Affiliation: Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Yuan X, Qiang Z, Ben W, Zhu B, Liu J. Rapid detection of multiple class pharmaceuticals in both municipal wastewater and sludge with ultra high performance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. J Environ Sci (China). 2014;26:1949-59 pubmed publisher..55mg/kg (ofloxacin). The developed method demonstrated its selectivity, sensitivity, and reliability for detecting multiple-class pharmaceuticals in complex matrices such as municipal wastewater and sludge. ..
- Zhu B, Zonja B, Gonzalez O, Sans C, PÃ©rez S, BarcelÃ³ D, et al. Degradation kinetics and pathways of three calcium channel blockers under UV irradiation. Water Res. 2015;86:9-16 pubmed publisher..In the WWTP effluent, although the target CCBs could be degraded, several TBPs still contained the functional pharmacophores and reached peak concentrations under UV fluences of 40-100 mJ cm(-2). ..
- Wang J, Ben W, Zhang Y, Yang M, Qiang Z. Effects of thermophilic composting on oxytetracycline, sulfamethazine, and their corresponding resistance genes in swine manure. Environ Sci Process Impacts. 2015;17:1654-60 pubmed publisher..e., EFP TRGs, EI TRG and SRGs). In summary, thermophilic composting of swine manure could remove the studied antibiotics effectively, but failed to prevent the proliferation of their corresponding ARGs. ..
- Liu S, Li Z, Dong H, Goodman B, Qiang Z. Formation of iodo-trihalomethanes, iodo-acetic acids, and iodo-acetamides during chloramination of iodide-containing waters: Factors influencing formation and reaction pathways. J Hazard Mater. 2017;321:28-36 pubmed publisher..Finally, potential pathways for I-DBPs formation from chloramination of NOM were proposed. ..
- Ben W, Wang J, Pan X, Qiang Z. Dissemination of antibiotic resistance genes and their potential removal by on-farm treatment processes in nine swine feedlots in Shandong Province, China. Chemosphere. 2017;167:262-268 pubmed publisher..This study helps the effective assessment and management of ecological risks arising from ARGs in swine feedlots. ..
- Wang J, Ben W, Yang M, Zhang Y, Qiang Z. Dissemination of veterinary antibiotics and corresponding resistance genes from a concentrated swine feedlot along the waste treatment paths. Environ Int. 2016;92-93:317-23 pubmed publisher..This study helps understand the evolution and spread of ARGs from swine feedlots to the environment as well as assess the environmental risk arising from swine waste treatment. ..
- Ben W, Wang J, Cao R, Yang M, Zhang Y, Qiang Z. Distribution of antibiotic resistance in the effluents of ten municipal wastewater treatment plants in China and the effect of treatment processes. Chemosphere. 2017;172:392-398 pubmed publisher..7 × 1018 (sul1) copies d-1, respectively. This study helps the effective assessment and scientific management of ecological risks induced by antibiotic resistance discharged from WWTPs. ..
- Hu J, Qiang Z, Dong H, Qu J. Enhanced formation of bromate and brominated disinfection byproducts during chlorination of bromide-containing waters under catalysis of copper corrosion products. Water Res. 2016;98:302-8 pubmed publisher..In mechanism, the CCPs promoted the formation of BrO3(-) and Br-DBPs through catalyzing the HOBr disproportionation pathway and the reaction of HOBr toward HA, respectively. ..
- Dong H, Qiang Z, Liu S, Li J, Yu J, Qu J. Oxidation of iopamidol with ferrate (Fe(VI)): Kinetics and formation of toxic iodinated disinfection by-products. Water Res. 2018;130:200-207 pubmed publisher..Although Fe(VI) is considered as a green oxidant, the formation of highly toxic I-DBPs during the oxidation of IPM should receive great attention. ..
