-146 pubmed publisher..010, 0.013 and 0.042, respectively). Age was an independent prognostic factor for OS (p = 0.010). Our study indicate that low expression of SNF5 is associated with poor prognosis in skull base chordoma. ..
- Wu Y, Li C, Zong X, Wang X, Gui S, Gu C, et al. Application of endoscopic third ventriculostomy for treating hydrocephalus-correlated Chiari type I malformation in a single Chinese neurosurgery centre. Neurosurg Rev. 2018;41:249-254 pubmed publisher..The clinical outcomes are related to the major cause of the tonsillar herniation. ..
- Yao X, Gao H, Li C, Wu L, Bai J, Wang J, et al. Analysis of Ki67, HMGA1, MDM2, and RB expression in nonfunctioning pituitary adenomas. J Neurooncol. 2017;132:199-206 pubmed publisher..HMGA1 and MDM2 were more highly expressed in recurrence/regrowth cases of NFPA than in primary NFPA. HMGA1 and MDM2 are biomarkers and potential drug targets for NFPA treatment. ..
- Gao H, Xue Y, Cao L, Liu Q, Liu C, Shan X, et al. ESR1 and its antagonist fulvestrant in pituitary adenomas. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2017;443:32-41 pubmed publisher..U0126 partly rescued cell viability of GH3 cells after fulvestrant exposure. ESR1 can be a potential target for PAs, especially for elder GHomas and NFPAs. Fulvestrant may be a new choice for the treatment of PAs. ..
- Bai J, Zhai Y, Wang S, Gao H, Du J, Wang J, et al. Prognostic Value of a Category Based on Electron Microscopic Features of Clival Chordomas. World Neurosurg. 2017;99:282-287 pubmed publisher..CDT chordoma cells have a more aggressive proliferative ability. Patients with CDT have a poor prognostic factor in clival chordoma, which has a higher risk of recurrence and a shorter survival. ..
- Zhai Y, Bai J, Gao H, Wang S, Li M, Gui S, et al. Clinical Features and Prognostic Factors of Children and Adolescents with Clival Chordomas. World Neurosurg. 2017;98:323-328 pubmed publisher..Platelet-derived growth factor receptor-? may play a role in tumorigenesis and epithelial-mesenchymal transition of clival chordomas. ..
- Feng J, Yu S, Li C, Li Z, Zhang Y. Integrative proteomics and transcriptomics revealed that activation of the IL-6R/JAK2/STAT3/MMP9 signaling pathway is correlated with invasion of pituitary null cell adenomas. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;436:195-203 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we validated the overexpression of IL-6R, JAK2, STAT3, p-STAT3 and MMP9 in invasive PNCAs. Our data suggest that overactivation of the IL-6R/JAK2/STAT3/MMP9 pathway is critical for the invasion of PNCAs. ..
- Song G, Qiu J, Li C, Li J, Gui S, Zhu H, et al. Alterations of regional homogeneity and functional connectivity in pituitary adenoma patients with visual impairment. Sci Rep. 2017;7:13074 pubmed publisher..These findings may provide important insights to understand the plasticity of visual network. ..
- Gao H, Wang F, Lan X, Li C, Feng J, Bai J, et al. Lower PRDM2 expression is associated with dopamine-agonist resistance and tumor recurrence in prolactinomas. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:272 pubmed publisher..PRDM2 downregulation may play a role in dopamine-agonist resistance and tumor recurrence in prolactinomas. ..