Genomes and Genes
Gong Hong Wei
Affiliation: Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
- Wang F, Chen H, Yan Y, Liu Y, Zhang S, Liu D. Baicalein protects against the development of angiotensin II-induced abdominal aortic aneurysms by blocking JNK and p38 MAPK signaling. Sci China Life Sci. 2016;59:940-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, it blocks AngII cascade by downregulating angiotensin type 1 receptor (AT1R) and inhibiting mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs). Taken together, our findings show that BAI is an effective agent for AAA prevention. ..
- Xu Z, Chen F, Zhang L, Lu J, Xu P, Liu G, et al. Non-integrating lentiviral vectors based on the minimal S/MAR sequence retain transgene expression in dividing cells. Sci China Life Sci. 2016;59:1024-1033 pubmed..In conclusion, the minimal S/MAR sequence retained the non-integrating lentiviral vectors in dividing cells, which indicates that SNIL vectors have the potential for use as a gene transfer tool. ..
- Lu J, Chen F, Xu Z, Zhang L, Xu P, Liu D, et al. Membrane immunoglobulin expressed by retroviral vector gene transfer mimics partial function of the B-cell receptor in vivo. Sci China Life Sci. 2016;59:49-58 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we provide a methodology for rapidly analyzing the downstream signals of B-cell receptors both in vitro and in vivo, which could expedite the identification of proteins involved in B-cell function. ..
- Yan Y, Pei J, Zhang Y, Zhang R, Wang F, Gao P, et al. The Paraoxonase Gene Cluster Protects Against Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Formation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:291-300 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal, for the first time, a protective role of the PC in AAA formation and suggest PONs as promising targets for AAA prevention. ..
- Lin Q, Wang D, Zhang Z, Liu D. The Applications of Viral Vector-mediated Gene Therapy in China. Hum Gene Ther. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Undoubtedly, Chinese researchers have contributed to this progress. In this review, we highlight the disease applications and strategies of viral vector-mediated gene therapy in preclinical studies and clinical trials in China. ..
- Zhang Z, Xu J, Liu Y, Wang T, Pei J, Cheng L, et al. Mouse macrophage specific knockout of SIRT1 influences macrophage polarization and promotes angiotensin II-induced abdominal aortic aneurysm formation. J Genet Genomics. 2018;45:25-32 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of SIRT1 had the opposite effects. Thus, macrophage specific knockout of SIRT1 influences macrophage polarization and accelerates Ang II-induced AAA formation. ..
- Pei J, Yan Y, Tang X, Zhang Y, Cui S, Zhang Z, et al. Human paraoxonase gene cluster overexpression alleviates angiotensin II-induced cardiac hypertrophy in mice. Sci China Life Sci. 2016;59:1115-1122 pubmed..Taken together, our results identify a novel anti-hypertrophic role for the PON gene cluster, suggesting a possible strategy for the treatment of cardiac hypertrophy through elevating the levels of the PON gene family. ..
- Li Z, Xi Y, Zhu W, Zeng C, Zhang Z, Guo Z, et al. Positive regulation of hepatic miR-122 expression by HNF4?. J Hepatol. 2011;55:602-611 pubmed publisher..Using overexpression and knockdown strategies, we show that HNF4? positively regulates miR122 expression in both Huh7 cells and the mouse liver. Our results suggest that HNF4? is a key regulator of miR-122 expression in the liver. ..
- Zhang Y, Qu Y, Lin Y, Wu X, Chen H, Wang X, et al. Enoyl-CoA hydratase-1 regulates mTOR signaling and apoptosis by sensing nutrients. Nat Commun. 2017;8:464 pubmed publisher..Here, the authors show that exceeding nutrients suppress Enoyl-CoA hydratase-1 (ECHS1) activity by inducing its acetylation resulting in accumulation of fatty acids and branched-chain amino acids and oncogenic mTOR activation. ..