Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Inhibition of fatty acid synthase by polyphenolsWei Xi Tian
Department of Biology, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100049, P R China
Curr Med Chem 13:967-77. 2006..Their IC(50) values range from 5 microM to 40 microM. From these results, a common model for polyphenol inhibitor of FAS is conceived...
- Antimicrobial effect by extracts of rhizome of Alpinia officinarum Hance may relate to its inhibition of beta-ketoacyl-ACP reductaseHui Huang
College of Life Sciences, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, P R China
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 23:362-8. 2008..The irreversible inhibition presented two phases. It is probable that the galangal extract inhibit FabG, thereby displaying antibacterial ability...
- A substitutive substrate for measurements of beta-ketoacyl reductases in two fatty acid synthase systemsYing hui Sun
Department of Biology, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100049, PR China
J Biochem Biophys Methods 70:850-6. 2008..The corresponding Km and kcat values of FAS were 126 mM and 4.63 s(-1) for EAA; 8.7 microM and 4.09 s(-1) for NADPH. Additionally, the inhibitory kinetics of FabG and FAS, by a known inhibitor EGCG, was also studied...
- Low concentration of condensed tannins from catechu significantly inhibits fatty acid synthase and growth of MCF-7 cellsShu yan Zhang
College of Life Science, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, P O Box 4588, Beijing 100049, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 371:654-8. 2008..The inhibition of both FAS activity and MCF-7 growth was exhibited by low concentrations of condensed tannins without FAS being precipitated. These results suggest tannins would be a valuable resource of bioactive substances...
- Potent inhibition of fatty acid synthase by parasitic loranthus [Taxillus chinensis (dc.) danser] and its constituent avicularinYan Wang
Department of Biology, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100049, China
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 21:87-93. 2006..In addition, we have found that avicularin existing in this herb can potently inhibit FAS. This glycosylated flavonoid and quercetin play an effective role in inhibiting FAS by parasitic loranthus...
- Inactivation mechanism of the beta-ketoacyl-[acyl carrier protein] reductase of bacterial type-II fatty acid synthase by epigallocatechin gallateBing-Hui Li
Department of Biology, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100049, P. R. China
Biochem Cell Biol 84:755-62. 2006..Based on the results, we propose a mechanism for the interaction of EGCG with FabG:EGCG first binds reversibly to each subunit of FabG, followed by covalent modification and then aggregation of the 4 EGCG-modified subunits...
- Inhibitory activity of chlorogenic acid on enzymes involved in the fatty acid synthesis in animals and bacteriaBing Hui Li
Department of Biology, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, PR China
IUBMB Life 58:39-46. 2006....
- Evaluation of the inhibitory activities of aceraceous plants on fatty acid synthaseWen hua Zhao
Department of Chemical Biology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100069, China
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 22:501-10. 2007..6), which may be related to the inhibition of lipogenesis in these cells...
- The extract of leaves of Acer truncatum Bunge: A natural inhibitor of fatty acid synthase with antitumor activityWen-hua Zhao
Department of Chemical Biology, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100069, China
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 21:589-96. 2006..2). It was infered that the inhibitory activity is likely attributable to the co-operative effect of the components...
- The galloyl moiety of green tea catechins is the critical structural feature to inhibit fatty-acid synthaseXuan Wang
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100039, PR China
Biochem Pharmacol 66:2039-47. 2003..Here we identify the galloyl moiety of green tea catechins as critical in the inactivation of the ketoacyl reductase activity of FAS for the first time...
- Presence of fatty acid synthase inhibitors in the rhizome of Alpinia officinarum hanceBing-Hui Li
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences, PO Box 3908, Beijing 100039, People's Republic of China
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 18:349-56. 2003..Analysis of the kinetic results led to the conclusion that the inhibitory mechanism of GE is totally different from that of some other previously reported inhibitors of FAS, such as cerulenin, EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) and C75...
- Keemun black tea extract contains potent fatty acid synthase inhibitors and reduces food intake and body weight of rats via oral administrationYa-Tao Du
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, People's Republic China
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 20:349-56. 2005..In addition, Keemun black tea extract significantly reduced food intake, body weight and blood triglyceride of diet-induced obesity SD rats via oral administration...
- Weight reduction by Chinese medicinal herbs may be related to inhibition of fatty acid synthaseWei Xi Tian
Department of Biology, The Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100039, PR China
Life Sci 74:2389-99. 2004..These results indicate that many of weight reducing herbs used in TCM do so by inhibiting FAS. They also hold promise for the development of new nontoxic and low cost weight reducing substances from these herbs...
- Inhibitive effect of zinc ion on fatty acid synthase from chicken liverFan Wang
Department of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, University of Tsinghua, Beijing 100084, PR China
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 35:391-400. 2003..This suggests that the phosphopantetheine SH group is the critical group in the cross-link and inhibition of FAS in the presence of Zn(2+)...