- Ben W, Zhu B, Yuan X, Zhang Y, Yang M, Qiang Z. Occurrence, removal and risk of organic micropollutants in wastewater treatment plants across China: Comparison of wastewater treatment processes. Water Res. 2018;130:38-46 pubmed publisher..This study draws an overall picture about the current status of MPs in WWTPs across China and provides useful information for better control of the risks associated with MPs. ..
- Dong H, Qiang Z, Lian J, Li J, Yu J, Qu J. Deiodination of iopamidol by zero valent iron (ZVI) enhances formation of iodinated disinfection by-products during chloramination. Water Res. 2018;129:319-326 pubmed publisher..Given that ZVI ubiquitously exists in the unlined cast iron distribution pipes, the deiodination of IPM by ZVI during distribution may increase the formation of I-DBPs, which needs receive enough attention. ..
- Wen D, Wu Z, Tang Y, Li M, Qiang Z. Accelerated degradation of sulfamethazine in water by VUV/UV photo-Fenton process: Impact of sulfamethazine concentration on reaction mechanism. J Hazard Mater. 2018;344:1181-1187 pubmed publisher..In addition, HO and HO2 were identified as the main ROS in the VPF process. This study demonstrates that the VPF process can effectively remove organic micropollutants from water. ..
- Xu K, Ben W, Ling W, Zhang Y, Qu J, Qiang Z. Impact of humic acid on the degradation of levofloxacin by aqueous permanganate: Kinetics and mechanism. Water Res. 2017;123:67-74 pubmed publisher..This study helps better understand the degradation of organic micropollutants by MnO4- in drinking water treatment. ..
- Dong H, Qiang Z, Lian J, Qu J. Promoted oxidation of diclofenac with ferrate (Fe(VI)): Role of ABTS as the electron shuttle. J Hazard Mater. 2017;336:65-70 pubmed publisher..This study provides new insights to reconsider the role of organic matter during Fe(VI) oxidation and highlights the potential for increasing the reactivity of Fe(VI). ..
- Dong H, Qiang Z, Lian J, Qu J. Degradation of nitro-based pharmaceuticals by UV photolysis: Kinetics and simultaneous reduction on halonitromethanes formation potential. Water Res. 2017;119:83-90 pubmed publisher..e. 20-80 mJ cm-2), the effective abatement of RNTD and NZTD and their HNMsFP could not be fully achieved, highlighting the necessity of increasing UV fluence or developing UV-based advanced oxidation process in future. ..
- Ben W, Zhu B, Yuan X, Zhang Y, Yang M, Qiang Z. Transformation and fate of natural estrogens and their conjugates in wastewater treatment plants: Influence of operational parameters and removal pathways. Water Res. 2017;124:244-250 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the challenge on the elimination of NEs, particularly their conjugates, by wastewater treatment processes. ..
- Hu J, Dong H, Xu Q, Ling W, Qu J, Qiang Z. Impacts of water quality on the corrosion of cast iron pipes for water distribution and proposed source water switch strategy. Water Res. 2018;129:428-435 pubmed publisher..To avoid the occurrence of "red water", a source water switch strategy was proposed based on the difference between local and foreign water qualities. ..
- Hu J, Dong H, Qu J, Qiang Z. Enhanced degradation of iopamidol by peroxymonosulfate catalyzed by two pipe corrosion products (CuO and ?-MnO2). Water Res. 2017;112:1-8 pubmed publisher..The IPM degradation by PMS mainly proceeded through two pathways: (1) amide hydrolysis of side chain A, amino oxidation, and amide hydrolysis of side chains B and B' in sequence; and (2) deiodination reactions. ..
- Li W, Li M, Bolton J, Qu J, Qiang Z. Impact of inner-wall reflection on UV reactor performance as evaluated by using computational fluid dynamics: The role of diffuse reflection. Water Res. 2017;109:382-388 pubmed publisher..This study has evaluated, for the first time, the impact of inner-wall diffuse reflection on UV reactor performance and has renewed the understanding about the contribution of FR distribution uniformity to UV reactor performance. ..